Automatic Login Not Working as Expected

scottc

23 Nov 2015, 15:05

Sometimes I wonder if you've got stock in Apple for all the praise you give their various products!

Muirium
µ

23 Nov 2015, 15:07

Nah, their keyboards are shit. Which is something of an issue for a Deskthoritarian! I'm none too hot on what they did to the Magic Mouse either:

http://deskthority.net/product-news-f44 ... 11802.html

I prefer my wireless charging version. Now "obsolete". Like this Kishsaver beside it…

Anyway, I've no idea if this login issue is browser related. But when you have passwords like mine, credential sync is more than just a minor convenience:

elecplus

23 Nov 2015, 16:08

I closed my DT window last night, and for the first time in a long time, it did not log me in this morning. Had to do it manually.

webwit
Wild Duck

23 Nov 2015, 16:39

That was me, there was a cookie reset to see if that helps.

andrewjoy

23 Nov 2015, 17:24

I am guessing it reset cookies for everyone ? I do get that from time to time i would say every 2 weeks or so i get logged out.

webwit
Wild Duck

23 Nov 2015, 18:57

Yes, general cookie reset.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

25 Nov 2015, 16:07

seemed okay yesterday, but got kicked out again today after I logged in from another PC (on the same network).

andrewjoy

25 Nov 2015, 16:28

I also got logged out today.

webwit
Wild Duck

25 Nov 2015, 17:03

Shit. I really wonder what makes the difference between what a few are suffering as opposed to everybody else where there is no problem. I've been logged in from different clients, different networks, even different countries, no problem. I only suffered this problem a couple of years ago until a certain Firefox update, and never since. Maybe it's more of a problem if you use different instances from the same client on the same machine, so it can't differentiate.

andrewjoy

25 Nov 2015, 17:15

Its strange , i can be fine for weeks and then it will log me out and keep doing it a few times that day , and then it will be fine again. I do use different clients behind the same IP at least some of the time.

Hypersphere

26 Oct 2016, 21:17

During the past several days, I have been experiencing the login problem again. Has something changed on the DT server(s)?

webwit
Wild Duck

26 Oct 2016, 21:26

No changes.

Return to “Deskthority talk”