[Closed] EliteKeyboards *Mini* GB - Ships February!

Muirium
µ

01 Jan 2016, 00:34

CLOSED

Just leaving the rest of this for posterity…

PM me your orders!

PRICING:
EK's prices do not include sales tax. So I have to add that (8% here)
And I have to add PayPal's USD transaction fee (1%)
So let's call it EK price + 10% + $1 per order to cover the US shipping.

European shipping should be about £4 / 5.50 Euros when I'm home. (Britain isn't cheap!)

For now, I'm putting aside the European leg of this and just looking for the US Dollars for the order. I will be collecting these via PayPal.

Want to order? PM me.

Okay, so as you may know I'm over in California this winter. I've been trial packing my return luggage — I fly back to Scotland in early February — and there may still be a little spare space. A little! So I have another potentially stupid idea…

Following on from my Unicomp, Hypersphere's Topre damping rings and NeXT GBs, how about some EK caps?

You see, my Realforce could use one of these:

http://www.elitekeyboards.com/products. ... =hh_redesc

But buying just the one cap from EK would cost me $8.67 including shipping and Californian sales tax. Ngh! So how about we share the burden a bit and buy a few things together? I'm talking specifically about *small* items from EK, because luggage space is the ultimate limit on this. Any of you in Europe fancy some of this stuff?

http://www.elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=access

The most interesting caps EK sells is its Topre selection:

http://www.elitekeyboards.com/products. ... ,toprekeys

I don't think I can handle anything as large as keyboard roofs or HHKB carry cases, alas. (I'm already flying with one of those! It's essential travel gear for me.) So take a look at the caps, especially the small sets like mods.

Think small, okay! I won't be making the same mistake I did with my runaway Unicomp GB last time. The plan here is if anyone wants to join me for a few EK goodies, I'll open up orders for the first couple of weeks of January and get the gear in my hands well before I fly back home again. Quantities will be limited! And prices will be above EK's listed rates, because there's 8% sales tax plus shipping to pay.

There's plenty of you already in my other group buys. Naturally, I can bundle caps with whatever else you've got over here with me. Otherwise, we're talking about £4 or so for European shipping once I'm home. Britain isn't cheap! Which is one of the reasons I do so enjoy to escape it from time to time…

So, interest?

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

01 Jan 2016, 00:38

Considdering I just recently blew more €€€ on a RF 86U I might be up for one of those Red "Esc" caps.

Muirium
µ

01 Jan 2016, 01:01

Yeah, the red escape is the star of the bunch. That's why I'm even considering running yet another GB.

How do you like your Realforce then? First Topre?

Nuum

01 Jan 2016, 02:04

I'd be interested in at least a blue Cherry WASD set. I'll have a look for more interesting stuff tomorrow.

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

01 Jan 2016, 02:50

So sad that I missed the unicomp gb, no rgb set for me :(

Muirium
µ

01 Jan 2016, 03:36

There is a potential Round 2 on the Unicomp stuff. If you're fast! I think I'm short a few caps for my XTant so many well place another order.

Anyone else interested in some of that? *Some* as in small orders this time!

mars

01 Jan 2016, 11:27

I'm interested in a blank red esc key for my soon to arrive hhkb.

I need to check prices on other small sets like those with the diamond cluster arrows and I'll let you know by tomorrow if I'm in.
Thanks m8

EDIT: nevermind I'm out. But thanks
Last edited by mars on 02 Jan 2016, 11:07, edited 1 time in total.

chzel

01 Jan 2016, 11:38

Muirium will be coming home in a cargo plane...

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

01 Jan 2016, 11:56

I've PMed you, Muirium.

elRetto

01 Jan 2016, 18:12

hey µ,

I'd be interested in a printed red escape key, if there's still a little more space laft for me ;)
also if you want to I'd happily pay a dollar or two more, to cover part of your order

elRetto

Muirium
µ

01 Jan 2016, 18:18

Sure I do. You're the first firm order!

I think I could handle something like 50 caps just fine. So no full sets! So far it's just you and me, and murmurs for more Unicomp! We'll see about that…

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

01 Jan 2016, 18:23

OK put me down for one. It will fit in my NeXT box for sure.

Muirium
µ

01 Jan 2016, 18:38

NeXTbox One or 360?

infodroid

01 Jan 2016, 18:51

Thanks for the offer µ. I sent you a PM.

Muirium
µ

02 Jan 2016, 19:15

Right, looks like we've plenty enough interest here for a GB. I'll rewrite the OP and get things started!

Muirium
µ

09 Jan 2016, 06:49

<PM Placeholder>

So you'd like to order some **small items** from EK?

Cool, tell me what they are.
And include your shipping address!
I will calculate your bill and PM you back with PayPal details.

</PM Placeholder>

koriolis

11 Jan 2016, 03:40

Some of the things I want from EK are small, but are out of stock. Specifically, I am referring to the enter keys. I know you mentioned the escape key, but if you are able to include any of the enter keys in the GB I would for sure be interested. I would contribute towards an enter key GB in any color, although orange would be my preference.

Muirium
µ

11 Jan 2016, 03:47

Those have been out of stock since I first investigated this GB a month or more ago. I just emailed EK to ask. Doubt it, but perhaps we'll be lucky. It'd be real lucky given the tight deadline I've got, flying out of here!

Peter of A.

11 Jan 2016, 11:04

I was about to buy a few keycaps from them. You're right on time ! Thanks mate. I'll make you a list :D

Muirium
µ

11 Jan 2016, 22:39

I've got a hard deadline (shaped like a Boeing 737) for this GB. So get aboard quick, everyone, or else!

Madhias
BS TORPE

11 Jan 2016, 22:48

When could I have the items? [EDIT] Ah, will be shipped with other items like the Topre rings. OK. Hmm...

Muirium
µ

13 Jan 2016, 21:26

Yes, next month, when I'm home.

Muirium
µ

15 Jan 2016, 09:02

Attention: Anyone still waiting on an invoice? Please PM me. It's been a busy week, and this GB is closing for orders at the weekend.

This is also the last opportunity for late arrivals. Be quick!

Muirium
µ

16 Jan 2016, 10:38

Ah, I forgot Martin Luther King Day. (Yes, I'm European, like we know the date!) So I'll push back my final order with EK to Tuesday when there'll actually be anyone there to process it.

That means this stays open a few more days. It's not a :roll:ing deadline. It's a civil rights thing!

Muirium
µ

17 Jan 2016, 06:55

I just wrapped up my Topre Damping Rings GB. Let's end this one on Monday (a national holiday here in the US), so I can prepare the order and get it into EK when they're back in the office on Tuesday.

Muirium
µ

20 Jan 2016, 00:09

Order placed!
About 30 seconds before Chzel paid up.
Email to EK customer service written!

chzel

20 Jan 2016, 00:11

Guilty as charged Your Honour.

Muirium
µ

20 Jan 2016, 00:13

It was half my fault too. I didn't remember to pester!

Well, anyway, I'm chuffed. My last two remaining GBs closed and paid for this trip. And I've already submitted my first corrections! What's not to like…

Muirium
µ

20 Jan 2016, 21:36

Good news Chzel: you're in! Brian at EK told me to submit a new order and he'd PayPal me back the second shipping fee. All done!

Quite why you joined an EK GB and didn't get a single item of Topre stuff still beats me though…

Muirium
µ

22 Jan 2016, 23:12

I know, needs moar Escape…
IMG_3205 (1).jpg
IMG_3205 (1).jpg (204.58 KiB) Viewed 5281 times
IMG_3206 (1).jpg
IMG_3206 (1).jpg (154.4 KiB) Viewed 5281 times
IMG_3208 (1).jpg
IMG_3208 (1).jpg (185.09 KiB) Viewed 5281 times
I've toned it back to this for now. The orange fella and his buddies are for my 87U, when we meet again, back home.
IMG_3209 (1).jpg
IMG_3209 (1).jpg (128.2 KiB) Viewed 5281 times
IMG_3210 (1).jpg
IMG_3210 (1).jpg (176.2 KiB) Viewed 5281 times
The Cherry inclined of you will be glad to know those caps are safe and sound here today as well. I just don't have any compatible keyboards to model them on! Everything's Alps and IBM in this place besides my HHKB.

Return to “Group buys”