GMK Icon Mod Pack (incl. ISO & HHKB) Round 1 - White on Black

Azhdar

07 Mar 2016, 01:27

So....what is this?

GMK Icon Mods. This time in White on Black color scheme. ISO and HHKB keys included. Spacebars too!

And also a mystery key from GMK, at no additional charge.

Renders below:

Why icon mods?

Sexy. nuff said

So how do I use this?

You can replace the mods for your existing (Cherry profile recommended) White on Black keysets or you can mix and match with anything else that you have :p

How much is this going to cost me?

$50 per pack + $10 shipping (w/ tracking to anywhere in the world, even Mars Vegas) + PayPal fees

Note: Shipping might vary depending on how many packs you're getting.

Neat! How can I place my order?

Fill in your pretty details in the link below:

HERE

So what's the game plan now?
  • * Get total orders at least for 150 packs
    * Once the MOQ of 150 packs is reached, will close orders in about 2 week's time
    * Pay GMK and get the production done
    * Post updates here

Order status now

0/150 (MOQ)

Azhdar

07 Mar 2016, 01:29

I simply copy paster the GH GB that is going on right now on GH : https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=80267.0

I'm not the runner of this.

I think some of you would be interested in this with your Wob keysets.

Round 2 should be beige.

rddm

07 Mar 2016, 02:26

Maybe a EU proxy should be better, I joined anyway.

Halvar

07 Mar 2016, 10:41

I have to check out that guy zennasyndroxx's posts a bit more before deciding. I fell for a young college kid GB organizer who was in over his head once. Seems this one's in Malaysia and has already done one or two small GBs before, which doesn't sound too bad so far. Has someone here dealt with him before?

zennasyndroxx

07 Mar 2016, 11:34

Hi there,

The reason I didn't want to post Deskthority is because I'm not active here in discussions and I don't think it's right for me to just open up a GB here. However, you still can join this GB and fill in the details and I'll contact you via DT PM or email.

You can check my WTS post at GH here (my sold list at the bottom of the first post): https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=61573.msg1430245

I've dealt with a few people in reddit too.

I'm currently running a Polycarbonate switch film in which I'm waiting for the actual product (I've paid for the films first for fast production) in GH.

If we didn't manage to reach MOQ and there's like 10-20 sets till MOQ, I'll fill in and try to reach 150 sets.

I've also started the GB in China and it's looking good so far.

EDIT: If and only if you got any questions to the pricing and stuff, kindly read up this post reply in the GH GB section

*Mods, sorry if I'm linking to another forum. If that's not allowed, please let me know and I'll edit accordingly*

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=80 ... msg2087478

Muirium
µ

07 Mar 2016, 11:58

We're pretty liberal here, so your link is not a problem at all.

DT users can judge your GB for themselves.

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

07 Mar 2016, 12:06

Had enough of GB's even these are something interesting my wallet refuses to open anymore. I'd rather buy stuff from a store.

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

07 Mar 2016, 12:09

Excuse my language, but FUCKING FINALLY! this mod pack is long overdue and should have been the colorway of the very first GMK group buy, since there is so many incomplete WoB sets out there.

Halvar

07 Mar 2016, 12:42

^true, although the purple mods have grown on me.

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

07 Mar 2016, 12:50

Purple mods are the best ever :)

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

07 Mar 2016, 13:15

Purple mods are fine, but they shouldn't have been the first colorway that was run.
At that time a lot of WoB sets from 1800 boards (IIRC) was also harvested, to make people participate in the GMK group buys since the MOQ was so damn high. It would only have made sense to have run it in WoB.

Fun fact, a lot of potential Asian gb particpants skipped, because purple was too gay.

HzFaq

07 Mar 2016, 13:28

Broadmonkey wrote: Excuse my language, but FUCKING FINALLY! this mod pack is long overdue and should have been the colorway of the very first GMK group buy, since there is so many incomplete WoB sets out there.
This, it took me far too much time/money to get this together (excuse the dirt and dust, it's a work board).
Spoiler:
I'm in for a set for sure.

t!ng
Awake Sheep

07 Mar 2016, 13:52

Where do you work? Building site? (no offense)

HzFaq

07 Mar 2016, 14:07

Building sites probably get cleaned more often than my office to be fair :D.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

07 Mar 2016, 18:06

Is that a moogle kit ? :)

Why isn't it beige ?

CAN I HAZ IT NOW ?!?!?!

EDIT:
And for an ICON mod pack ... I see an awful lot of text on those caps :)
... and that's good. Very well put together. Missing a little "cherry" on top though ... 1u mods would be epic.

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

07 Mar 2016, 18:28

A lot of text? Cherry didn't make icon ctrl and alt keys... at least not what I know of.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

07 Mar 2016, 18:36

Broadmonkey wrote: A lot of text? Cherry didn't make icon ctrl and alt keys... at least not what I know of.
I'm happy with the texts. I just don't see any more icons on the mods than usual. Just different icons than usual for a couple of caps.

Anyway ... Put "moogle kit" into the name to attract some more attention.

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

07 Mar 2016, 18:41

It's "ICON" because there is no text on enter, shift, caps lock, tab and backspace.
Basically it's how the mods normally look on most ISO/Non-US Cherry key sets look.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

07 Mar 2016, 19:28

Broadmonkey wrote: It's "ICON" because there is no text on enter, shift, caps lock, tab and backspace.
Basically it's how the mods normally look on most ISO/Non-US Cherry key sets look.
Lol thanks, that's what I've been saying ...
There aren't any more icons than on OG cherry caps - why create a confusion calling them ICON Mod Pack.

Halvar

07 Mar 2016, 19:41

I don't find this confusing -- that's what a set that has no text but only icons on modifiers is usually called in the ANSI-dominted greater community.

The set tries to be a lot of things at the same time, depending on where you come from with you existing set: a Moogle kit, a tsangan kit, an HHKB modifier kit, an ISO kit, an ANSI kit, and an icon kit. I don't need all of that, and no one does, but that's how it works with GMK MOQs, you help others to get what they want to get what you want. It's a well designed set IMO.

zennasyndroxx

11 Mar 2016, 11:02

Halvar wrote: I don't find this confusing -- that's what a set that has no text but only icons on modifiers is usually called in the ANSI-dominted greater community.

The set tries to be a lot of things at the same time, depending on where you come from with you existing set: a Moogle kit, a tsangan kit, an HHKB modifier kit, an ISO kit, an ANSI kit, and an icon kit. I don't need all of that, and no one does, but that's how it works with GMK MOQs, you help others to get what they want to get what you want. It's a well designed set IMO.
Thank you for your kind words :)

Just an update for this groupbuy, there's 53 orders now. hope we'll reach the MOQ soon.

kekstee

12 Mar 2016, 12:21

I will join the beige round for sure. But I've given up on WoB too long ago to match it with something now.

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

23 Mar 2016, 08:32

I am just gonna post this as a kind of bump, and because I really want this to happen.

This set might not look flashy or as exciting as some other, but Cherry White-on-Black is hands down one of the most elegant keyset there is. It's like a good suit and tie for your board 8-)

Daniel

23 Mar 2016, 12:02

Yes this set was long overdue. Ordered one as well :)

ideus

23 Mar 2016, 20:05

Broadmonkey wrote: I am just gonna post this as a kind of bump, and because I really want this to happen.

This set might not look flashy or as exciting as some other, but Cherry White-on-Black is hands down one of the most elegant keyset there is. It's like a good suit and tie for your board 8-)

Well said.

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

31 May 2016, 11:32

Just popping in to say invoices has been sent out and that, AFAIK, you have until the 9th of June to pay. I guess this also means that you can place your order until then, if you haven't already.

ISO keys has also been added, and the price is now $55.

ideus

31 May 2016, 15:43

I think is time to update the OP with the ISO keys added and the final price.

zennasyndroxx

03 Aug 2016, 13:04

Seeing that there's no updates here, i'll just post some quick ones here:

1 - Payment made and this set is currently in production now. GMK will ship them to me tentatively around 19th - 22nd August

2 - There will be extras for sale, in which will be in an online store that I'm going to set up.

besides that, this set includes 2 spacebars (6.25 and 7) + gmk cherry logo cap + gmk logo cap

derzemel

03 Aug 2016, 13:09

thank yo very much for the update! :D

Wodan
ISO Advocate

03 Aug 2016, 13:11

Sweet looking forward to this.

Return to “Group buys”