Trouble logging in to the Wiki

LSmithDatahand

15 Feb 2016, 17:38

Hello all, I'm a new member, so not sure if this is the right forum to post to, but I was looking to contribute some articles and additional photos/technical discussions about Datahand keyboards...

However, I cannot seem to log in to the wiki. Am unable to with my Deskthority log in, and there seems no place to create a log in there. Have I missed a step? Should I be able to log in with my Deskthority login credentials?

Any help appreciated.

-Larry Smith
Datahand user/collector

Muirium
µ

15 Feb 2016, 17:40

The Wiki uses the same login as your DT forum account. BUT! The wiki has stupid extra limitations about username formats. That underscore could be throwing you off.

I'm an admin here and can change your username for you if you like.

We certainly want more DataHand knowledge!

webwit
Wild Duck

15 Feb 2016, 17:43

Yeah it's the underscore, LSmithDatahand would be no problem.

LSmithDatahand

15 Feb 2016, 17:59

Thank you much for the quick response! I think a user name change will be fine for me. If you can make that happen, I'll stand by till it's enacted.

Thanks again!

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

15 Feb 2016, 18:05

Welcome to DT LSmith. I look foreward to your wiki entries.

Muirium
µ

15 Feb 2016, 18:06

He's all yours, Webwit. I've got to hit the post office before closing time…

LSmithDatahand

15 Feb 2016, 18:24

@Webwit: A fellow on the irc, ScottC, said you have an interest in datahand keyboards.

webwit
Wild Duck

15 Feb 2016, 18:26

I do :)

LSmithDatahand

15 Feb 2016, 18:40

Ha! a DataChair-esque setup, and dual linemaster II footswitches! </geekout>

Ty for the name change, I'm on the wiki now, perfect.
Ever since funding sites like Kickstart became a "thing", I've dreamed of relaunching a datahand like keyboard. Someday...

Muirium
µ

15 Feb 2016, 19:33

There's definitely interest out there. Seen how much DataHands go for on eBay?

Fortunately, DT has quite a bit of custom keyboard expertise in the Workshop section. We haven't approached something as advanced as the DataHand yet but split keyboards are already a thing here. Keyswitches are the hard part. Typically people just use Cherry MX with its 4 mm travel. But the DataHand was much more ambitious than that.

Return to “Deskthority wiki talk”