KBTalking Pure - New mini keyboard with smarter layout

zoidbergslo

23 Nov 2011, 23:42

This looks interesting. So Poker with minor improvements. So will this be available like poker is (ok without aluminium case since that would skyrocket the price but leds and pPOM keycaps would be nice)?

Cyclonechuah

24 Nov 2011, 07:28

frankbartoli wrote:what's the difference between pure and race? I want the backlit so I supposed I should wait for an unknow release...
The difference are.
Race
-have backlit.
-Has a R5 Row, plus some other unique keycap shape.(do note, when keycap broken, you're basically screwed)
-Unique Layout and slightly bigger size of Pure.

Pure
-do not have backlit.(only limited editon has backlit)
-Compatible with most Keycaps except the right shift button.
-Same size as KBC Poker

For Race, the pre-order will be ending on this Friday, GMT +8 Friday.

Cyclonechuah

24 Nov 2011, 07:38

zoidbergslo wrote:This looks interesting. So Poker with minor improvements. So will this be available like poker is (ok without aluminium case since that would skyrocket the price but leds and pPOM keycaps would be nice)?
一、英文黑軸:預購價1799元(上市價未定)
二、英文青軸:預購價1899元(上市價未定)
三、英文茶軸:預購價1999元(上市價未定)
四、英文紅軸:預購價2599元(上市價未定)
五、中文黑軸:預購價1799元(上市價未定)
六、中文青軸:預購價1899元(上市價未定)
七、中文茶軸:預購價1999元(上市價未定)
八、中文紅軸:預購價2599元(上市價未定)

九、二周年紀念版(可能會有變因):預購價3999元,上市價預計為4399元
Price
1、English Layout (Cherry MX Black):Pre-Order Price NTD $1799 (SRP Market Price Not Confirm Yet)
2、English Layout (Cherry MX Blue):Pre-Order Price NTD $1899 (SRP Market Price Not Confirm Yet)
3、English Layout (Cherry MX Brown):Pre-Order Price NTD $1999 (SRP Market Price Not Confirm Yet)
4、English Layout (Cherry MX Red):Pre-Order Price NTD $2599 (SRP Market Price Not Confirm Yet)
5、Chinese Layout (Cherry MX Black):Pre-Order Price NTD $1799 (SRP Market Price Not Confirm Yet)
6、Chinese Layout (Cherry MX Blue):Pre-Order Price NTD $1899 (SRP Market Price Not Confirm Yet)
7、Chinese Layout (Cherry MX Brown):Pre-Order Price NTD $1999 (SRP Market Price Not Confirm Yet)
8、Chinese Layout (Cherry MX Red):Pre-Order Price NTD $2599 (SRP Market Price Not Confirm Yet)

9、Second Anniversary Celebration Special Edition(Might change in future):Pre-Order Price NTD $3999 ,SRP Market Price Estimated $4399

NTD $3999 = USD $131.40
Convert by using www.xe.com
Well, you get the idea, Aluminium anodized casing, POM Keycaps, Backlit, Features for USD $131, i think it's a very very very good price.

Now the only problem is, they do not ship to international

prava

25 Nov 2011, 02:50

We better start moving to get some contacts because for those prices they have insanely features. WANT!

Findecanor

25 Nov 2011, 07:34

Cyclonechuah wrote:Pure
-Compatible with most Keycaps except the right shift button.
The Cherry G80-1800 has a shift button that size, and 7bit's group buy has it as part of the STANDARD and TENKLESS kits.
I think the bigger problem is finding the 1 unit wide key to place next to it.

Gilgam

26 Nov 2011, 13:03

Now the only problem is, they do not ship to international

And THIS is really annoying, isn't it ?

by the way calling keyboards PURE RACE leaves me some strange feelings... :-)

ripster

27 Nov 2011, 03:33

Actually it's called "Race for the Pure".

attarian

29 Nov 2011, 16:39

I think i will provide french market with those Keyboard in green backlight for the four different switches.

ndp

29 Nov 2011, 17:32

attarian wrote:I think i will provide french market with those Keyboard in green backlight for the four different switches.
great news!

foliolio

30 Nov 2011, 00:26

So will this Race be available with ISO layout?

prava

30 Nov 2011, 00:52

attarian wrote:I think i will provide french market with those Keyboard in green backlight for the four different switches.
You mean for the whole Europe, right? 8-)

Cyclonechuah

30 Nov 2011, 03:17

Race will only be in one layout, see the Race keyboard for pictures, i don't think they provide other different layout.

Pure on the other hand, do not have any info for the moment

sixty
Gasbag Guru

30 Nov 2011, 09:38

I will be running orders for this probably. I have been in contact with Vortex about these since a couple of months. Do not know Euro prices yet.

CeeSA

30 Nov 2011, 10:04

hmm, the prices in $ seems to be fixed. Maybe they could even convert :?

Would like to order some of the "Races" :)

Roch

30 Nov 2011, 22:16

VorTex-JC directed me to this site as I would like to order a Race. Is this the correct place to register interest in getting involved in a group buy? Thanks.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

30 Nov 2011, 22:25

As soon as I have further information, a group buy will go up in the marketplace section. The initial order phsae will last a couple of days/weeks depending on interest.

Btw, welcome!

:D

frankbartoli

30 Nov 2011, 22:25

im ready.

JBert

30 Nov 2011, 22:46

I'm wondering, would it be possible to stuff a KBTalking Pure PCB into a Poker case? If so, would there be a chance to buy such a PCB without the switches?

Roch

01 Dec 2011, 10:00

Thanks Sixty! :D

s0b

01 Dec 2011, 12:12

im ready too :D

prava

03 Dec 2011, 16:51

You mean this is for the RACE keyboard, right?

sixty
Gasbag Guru

04 Dec 2011, 18:19

I will be taking orders for the RACE sometime next week. Seems the price will be around 90~100 Euros.

fireglow

05 Dec 2011, 01:04

Interested as well

cmh

05 Dec 2011, 01:08

I'm more interested in this than the race, those weird keys really bug me. If geekhack started a group buy in US for this first I'm sure I would of bought one.

Nask

05 Dec 2011, 15:00

Interested in RACE too. :P

mSSM

10 Dec 2011, 05:11

Cyclonechuah wrote:KBT Pure Information : A KBC Poker which minor improvement such as additional screw to add stability on the PCB and improve overall typing.
KBT Pure 2nd Anniversary Edition Extra Info :
Backlit Feature(Original KBT Pure does not have backlit feature)
POM Keycaps(Orginal Color which is white and a little transparency)
Anodize Aluminium(replaced previous mention Wood casing)

Keyboard design still in progress.
Source 1 : http://kbtalking.cool3c.com/article/49687
Source 2 : http://kbtalking.cool3c.com/article/50499

KBT Pure Picture and Layout : http://kbtalking.cool3c.com/article/46017
Picture can be seen below if you can't see the webpage:
[redundant picture snipped for your convenience]

Who are they kidding? Where the Filco is my tilde/backtick? A keyboard without a tilde/backtick is useless!!

sordna

10 Dec 2011, 07:34

The tilde/backtick is to the right of the right Shift. Pretty smart location, there's no need for the right shift to extend all the way to the edge of the keyboard anyway.

mSSM

11 Dec 2011, 14:37

Oh dear lord, that tilda/backtick's location is way too good. Now I have to seriously consider what's worth more: buying tickets to see my girlfriend or this keyboard. No fair!

webwit
Wild Duck

12 Dec 2011, 02:06

Mechanical keyboards last longer!

kbdfr
The Tiproman

12 Dec 2011, 06:03

mSSM wrote:Oh dear lord, that tilda/backtick's location is way too good. Now I have to seriously consider what's worth more: buying tickets to see my girlfriend or this keyboard. No fair!
No matter how important a keyboard can be: girlfriend always take precedence.

Return to “Keyboards”