Round 5 and Round 6 kits for sale!

Thumper
knock knock

07 Mar 2016, 02:07

Am I missing something or isn't there a Row 2 'Z' key in all rounds?

zslane

07 Mar 2016, 05:45

Um, is that a trick question? A row 2 'Z' key is a row 4 'Z' key flipped around.

Thumper
knock knock

07 Mar 2016, 08:37

zslane wrote:Um, is that a trick question? A row 2 'Z' key is a row 4 'Z' key flipped around.
It wasn't. I'm not familiar with the profile of sa keys. Thank you for the answer:)

Wodan
ISO Advocate

07 Mar 2016, 09:57

zslane wrote: Um, is that a trick question? A row 2 'Z' key is a row 4 'Z' key flipped around.
Seems this is really not very well known. I only learned about that when I asked the same question a few paychecks earlier.
Even large SA-profile group buys on Massdrop include a R2 "Z" key in the NORDE kit:
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/pulse-sa-k ... guest_open
That gives you the impression the key is required for a QWERTZ-layout ...

s0b

07 Mar 2016, 10:56

I sent a PM to 7bot on 10th of Feb but looks like it is ignoring me. Did I sent it wrong?

Code: Select all

HONEY/SPACE625
HONEY/SPACE625/GREY
HONEY/SPACE625/RED
HONEY/SPACE625/BLACK
my@mail.address
ADDRESS
My house address
My district
My postcode 
London
UK

Wodan
ISO Advocate

07 Mar 2016, 11:15

s0b wrote: I sent a PM to 7bot on 10th of Feb but looks like it is ignoring me. Did I sent it wrong?

Code: Select all

HONEY/SPACE625
HONEY/SPACE625/GREY
HONEY/SPACE625/RED
HONEY/SPACE625/BLACK
my@mail.address
ADDRESS
My house address
My district
My postcode 
London
UK
If that's what you ordered, your order is most likely empty. Where did you get those codes ? These items have been sold out for a while now. Try ordering them from Round6 (wiki/R6_leftovers#Space_625)

But better act fast, here's what's left last time I got an update:
HONEYB/SPACE625/WHITE | 4| 5|USD| 1|Space (6.25u; white)
HONEYB/SPACE625/GREY | 12| 5|USD| 1|Space (6.25u; grey)
HONEYB/SPACE625/RED | 11| 6|USD| 1|Space (6.25u; red)
HONEYB/SPACE625/BLACK | 15| 6|USD| 1|Space (6.25u; black)
HONEYB/SPACE625/SPH | 41| 5|USD| 1|Space (6.25u; grey)
HONEYB/SPACE625/BLUE | 16| 5|USD| 1|Space (6.25u; blue)
HONEYB/SPACE625/VIOLETT | 20| 7|USD| 1|Space (6.25u; violett)
HONEYB/SPACE625/CREAM | 9| 7|USD| 1|Space (6.25u; cream)

Also, 7b[io]t is currently on vacation.

s0b

07 Mar 2016, 11:18

There is no difference between the spacebars of R5 and R6? Is not going to look any different the R6 spacebar in a R5 set?

I got the codes in the R5 wiki page

Wodan
ISO Advocate

07 Mar 2016, 11:21

No there is no difference between HONEY and HONEYB as long as you pick the same color name. The biggest trap could be Grey&SPH which look similair at first glance but are actually different in detail.

colibius
Fiddling while Rome burns

07 Mar 2016, 17:26

s0b wrote: I got the codes in the R5 wiki page
Make sure you are looking at the leftover pages:

http://deskthority.net/wiki/R5_leftovers
http://deskthority.net/wiki/R6_leftovers

Thumper
knock knock

07 Mar 2016, 23:29

Wodan wrote:No there is no difference between HONEY and HONEYB as long as you pick the same color name. The biggest trap could be Grey&SPH which look similair at first glance but are actually different in detail.
Thanks for the heads up.

c2lknt

07 Mar 2016, 23:43

Wodan wrote: Also, 7b[io]t is currently on vacation.
7bit is on vacation. 7bot was explicitly left behind. (Bad behavior, I expect.). You can still place orders and pay for them and get cordial, if robotic, responses.

McPwned

08 Mar 2016, 01:05

c2lknt wrote:
Wodan wrote: Also, 7b[io]t is currently on vacation.
7bit is on vacation. 7bot was explicitly left behind. (Bad behavior, I expect.). You can still place orders and pay for them and get cordial, if robotic, responses.
I suspect that 7bot will slack off in its master's absence.

mashby

08 Mar 2016, 02:06

The following NEW payments have been received for this group buy: robotindian, dgdosen x2, jrwil, colitis, haoooo, banjomascot, BALTHAZ4R, ajp403, elsoupo, Radlife, Chextar, sethbc, c2lknt, jou, Gray Jian, ipreferpie, pyre link, cods, hkf, Red_M

Has It Shipped?
If your payment came via PayPal, your invoice has been marked as shipped to keep them from locking up the PayPal account. Keep checking this thread for the actual ship date(s).

Additionally, note that the address on your Paypal notifications/notes are not necessarily the addresses 7bit will ship your order to, he ships to the address on your invoice.

Questions?
Either ask in this thread, or PM 7bit.

Thumper
knock knock

08 Mar 2016, 10:29

I just ordered some R6 left overs. When the payment arrived, how long does it take usually until it gets shipped?

MrWildBunnycat

08 Mar 2016, 11:30

Probably when it gets produced :)

Thumper
knock knock

08 Mar 2016, 12:19

MrWildBunnycat wrote:Probably when it gets produced :)
Seems legit.

caligo

08 Mar 2016, 15:20

Thumper wrote:
MrWildBunnycat wrote:Probably when it gets produced :)
Seems legit.
The word a couple of pages back was that SP might be done with it by the end of march, but as usual one has to take their estimates of production times with a truckload of salt. But if it's done sometime this spring, and adding a few months for shipping and sorting, you might have your keycaps sometime late summer/early autumn. Then again, judging by how Round 5 played out sometime by christmas is probably a safer estimate. "Christmas" as in "this christmas"? Maybe, if we're lucky.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

08 Mar 2016, 19:18

Are we going to have a DT community weekend in Berlin, all sorting keycaps for two days ?
I'm in !!!

lootbag

09 Mar 2016, 14:45

Just thought I would ask here, anyone have a two spare 2.25u Row 3/4 keys and a 7u spacebar?
Prefer black blank, but other colors are ok as well.

zslane

09 Mar 2016, 21:44

Does anyone have a spare RED 2u ENTER numpad key they'd be willing to part with?

Wodan
ISO Advocate

11 Mar 2016, 08:31

http://pimpmykeyboard.com/key-status/

IN PRODUCTION

Hyyyypetrain !

Madhias
BS TORPE

11 Mar 2016, 09:31

Why does GMK have not something like that? That's great!

caligo

11 Mar 2016, 10:24

Phase 1 is in production. But completion of phase 2 is tentatively estimated to be by the end of June. I'm not sure what's covered by phase 1 and what isn't, but I'm not counting on seeing any R6 key caps until at least the end of summer.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

11 Mar 2016, 10:31

Phase 1 includes quite a number of "colors" and I will bug 7bit to sent out my Phase1 caps before Phase2 ...

Scroll back a little to find out which colors are in which phase.

And ... well buy more leftover keycaps to help put Phase2 on the schedule. Seems like there's still funds lacking to commit Phase2

caligo

11 Mar 2016, 14:30

Wodan wrote: Phase 1 includes quite a number of "colors" and I will bug 7bit to sent out my Phase1 caps before Phase2 ...

Scroll back a little to find out which colors are in which phase.

And ... well buy more leftover keycaps to help put Phase2 on the schedule. Seems like there's still funds lacking to commit Phase2
Oh, right, I thought I remebered reading a post about that a while back. Although it's not super clear what's covered and what isn't, seeing as some colors (e.g. the cream, WV) aren't mentioned.
7bit wrote: These colors should be produced in March (had been originally scheduled for January, then for February :roll: )
GD, BFP, RDE
:cool:

The other colors come later (WFK, GPA, RAS, NN) because there is a bit of money missing.
:o

To speed things up, please order more of the leftovers!!!
:-)
In other words, phase 1 will consist of… SPH grey, violet, and blue? Damn, knew I should have ordered the Space Cadet stuff instead of more black and white caps. :cry: Then again, that kit is still available in the leftovers – but then I'd have to come up with a use for the black ANSI set I've already ordered. I have a feeling this is going to end up with me getting even more boards to put the extra keys on.

lolpes

11 Mar 2016, 19:16

I ordered a tkl cadet set together with some other kits, but the tkl set is not showing on the invoice :/ also how to I choose to use PayPal instead of SEPA?

zslane

11 Mar 2016, 19:20

Yes, that is how you do it. First you buy all the keys you like, then you worry about finding boards to put them on. After all, boards are just vessels for beautiful SA (and DSA) keycaps.

I agree, we need to hound 7bit to make a PHASE1 kit that pays to ship phase 1 caps separately from phase 2 caps.

caligo

11 Mar 2016, 19:41

lolpes wrote: I ordered a tkl cadet set together with some other kits, but the tkl set is not showing on the invoice :/ also how to I choose to use PayPal instead of SEPA?
If you want to use PayPal, I think you can just send a PM containing the words "PAYPAL" to 7bot. As for the missing set, I guess you'll haveto wait until 7bit is back from his vacation.

lolpes

12 Mar 2016, 00:15

Ok, managed to change to PayPal, but still no work on the space cadet kit, could it be all gone and 7bit not updating it?

dgdosen

12 Mar 2016, 21:14

7bit wrote: The other colors come later (WFK, GPA, RAS, NN) because there is a bit of money missing.
:o

To speed things up, please order more of the leftovers!!!
:-)
Here's a question - what do you mean by money missing? Aren't all of these group buys pre-paid?

Return to “Group buys”