The DHL Germany December Disaster 2010

sixty
Gasbag Guru

08 Feb 2011, 22:49

Yeah. I tried to do that for a while with videogames and later keyboards. Failed in both cases.

Minskleip

08 Feb 2011, 23:22

Why would you buy games and not play them?

sixty
Gasbag Guru

08 Feb 2011, 23:23

Why would you buy keyboards and not use them?
I dunno.. collectors syndrome or something.

Minskleip

08 Feb 2011, 23:29

If you bought games for a certain system sure, but I'd still would want to play them if I could (and they didn't suck). I don't have enough money to buy keyboards I can't use, even for a little while.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

08 Feb 2011, 23:30

About a decade and a half ago I used to collect Japanese import video games. Usually kept the original sealed and pirated the game to play it.

Minskleip

08 Feb 2011, 23:33

That's different :) Pirating is the best; I always get some kind of skleip on my cds.
I've also bought good games after I've pirated and played them, but then I was silly enough to reinstall them with the real cd..

sixty
Gasbag Guru

14 Feb 2011, 16:43

The parcel to webwit or Mr. Interface re-arrived at my place today apparently! I'm not sure yet, since I'm still at work, but I expect no other shipment from the Netherlands.

Minskleip

15 Feb 2011, 00:07

At least the wasn't lost in the void. Hopefully you'll receive a refund for the shipping.

webwit
Wild Duck

15 Feb 2011, 00:19

You gotta wonder why they didn't deliver it, like, to the recipient. So a mail guy got sick etc and mail wasn't delivered. What did they do to fix it? Wait 1.5 month and return it to sender. If you're lucky.

Minskleip

15 Feb 2011, 00:22

Sounds like Norwegian bureaucracy. Have to follow the rules you know. Shipping takes too long? Ship it back!

Moogle Stiltzkin

17 Feb 2011, 07:23

i don't do shipping with DHL much but my experience with them was pretty fine (better than the local mail that is for sure).

Seems one of those weird shipping cases like out of a movie like when Tom Hanks plane crash lands on a remote island and he is forced to survive on other peoples mail :d lol

Last edited by Moogle Stiltzkin on 17 Feb 2011, 08:04, edited 1 time in total.

Mrinterface

17 Feb 2011, 08:01

sixty wrote:The parcel to webwit or Mr. Interface re-arrived at my place today apparently! I'm not sure yet, since I'm still at work, but I expect no other shipment from the Netherlands.

Ooooohhhhhh, there is still hope!!!! :-)

sixty
Gasbag Guru

18 Feb 2011, 22:09

The parcel returned was the keypad and keycaps I sent to webwit. It does not look like it ever left Germany. No foreign lekker Nederlandse stickers on it.

Now here is what happened, you gonna laugh:

At the time I shipped the parcel to webwit, it was with the November 2010 prices, resulting an insuranced parcel up to 2kg for only Euro 4,90.... now the parcel was stuck there due to the situation explained in post one for about 3 months. When it finally was moving again.... "oh we changed the prices and the promotional price is of course not applying anymore. An insuranced parcel to the Netherlands costs EUR 7,90, sir." So their "return to sender" sticker simply states the shipment was underpaid for, and therefore returned to the shipper.

Seriously? You gotta be fucking kidding me.

I got a refund for the shipping when I pointed out how stupid that logic is, but still. I'm tempted to sum this all up and take it to the media again.

webwit
Wild Duck

18 Feb 2011, 22:20

Now there they took it one step too far. After their first total fuck-up, apparently they learned nothing instead of trying to repair the damage. Now they can be held accountable for organizing all this lost and delayed mail, which can be prosecuted on a criminal basis because mail laws are very strict. They snubbed those laws.

Crazy9000

19 Feb 2011, 05:32

I ordered a headphone cable from some Asian country over a month ago and it isn't here yet :(. Too bad it's so hard to avoid DHL for international shipments.

kbdholic

19 Feb 2011, 08:12

DHL sucks in korea also, fedex better & cheaper.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

27 Feb 2011, 02:03

DHL always stays a lot of fun! Today I was awaiting a shipment from Korea, it now says it has been delivery.... to a very weird name.
26.02.11 13:40 Hours
--
Shipment has been delivered to ZUG MAN ROLL IN 440. LIESE.
Now, don't blame it on us Krauts - ZUG MAN ROLL IN 440 LIESE makes no sense in German either. 440 is no street or zip code or anything either. Those are 5 digits.

I called DHL to ask them what this obscure status is and I got redirected to a total of three support members, all lolling at the address and saying that they have never heard it either. Google apparently never has heard of this either.

They said for me to call again on Monday to find out what the driver has done with it to result in such a weird cryptic status.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

07 Mar 2011, 18:02

These guys keep getting better and better. Today I sent in an request about the costs of a business account, to compare their prices to their competition. They replied to me in French. Wtf?

db_Iodine

07 Mar 2011, 18:51

By now it just looks like they're trolling you pretty hard.

Return to “Off-topic”