Great/Interesting Finds

kbdfr
The Tiproman

29 Feb 2016, 16:43

Seller pasted and copied part of the DT wiki including internal links, but without caring of mentioning DT.
Shame on him.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

29 Feb 2016, 16:44

Wodan wrote: HAL DKB-2010 RTTY/CW Tastatur, 120 € VB
https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anz ... ium=social
Unintentionally slammed the page turn in Wodan’s face just after his post quoted above :lol:

ohaimark
Kingpin

29 Feb 2016, 18:17

Scarpia

29 Feb 2016, 18:59

Oh wow, I would have jumped on that one if it had been in Europe. A whopping $172 in shipping costs alone!

ohaimark
Kingpin

29 Feb 2016, 19:04

That's ridiculous gouging. It could be as low as $80 shipping costs, I think, if a different service were used.

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

29 Feb 2016, 19:24

I sold a Bigfoot to someone in Europe not too long ago. It cost me about $25 to ship it, plus the customs/VAT fees which were probably around $40-50 for them. No way should it be that high.

tigpha

29 Feb 2016, 19:34

Blaise170 wrote: I sold a Bigfoot to someone in Europe not too long ago. It cost me about $25 to ship it, plus the customs/VAT fees which were probably around $40-50 for them. No way should it be that high.
I concur. The customs charges were nil, as it was below a threshold, and the eBay Shipping Program probably exploits a "gift" loophole in the rules :-). The final cost to me was roughly £50, I think.

Thanks Blaise170, I am still impressed at the pristine condition of that Bigfoot. The best in my collection.

ohaimark
Kingpin

29 Feb 2016, 19:39

So the eBay Int'l shipping service is worth using?

Wodan
ISO Advocate

29 Feb 2016, 19:55

Isn't this the same thing ?
https://www.ebay.de/ulk/itm/161992840262
Just got one for 40€+shipping

ohaimark
Kingpin

29 Feb 2016, 19:58

Yep. Same thing! I don't spend much time on European eBay, though.

elRetto

29 Feb 2016, 20:25

Wodan wrote: Isn't this the same thing ?
awesome. thanks for posting :D

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

29 Feb 2016, 20:48

elRetto wrote:
Wodan wrote: Isn't this the same thing ?
awesome. thanks for posting :D
2 for me

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

29 Feb 2016, 20:49

tigpha wrote:
Blaise170 wrote: I sold a Bigfoot to someone in Europe not too long ago. It cost me about $25 to ship it, plus the customs/VAT fees which were probably around $40-50 for them. No way should it be that high.
I concur. The customs charges were nil, as it was below a threshold, and the eBay Shipping Program probably exploits a "gift" loophole in the rules :-). The final cost to me was roughly £50, I think.

Thanks Blaise170, I am still impressed at the pristine condition of that Bigfoot. The best in my collection.
Honestly I don't even remember where I got it. At least someone can get better use from it than me though, I can't use that layout unfortunately. I'm too used to modern ANSI. :lol:

tigpha

29 Feb 2016, 20:49

Goodness me! "3 sold in one hour." The price is good, but "May not post to United Kingdom". Oh well.

zuglufttier

29 Feb 2016, 20:56

kbdfr wrote:
zuglufttier wrote: […] Yes, I am! That stuff really needs to go. A bit cleaning up before I can aquire new stuff...
Poor SAD board deserves its designation, missing a keycap :cry:
Interested in a "/" cap from another SAD? Perhaps it could help getting a better price :lol:
It's easy: join the DT club and get it for shipping costs :mrgreen:
Already thought about joining, I like this forum ;) But thanks, no keycap for the SAD! Already got some messages regarding it on eBay from only one person (in chronological order):
Hello, less a keyboard key caps?The outer packing whether there is any?
Hello, what is the keyboard weight?
Hello, this keyboard lack key cap, can cancel the deal?
Another good one:
I'm interested in the keyboard G81-3000SAD.

question.

product is working?

keyboard Disassemble or modify Is there a trail?

and it's keycaps state wonder. tanning and hurt?

keycaps what condition? this is mint condition?

I want to buy immediately. Can I immediately purchase?

How much is it?

answer reply please. thanks.!
I'm not mentally prepared for the things that might happen if the board was complete.

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

29 Feb 2016, 21:19

Turns out my hunch about that Avid KB654 I posted last week was correct! Complete with Takebar and all! This is the first Cherry board I've actually been excited about since getting a Ducky Shine 3 a couple years ago. :lol:

tentator

29 Feb 2016, 21:31

what is that "take"-bar about?? and love the color of the leds!!

shreebles
Finally 60%

29 Feb 2016, 21:41

Like a movie cutter's keyboard?

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

29 Feb 2016, 22:01

The LEDs are unfortunately not as light as they appear, they are more of a true blue than a cyan. Also, yes, Avid Technology is a professional media editing company and along with their software they also sell hardware specially designed for their equipment like this one. I've now got two Avid boards - this one and the Mechanical User Interface that I added to the wiki. The older one has Cherry M8 while this one has MX Browns. Almost all of those editing keyboards with the super colorful keys are Avid keyboards, Macally is the only other brand I can think of that sells the hyper-colorful editing keyboards.

Muirium
µ

29 Feb 2016, 22:06

Avid boards come up quite often on eBay, and also DT:

search.php?keywords=Avid

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

29 Feb 2016, 22:09

Yeah Avid also had their own Apple keyboards back then too. I still haven't seen one in person though, so I'm unsure of whether they are pad-print or not though. I know the Alps-mount video editing set I ripped off a Macally slider-over-dome board is all pad-print... One of the many reasons I started the pad-print removal project, I'd like to just go ahead and remove the legends since they are wearing off already anyways.

Muirium
µ

29 Feb 2016, 22:16

Avid capped AEKs are pretty unimpressive. I think they're pad printed ABS. But I only know them from a tour. Better to trust one of the many owners out there.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

29 Feb 2016, 22:39

Whoaa that logo! Not a very common style!

Still can't get my bigfoot to work :(

Chyros

29 Feb 2016, 23:24

Wow, I think you'll have to redesign your house's interior to match that badge now xD . Nice find! :)

Halvar

29 Feb 2016, 23:41

Alcatel/Cherry attendant console keyboard in Germany:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Alcatel-Lucent-V ... 6016.l4276

Pink arabic 35% keyboard (yes yes):

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Pink-Arabische-T ... 1071131125

jerue

01 Mar 2016, 00:00

thanks for sharing, I sent this to a fellow GH'er looking for the caps. :)

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

01 Mar 2016, 00:06

Halvar wrote: Alcatel/Cherry attendant console keyboard in Germany:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Alcatel-Lucent-V ... 6016.l4276
Really nice thing, I thought about buying it for the keycaps, but I think currently I have enough stuff on the way to me :)
These special audio control keycaps would be really cool to use on a programmable keyboard.

alh84001
v.001

01 Mar 2016, 00:10

Scarpia wrote: Oh wow, I would have jumped on that one if it had been in Europe. A whopping $172 in shipping costs alone!
You have it easy. I got a quote for shipping of $256.34.

ohaimark
Kingpin

01 Mar 2016, 00:13

In-country shipping is relatively cheap, thank god. I have 160 lbs. of keyboards on the way for $185.

shreebles
Finally 60%

01 Mar 2016, 00:39

jerue wrote:
thanks for sharing, I sent this to a fellow GH'er looking for the caps. :)
Well there you go, I remember everyone whining about the price of SAU keycaps but 90$ is not really so bad then, is it? Especially for those with a Leeku 8-)

Return to “Other external”