UKKeycaps GB #3: GMK Escape Pack (7 keys - £11.40) - PLACING ORDER!

Zaphir

01 Jan 2016, 21:38

Nice. I've been waiting for this.

Prelim

01 Jan 2016, 23:46

I didn't understood... is there any production update from GMK besides the previous ETA estimate?

UKKeycaps

04 Jan 2016, 21:38

Prelim wrote: I didn't understood... is there any production update from GMK besides the previous ETA estimate?
Last time I checked with GMK they said they were spot on with reaching their delivery estimate (mid jan)

lolpes

04 Jan 2016, 22:25

when was that?

UKKeycaps

04 Jan 2016, 22:44

lolpes wrote: when was that?
14th December, will ask again now.

EDIT: Looks like GMK gets back to work on the 11th, according to the automatic reply I received.

lolpes

04 Jan 2016, 23:47

Hope they can meet their schedule but if they only resume at the 11th then count on having delays. Maybe try and ask them for some pictures of some of the caps when they get produced ;)

UKKeycaps

04 Jan 2016, 23:58

lolpes wrote: Hope they can meet their schedule but if they only resume at the 11th then count on having delays. Maybe try and ask them for some pictures of some of the caps when they get produced ;)
As soon as I hear back from her I'll ask for some pictures :D

Prelim

07 Jan 2016, 19:57

seems to me that GMK will not meet the established ETA :(

UKKeycaps

07 Jan 2016, 20:46

Prelim wrote: seems to me that GMK will not meet the established ETA :(
DON'T PANIC! AHHHHHHH! Just kidding, but seriously, don't panic, it won't much later than the ETA I'm sure.

Prelim

14 Jan 2016, 19:29

no production updates?

UKKeycaps

14 Jan 2016, 22:32

Ok I got an email today. They have to push back their shipping estimate to the beginning of February due to delays from the company that supplies the plastic to them. Hopefully they'll stick to that estimate!

lolpes

14 Jan 2016, 22:43

UKKeycaps wrote: Ok I got an email today. They have to push back their shipping estimate to the beginning of February due to delays from the company that supplies the plastic to them. Hopefully they'll stick to that estimate!
Well at least we know everything is going according to their plan, phew that scared me, for a moment there I almost thought that they were going to keep the original estimate :roll:

Zaphir

15 Jan 2016, 16:22

Looking forward to get these nice Esc caps. I already have plans for one of them. :)

lolpes

15 Jan 2016, 23:08

Zaphir wrote: Looking forward to get these nice Esc caps. I already have plans for one of them. :)
Please tell me more :D

Prelim

15 Jan 2016, 23:40

and the delay award once again goes to... GMK!

UKKeycaps

17 Jan 2016, 21:21

Add a proper update about the small delay to the main post. Stay strong everyone you'll be fondling GMK cherry profile goodness soon. And as soon as this GB is wrapped up and everyone has their keys, the next GMK GB will launch :P (Keep an eye on MechSupply for it)

Prelim

17 Jan 2016, 21:29

better doing an IC first just to check whatever GMK keycaps would be selected, no?

UKKeycaps

17 Jan 2016, 21:44

Prelim wrote: better doing an IC first just to check whatever GMK keycaps would be selected, no?
Yup I'll do a brief one. It'll be a mod pack influenced by this image from reddit:

Prelim

17 Jan 2016, 21:51

Btw, just remember the market is already filled with RGB and CMY modifiers. What is lacking are spacebars, moogle kits, some other full single color mods or Enter keycap only.

well, lets see it when the Esc GB gets complete.

lolpes

17 Jan 2016, 23:22

And code keycaps do not forget code keycaps! Also arrows!

UKKeycaps

18 Jan 2016, 01:17

Hah ok well I'll do a first round interest check that narrows down if it'll be another esc pack, a mod pack, moogle kit, ISO-Enter and left shift pack, arrow pack etc!

LeandreN

18 Jan 2016, 08:46

UKKeycaps wrote: Hah ok well I'll do a first round interest check that narrows down if it'll be another esc pack, a mod pack, moogle kit, ISO-Enter and left shift pack, arrow pack etc!

Well, GMK ISO enters, I'm in already.

rddm

25 Jan 2016, 15:14

I want a ISO enter and a spacebar in V4

scottc

25 Jan 2016, 15:20

An ISO adapter kit would be very cool and kind of in-line with UKKeycaps' ideals

LeandreN

25 Jan 2016, 16:59

scottc wrote: An ISO adapter kit would be very cool and kind of in-line with UKKeycaps' ideals
I must agree with this fantastic idea, however most GMK sets already come with ISO keys.

Maybe ISO adapters for sets like Charred Orange?

Prelim

25 Jan 2016, 17:04

rddm wrote: I want a ISO enter and a spacebar in V4
x2, but I really doubt MOQ just for iso caps can be reached :?

UKKeycaps

25 Jan 2016, 19:02

The Chinese vendor who bought 100 sets in this group-buy is the main reason it went to production and didn't fail. I'll have to see what he thinks would be a good option first since he was so influential in helping this GB to succeed. I doubt the Chinese will be interested in ISO kits :O

Zaphir

25 Jan 2016, 19:29

Prelim wrote:
rddm wrote: I want a ISO enter and a spacebar in V4
x2, but I really doubt MOQ just for iso caps can be reached :?
x3, an ISO enter + a nice spacebar of the same color would be pretty cool. I'd jump into that. :)
Last edited by Zaphir on 25 Jan 2016, 21:51, edited 1 time in total.

Prelim

25 Jan 2016, 19:47

Zaphir wrote: x3, and ISO enter + a nice spacebar of the same color would be pretty cool. I'd jump into that. :)
then we must include ANSI enters in the mini-kits as well, non-EU orders are always bigger and are those who can really help in achieving MOQ ;)

elRetto

01 Feb 2016, 18:07

soooooooo any updates? ;)

Return to “Group buys”