NTC KB-6851EA White Alps, Greek sub-legends.(BOARDS RECEIVED)

chzel

24 Dec 2015, 21:10

Small update
I'm sorry for the delay guys, this week has been hectic and I didn't get the chance to get much done. Over the weekend I'll work on invoicing and packing. By Sunday night invoices will be sent, and most orders packed.
Anyone who hasn't sent details, please send PM!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Laser
emacs -nw

24 Dec 2015, 21:14

Merry Christmas Chzel!

I'm almost tempted to say that delays are good in this period, since the postal service could be overwhelmed with gifts travelling between the two years.

Muirium
µ

24 Dec 2015, 21:26

What did we win, Chzel? And where's your Santa hat? It'd look good on Doctor Evil!

chzel

24 Dec 2015, 21:47

Nothing won, nothing lost!
I just wore my Satan Santa Hat

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

24 Dec 2015, 21:49

That's one hardcore of a santa hat chzel ! :o :lol:

Muirium
µ

24 Dec 2015, 21:51

Nice! Merry Evil Christmas to one and all!

Khers

27 Dec 2015, 20:29

...and paid!

Looking forward to this little greek cutie showing up in my mailbox :ugeek:

scottc

27 Dec 2015, 20:55

Paid just after I got the invoice earlier this evening. Thanks chzel! You're the boss.

Sayso

27 Dec 2015, 22:14

Paid too,
Thank you Chzel ;)

shreebles
Finally 60%

27 Dec 2015, 23:38

I just paid, thank you chzel.

Halvar

28 Dec 2015, 09:45

I paid this morning, too. Thanks again for doing this GB for us chzel!

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

28 Dec 2015, 15:53

Paid yesterday, thanks!

andrewjoy

28 Dec 2015, 17:04

Waiting for PM, no rush over this festive period.

jou

28 Dec 2015, 20:33

*insert embarrassed jou here*
chzel wrote: Small update
I'm sorry for the delay guys, this week has been hectic and I didn't get the chance to get much done. Over the weekend I'll work on invoicing and packing. By Sunday night invoices will be sent, and most orders packed.
Anyone who hasn't sent details, please send PM!

Merry Christmas everyone!
Last edited by jou on 28 Dec 2015, 21:43, edited 1 time in total.

Stabilized

28 Dec 2015, 20:36

jou wrote: Please send the keyboard to my work address:

<possibly sensitive information>
Did you mean to post that here? You might want to send this via PM instead :D

jou

28 Dec 2015, 21:40

Whoops! That was meant as a PM :o

(Good thing that was my work address which is not that critical… Phew…)

chzel

28 Dec 2015, 21:49

I still need your email! IN PM!

jou

28 Dec 2015, 21:51

chzel wrote: I still need your email! IN PM!
jdoe@example.org

Wait…

Hypersphere

31 Dec 2015, 00:58

Just received mine this evening -- this was a direct purchase from the eBay seller in Greece. I am typing on it now.

It is a nice little board. I was able to use my ATNsoft Key Manager keyboard remapping software to remap the Nan Tan 6851 to a semblance of a HHKB layout. The keyboard does not require much adjustment for me, as I do not need a large Enter or Right Shift key, and the 1.00x Backslash (\) key works okay as my Backspace.

The keyboard is very light and has a somewhat plastic-hollow sound, but I do not find the sound objectionable. The tactile-auditory feedback of the white Alps switches is pronounced, and I find that my accuracy and speed are quite good on this keyboard. It certainly lacks the refined quietness of my silenced RF87UB55, but it is a fun change of pace.

The keycaps are indeed pad-printed, but they are brand new and look fine with a mix of Helvetia and Greek characters. It would be quite possible to swap out the alpha keys for some vintage dye-sub PBT or double-shot ABS caps, but it could be a challenge to find alternatives for the modifiers and spacebar.

The form factor is excellent. One reason I decided to buy this keyboard is the fact that unlike most of the hybrids that fall between a 60% and TKL, this board does not have an extra column of keys on the right-hand side. Consequently, it is about the same width as a standard 60% keyboard such as the Poker II or Pok3r. Nevertheless, it manages to squeeze in cursor keys along with Insert/Delete and a full top row of F-keys (including NumLock, PrintScreen, and Pause/Break).

There is even an embedded numeric keypad. I discovered that you need to use Fn+F10 in addition to NumLock to activate this.

I look forward to seeing the impressions of others who will be receiving their NTC 6851 boards.

Laser
emacs -nw

31 Dec 2015, 01:10

Thanks for the details, Hyper!

How about a couple of good pics? :)

Hypersphere

31 Dec 2015, 17:42

@Laser: Yes, I know I should have posted pics. I am very poor at photography and very lazy about documenting things with images. Probably by the time I would get around to this, everyone in the GB will have received their NTC KB-6851EA keyboards.

Although the NTC 6851 is a nifty little board, today I pulled my V60MTS boards back into my rotation, and I find that I prefer typing on any of these (Matias Linear, Quiet, or Click versions) rather than the NTC. In particular, I like the V60MTS-Click; it is noisy, but as long as I am not within earshot of others, it is a great keyboard for providing excellent aural and tactile feedback.

As with all my keyboards, I use ATNsoft Key Manager remapping software so that I can have something very close to a HHKB layout. Of course, this only works if I am using a computer that has the remapping software installed. It would really be great if KBP came out with fully programmable V60MTS keyboards.

seebart

31 Dec 2015, 21:13

Thanks for the feedback Hypersphere, sounds promising! Looking foreward to mine.

Laser
emacs -nw

01 Jan 2016, 13:04

Yay, no problem, I also owe this forum some pictures in some older threads :)

Happy New Year!

Shinryuu

04 Jan 2016, 00:27

I haven't gained my invoice yet even I'm ready to pay! 8-)

EDIT1. Oh sh.. I forgot to send information.

Ludovician

04 Jan 2016, 09:06

Well done.

scottc

06 Jan 2016, 23:02

What's the latest news about these little guys, chzel? No rush, just wondering!

chzel

06 Jan 2016, 23:09

I'm getting the shipping boxes tomorrow, they were on backorder, and packing will start! Hopefully a few orders will go out Friday, and the rest next week.
I'm sorry for the delay, last few days have been quite busy!

seebart

06 Jan 2016, 23:36

Thanks for the update chzel, keep up the good work.

andrewjoy

07 Jan 2016, 11:33

Looking forward to it , this could replace the 60% filco i have on my KVM ( if it does not mid being hotpluged)

Ludovician

19 Jan 2016, 09:36

Any news on this?

Return to “Group buys”