The g303 thread

Okeg

10 Mar 2016, 01:43

Title says it all ;)

Just got my g303 today. After being a long time WMO user I must say that this is my new favorite mouse. Was using the good ol' mx518 for a while now since my last WMO broke, and shipping rates to norway have been rather bad lately. The mx518 made my hands hurt after long quake2 sessions. This has so far not happened with the g303.
Only thing I don't like so far is the mouse skatez, they seem a tad bit slow(?) on my QcK+ heavy.

IMO best clawgrip mouses: g303>WMO>g9x>g1>abyssus(i have not tried the new abyssus though)

tl;dr: ur LG is nothink on the lan.

CeeSA

10 Mar 2016, 09:39

If you could handle the shape and the lens doesn't rattle it's good.
Although people complains also about the cable. I think most people that buy cables from me are G303 owners.

Here are a pics from my G302 mod:
g302 side panels missing.jpeg
g302 side panels missing.jpeg (289.28 KiB) Viewed 5119 times
g302 side panels taped.jpeg
g302 side panels taped.jpeg (477.18 KiB) Viewed 5119 times
g302 side panels taped right side.jpeg
g302 side panels taped right side.jpeg (520.14 KiB) Viewed 5119 times

Okeg

10 Mar 2016, 11:11

What would your cables have to offer compared to the original?

Update on the mousepad thing: ordered a artisan mousepad today, will see how that one works once it arrives.

scottc

10 Mar 2016, 11:13

Not quite the same, but I'm using a G300s these days. So so small. :( I don't like it much at all!

Okeg

10 Mar 2016, 11:29

scottc wrote: Not quite the same, but I'm using a G300s these days. So so small. :( I don't like it much at all!
you can have my mx518 if you want?

scottc

10 Mar 2016, 11:36

Really!? That would be great. Please PM me with details!

CeeSA

10 Mar 2016, 11:58

Okeg wrote: What would your cables have to offer compared to the original?
It is very flexible and very light.
Little video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu5cOsWbKGY

davkol

10 Mar 2016, 20:59

The braiding looks like from a shoelace. That's not a bad idea, actually!

Elrick

15 Mar 2016, 02:41

CeeSA wrote:
Okeg wrote: What would your cables have to offer compared to the original?
It is very flexible and very light.
Little video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu5cOsWbKGY

Totally agree, bought one off him ages ago and my ancient G9x flies around the mouse pad like a winged demon. CeeSA makes the most pliable mouse cables, in the known world.

belowgeek

27 Feb 2017, 18:21

I just want to ask about the ergonomics. It looks to me that this mouse is shaped oddly, but does it really provide comfort when playing somewhat competitively? I've seen many people recommend this mouse because of its sensor, but I haven't seen much reviews about its ergonomics.

need

28 Feb 2017, 00:12

belowgeek wrote: I just want to ask about the ergonomics. It looks to me that this mouse is shaped oddly, but does it really provide comfort when playing somewhat competitively? I've seen many people recommend this mouse because of its sensor, but I haven't seen much reviews about its ergonomics.
It is the only perfect mouse for my small hands, and I've tried many different styles in the past. Most palm grip mouses out there are designed to support the whole hand, and it makes them so bulky that hinders any quick movements. For precise work I prefer adding some finger movements to the arm movement.

The lower end of G303 may look so slim and sharp (contrary to majority of mouses that have rounded bottoms), but that's is actually sufficient to support the weight of my palm comfortably. Try closing in with the face of your palm (Just like you would while holding a mouse), and it actually resembles a V shape. Rounded bottoms do not make much sense to me, and they always give me cramps.

Many ergonomic looking mouses have strict hand/finger positions that you'll have to follow, but G303's slender and ambidextrous shape let's me to alternate between different positions constantly to let some parts of my hand to take a rest, very easily. The extended finger portions in so many logitech's mice also works well, as no matter how I position my hands my finger tips will never reach the top edges of the mouse buttons.
hand.jpg
hand.jpg (37.12 KiB) Viewed 4322 times

Return to “Mice & other input devices”