IDENTIFY THE KEYBOARD thread

gogusrl

18 Feb 2016, 15:31

It's here and I have no idea what this is. Some keycaps are doubleshots with pad printed secondary legends, others are pad printed only I guess. The switches have no branding on them. Will take it apart tonight and come back with more pics.

HzFaq

18 Feb 2016, 15:34

Nice, looking forward to your investigation :D.

gogusrl

18 Feb 2016, 21:20

album here, will make a thread with it tomorrow. the 9 key is the only one not doubleshot.

http://imgur.com/a/M3o7B

t8c

21 Feb 2016, 18:20

I have figured out that the main keyboard is Tipro Futuro, but what about the two programmables on the side ? 8-) 8-)

Edit: Maybe it's Tipro Free 32 ? :)

tentator

21 Feb 2016, 22:34

Anybody have any clue about dreamcast keyboards?
I suppose all just rubber domes, right?
they have some really nice layouts tough...: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dreamcast-White ... 1755622360

and btw really nice indigo setup there!!!

guk
1896 Vintage Reds

22 Feb 2016, 04:03

Mitsumi hybrid iirc. Nvm, looks like regular rd.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

22 Feb 2016, 10:42

t8c wrote: [pic]

I have figured out that the main keyboard is Tipro Futuro, but what about the two programmables on the side ? 8-) 8-)

Edit: Maybe it's Tipro Free 32 ? :)
No. They are the old Tipro MID range, the exact model you can see here:
other-devices-f3/i-want-something-i-hav ... ml#p262069
(but of course with different keycaps).

scottc

22 Feb 2016, 10:49

Is that picture of 7bit's setup? Tipro, round 4, SGI Indy case...

Karandach

22 Feb 2016, 15:31

Hello !
Not really a question about keyboard identification but I wonder what font is used on the labels of model m ?

Halvar

22 Feb 2016, 15:35

Whoever counterfeits Model M labels will burn in rubberdome hell for the rest of the UNIX era (i.e. forever).

ReleaseCandidate

22 Feb 2016, 15:45

scottc wrote: Is that picture of 7bit's setup? Tipro, round 4, SGI Indy case...
Yes: group-buys-f50/doubleshot-replacements- ... -4050.html

Am I too dumb or is there no way to link a single post?

Edit: Thanks, mu

post114245.html#p114245
Last edited by ReleaseCandidate on 22 Feb 2016, 15:51, edited 1 time in total.

Muirium
µ

22 Feb 2016, 15:49

Right click the little paper icon next to the post you want.

Karandach

22 Feb 2016, 16:38

Halvar wrote: Whoever counterfeits Model M labels will burn in rubberdome hell for the rest of the UNIX era (i.e. forever).
Not to counterfeits but to preserve my models ;)
I have a model without label and I'd like to stick one with my anniversary date :lol:

tentator

22 Feb 2016, 21:55

any idea what could an original G83 cherry keyboard full of ESC keys be? (I know it's rubberdome but was wondering why they did an exemplar full of esc keys... to test?)

Hak Foo

23 Feb 2016, 06:19

Halvar wrote: Whoever counterfeits Model M labels will burn in rubberdome hell for the rest of the UNIX era (i.e. forever).
I've seen it... I got a board once that was clearly early 1391401 which had a crudely Xeroxed 1390131 label on it.

The guys who made the Blue Alps 1390131s... that's a "I'm not even mad, that's amazing" moment.

Touch_It

23 Feb 2016, 19:57

Self shame. I made a thread for this that someone was nice enough to combine into the mega thread. Thanks! I will try to read better in the future.
Last edited by Touch_It on 23 Feb 2016, 23:06, edited 1 time in total.

derzemel

23 Feb 2016, 21:02

Linear Green Alps or clones?
Just got this FRAEL thing.
The PCB is marked as NTC KB-6251 EA, which, according to the wiki it should have either Blue or White Alps. Also the plate is plastic which is also specified in the wiki for this model.
Either these are Green Alps, or they are VEEEERY very good clones (maybe even better than the original :evilgeek:). I have a Zenith ZKB-7 with SKCL Green and the FRAEL ones are smoother.
There is 1 main thing that made me think that they might be clones - the shape of the leaf inside the switch (see the 3rd image bellow). Also the color of the leaf is gold/copper, the flash on my phone made it look whitish.

Anyway, pictures now:

P.S.: FRAEL is similar in pronunciation with "fraier" which is the Romanian word for "sucker, dumb"
Last edited by derzemel on 23 Feb 2016, 21:12, edited 1 time in total.

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

23 Feb 2016, 21:11

could be the same switches as in my keyboard: photos-f62/ntc-kb-6251-green-linear-hua ... ?hilit=ntc

ohaimark
Kingpin

23 Feb 2016, 21:21

They're definitely clones. No LED slot.

Chyros

23 Feb 2016, 21:25

They're clones. They look to be in excellent condition however, that probably helps ;) .

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

23 Feb 2016, 21:33

ohaimark wrote: They're definitely clones. No LED slot.
That's right Alps SKCL always have the LED recess. Could still be pretty nice though. :)

wiki/Alps_SKCL_Green

derzemel

23 Feb 2016, 21:39

ohaimark wrote: They're definitely clones. No LED slot.
Not all green Alps have the LED slot. The SKCM variant do not have the slot (but those are tactile).
The fact that they were linear and did not have a LED slot was another thing that made me think that they might be clones.
Chyros wrote: They're clones. They look to be in excellent condition however, that probably helps ;) .
Yes, based on the link that hypkx has provided earlier, they are Hua-Jie AK C5/D5 clones.
The board and the switches are in excellent condition. I did not clean it before taking the pictures :P
After playing with the board a bit I really like these clones and i stand by my opinion that they are are as good as SKCL Green ALPS (or even smoother).

seebart

23 Feb 2016, 21:45

derzemel wrote: Not all green Alps have the LED slot. The SKCM variant do not have the slot (but those are tactile).
That is right but all SKCL have the LED recess. SKC(L) = LED. ;)

I find it more interesting that NTC also used clones with green sliders, whatever they are.

Chyros

23 Feb 2016, 21:47

Well the LED slot and the four tabs and the contact style and what appears to be the colour saturation of the slider and the mould numbering :p .

seebart

23 Feb 2016, 21:50

Chyros wrote: Well the LED slot and the four tabs and the contact style and what appears to be the colour saturation of the slider and the mould numbering :p .
Yes but the saturation of the slider less so, I've seen color variations of sliders in real Alps like blue Alps sliders that looked almost purple. The contact and the makrings on the housing are usually the giveaway.

derzemel

23 Feb 2016, 22:06

well, this was very educational for me :D

mars

25 Feb 2016, 10:43

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (90.52 KiB) Viewed 6188 times
Guys I found this HP keyboard attached to an old terminal in a datacenter.

It felt really great, maybe even more so than my hhkb, I don't know if it has some kind of tactile switches or rubberdome.
There was no hint on the back.

Can anyone identify it?
Thanks

Muirium
µ

25 Feb 2016, 11:11

Pull a cap…

Chyros

25 Feb 2016, 14:08

Key Tronic rubber; rattley and rubbery...

mars

25 Feb 2016, 15:06

I couldn't pull a cap as I was by a client and in a hurry.

An helpful anon on the most famous imageboard in the west found it though:
HP C3340-60201

Return to “Keyboards”