12. chzel (Greece)
No votes
13. cookie (Germany)
1%

Total votes: 67

sphinx
Major Bummer

19 Jan 2016, 16:58

It's quite obvious that wlhm should be the winner. His review was far more detailed then any other. In fact afaik everyone else only gave some general impressions.

correction: Madhias, HAL and andrewjoy also did decent reviews of the board but i still think that wlhm's review was the best.
Last edited by sphinx on 19 Jan 2016, 17:09, edited 1 time in total.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

19 Jan 2016, 17:01

probably at this point Bram should just pick it randomly :)

sphinx
Major Bummer

19 Jan 2016, 17:02

matt3o wrote: probably at this point Bram should just pick it randomly :)
or pick a winner and give everyone else free shipping and a 50% discount voucher :roll:

db268

19 Jan 2016, 17:02

sphinx wrote:
matt3o wrote:
f4810 wrote: Well I voted for sphinx as well and we are from the same IP, as we work on the same company. IP grouping wouldn't be wise, I'd say.

Although I do think 0-posts or accounts created before the poll are both two good metrics to filter out some votes.
14 votes coming from the same IP all new users. c'mon! :D we can show proof
They are all real people i swear.. You have no idea the amount of beers i owe this people now..
I also work with Sphinx and I can confirm there are beers that will be charged for the votes from everyone here at the office. I won't be getting any because I forgot to vote, but this votes were indeed legit as far as I saw.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

19 Jan 2016, 17:09

db268 wrote: […] I also work with Sphinx and I can confirm there are beers that will be charged for the votes from everyone here at the office. I won't be getting any because I forgot to vote, but this votes were indeed legit as far as I saw.
You don't seriously want to argue that vote buying is a legit method, do you?

razuke

19 Jan 2016, 17:10

sphinx wrote: It's quite obvious that wlhm should be the winner. His review was far more detailed then any other. In fact afaik everyone else only gave some general impressions.

correction: Madhias, HAL and andrewjoy also did decent reviews of the board but i still think that wlhm's review was the best.
Yeah, for us it doens't matter who wins, all we want is our promised beers.

sphinx
Major Bummer

19 Jan 2016, 17:10

kbdfr wrote:
db268 wrote: […] I also work with Sphinx and I can confirm there are beers that will be charged for the votes from everyone here at the office. I won't be getting any because I forgot to vote, but this votes were indeed legit as far as I saw.
Well no one actually paid anything :roll:

Spikebolt
√(4) != -2

19 Jan 2016, 17:16

sphinx wrote:
matt3o wrote:
f4810 wrote: Well I voted for sphinx as well and we are from the same IP, as we work on the same company. IP grouping wouldn't be wise, I'd say.

Although I do think 0-posts or accounts created before the poll are both two good metrics to filter out some votes.
14 votes coming from the same IP all new users. c'mon! :D we can show proof
They are all real people i swear.. You have no idea the amount of beers i owe this people now..
It's actually funny cause I offered beer (edit2: as a joke) to my friends as well :lol:

EDIT: I think the 0 post rule would be fine, perfectly fair and valid and all that but it's kind of a bummer that such a rule would be introduced after the poll was over. Same IP requests is also pretty valid but I understand sphinx's argument perfectly, I even had my mom register on my computer!

scottc

19 Jan 2016, 17:24

Wow, I have to say this is bullshit. All new users from the same IP? I would suggest that the people involved would be disqualified... :roll:
db268 wrote: I also work with Sphinx and I can confirm there are beers that will be charged for the votes from everyone here at the office. I won't be getting any because I forgot to vote, but this votes were indeed legit as far as I saw.
:roll:

Thanks matt3o for taking a look at this. I think that wlhlm is indeed the rightful winner here.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

19 Jan 2016, 17:25

sphinx wrote:
kbdfr wrote:
Well no one actually paid anything :roll:
So in your opinion when I offer a cop some money if he doesn't pay attention while I am robbing a bank,
and he agrees and acts as agreed, there's nothing reprehensible as long as the money hasn't been paid… yet?

Or do you mean a beer is just a minor bribe not worth talking about?

Or are you just trying to get me angry? :evil:

sphinx
Major Bummer

19 Jan 2016, 17:27

kbdfr wrote: [...]

So in your opinion when I offer a cop some money if he doesn't pay attention while I am robbing a bank,
and he agrees and acts as agreed, there's nothing reprehensible as long as the money hasn't been paid… yet?

Or do you mean a beer is just a minor bribe not worth talking about?

Or are you just trying to get me angry? :evil:
I'm pretty sure it's the last one :P

Spikebolt
√(4) != -2

19 Jan 2016, 17:31

scottc wrote: Wow, I have to say this is bullshit. All new users from the same IP? I would suggest that the people involved would be disqualified... :roll:
I will accept whatever decision regardless of the outcome, but I'd dislike to be (or have anyone be) disqualified for having a couple of coworkers vote in a public poll...

sphinx
Major Bummer

19 Jan 2016, 17:32

kbdfr
The Tiproman

19 Jan 2016, 17:34

Spikebolt wrote:
scottc wrote: Wow, I have to say this is bullshit. All new users from the same IP? I would suggest that the people involved would be disqualified... :roll:
I will accept whatever decision regardless of the outcome, but I'd dislike to be disqualified for having a couple of coworkers vote in a public poll...
They are coworkers only seen from your perspective.
Seen from DT's perspective, they are bribed voters.

Spikebolt
√(4) != -2

19 Jan 2016, 17:41

kbdfr wrote:
Spikebolt wrote:
I will accept whatever decision regardless of the outcome, but I'd dislike to be disqualified for having a couple of coworkers vote in a public poll...
They are coworkers only seen from your perspective.
Seen from DT's perspective, they are bribed voters.
The criteria which people use to cast their votes is their own choice. Either they liked my review or like my blue eyes but there was no rule preventing anyone from voting on whoever they pleased. No one should be disqualified for having votes from friends/coworkers. That's just silly.

guk
1896 Vintage Reds

19 Jan 2016, 17:45

"Winner of the best review/impression of the NovaTouch TKL Tour" was supposed to win a NT, for beers and blue eyes there might be other places and/or occasions.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

19 Jan 2016, 18:01

Spikebolt wrote: […] The criteria which people use to cast their votes is their own choice. Either they liked my review or like my blue eyes but there was no rule preventing anyone from voting on whoever they pleased. No one should be disqualified for having votes from friends/coworkers. That's just silly.
That's Mafia argumentation.
Pay someone a beer or $10 or $100 or $1,000 or $10,000,
and then say: "The criteria which people use to cast their votes is their own choice."

Spikebolt
√(4) != -2

19 Jan 2016, 18:04

The only flaw in your thought is that no one actually got paid anything: it was a joke :o

sphinx
Major Bummer

19 Jan 2016, 18:05

Spikebolt wrote: The only flaw in your thought is that no one actually got paid anything: it was a joke :o
I allready have people asking for beers :(

Spikebolt
√(4) != -2

19 Jan 2016, 18:07

sphinx wrote:
Spikebolt wrote: The only flaw in your thought is that no one actually got paid anything: it was a joke :o
I allready have people asking for beers :(
At least they aren't asking you this :lol:

petersaints

19 Jan 2016, 18:09

I voted on Spikebolt because he is the most awesome guy in the world. I don't even like beer!!

SL89

19 Jan 2016, 18:13

This seems pretty fucked up. How many 'coworkers' registered just to vote on this poll.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

19 Jan 2016, 18:16

A joke?
We don't even know for sure all people who voted for you are real persons.
All we know is a lot of votes came from the same IP.

sphinx
Major Bummer

19 Jan 2016, 18:21

kbdfr wrote:
A joke?
We don't even know for sure all people who voted for you are real persons.
I can get a group picture actually :roll:

andrewjoy

19 Jan 2016, 18:24

I would generally say that asking people to vote who are not part of the community is against the spirit of the poll, but this is something that CM Bram will have to decide.

SL89

19 Jan 2016, 18:26

andrewjoy wrote: I would generally say that asking people to vote who are not part of the community is against the spirit of the poll, but this is something that CM Bram will have to decide.
I think it goes against the spirit of any sort of poll or contest, not just here.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

19 Jan 2016, 18:44

sphinx wrote:
kbdfr wrote: […] We don't even know for sure all people who voted for you are real persons.
Yes please.
Showing all the villains who voted for you just as a favour in order to help you win something,
irrespective of your merit in relation with the terms of the poll:
CM Bram wrote: […] So, who in your opinion made the best impression or review? Who was the most creative, or had the best insight? Who deserves to win a NovaTouch TKL? Voting per the Poll right here!! […]

sphinx
Major Bummer

19 Jan 2016, 18:49

kbdfr wrote:
sphinx wrote:
kbdfr wrote: […] We don't even know for sure all people who voted for you are real persons.
Yes please.
Showing all the villains who voted for you just as a favour in order to help you win something,
irrespective of your merit in relation with the terms of the poll:
CM Bram wrote: […] So, who in your opinion made the best impression or review? Who was the most creative, or had the best insight? Who deserves to win a NovaTouch TKL? Voting per the Poll right here!! […]
sphinx wrote: It's quite obvious that wlhm should be the winner. His review was far more detailed then any other. In fact afaik everyone else only gave some general impressions.

:roll:

SL89

19 Jan 2016, 19:00

So why'd you game the system if you knew who should have won?

sphinx
Major Bummer

19 Jan 2016, 19:02

SL89 wrote: So why'd you game the system if you knew who should have won?
for the luls

besides, no one said anywhere that the results of the poll would determine the winner.

CM Bram asked the general opinion but said before that he and the Deskthority admins would decide who won.

Return to “Try before you buy”