Sovina
No votes
Other (explain your choice)
8%

Total votes: 13

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

15 Apr 2016, 18:36

I'm going to Porto the whole first week of may, is there anyone around? :)
Last edited by ramnes on 18 Apr 2016, 15:38, edited 4 times in total.

rddm

15 Apr 2016, 18:44

@ramnes only me. Anyway I'm the only cool guy in here ahah

JotaCe

15 Apr 2016, 18:47

That week I'm away at work in China :(

lolpes

15 Apr 2016, 18:51

I am in ireland until June :(

Spikebolt
√(4) != -2

15 Apr 2016, 19:00

Poor JotaCe :( Maybe amazon japan can ship to china and you can net some nice deals?

Prelim

15 Apr 2016, 19:17

aren't @malaik0 and @Zaphir also from Porto?

Zaphir

15 Apr 2016, 20:08

Prelim wrote: aren't @malaik0 and @Zaphir also from Porto?
Nope, I'm from Santarém / Zona Centro (it's in the center of Portugal more or less).
Maybe you can meet with @rddm, @ramnes.

Maybe he can show you a nice place to chitchat and have a drink. Make sure you try out the food aswell.
I've never had the chance to try the typical gastronomy but I've heard wonders about Francesinha and Tripas à Moda do Porto. 8-)

The food is superb in our country (that unbias opinion, ah!). :lol:

rddm

15 Apr 2016, 22:32

In porto food is suberb, lisbon food is nheee..
Malaik0 is from Porto too, but it's very busy atm. But I can pay you the best beer in all world, superbock ahahah.

sphinx
Major Bummer

16 Apr 2016, 18:14

rddm wrote: In porto food is suberb, lisbon food is nheee..
Malaik0 is from Porto too, but it's very busy atm. But I can pay you the best beer in all world, superbock ahahah.
You know nothing John Snow!

Also, Sagres > Super Bock

rddm

16 Apr 2016, 18:55

The best beer from Central Cerveja is Heineken then Cergal ahahha.
Sagres needs your own competition to won titles.

Zaphir

17 Apr 2016, 17:00

Eu por acaso também gosto mais de Sagres que de Superbock.
O outro gajo nunca mais voltou a escrever por isso declaro esta thread tuga. :)

Spikebolt
√(4) != -2

17 Apr 2016, 18:26

Super bock > Sagres for sure

JotaCe

17 Apr 2016, 21:35

Spikebolt wrote: Poor JotaCe :( Maybe amazon japan can ship to china and you can net some nice deals?
Opá, é chato mandar entregar no hotel sem saber ao certo se conseguem entregar a tempo ou nãoe não quero estar a mandar para o cliente (fábrica).
Tenho que ver se numa das próximas viagens meto férias e dou um salto ao Japão :D

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

18 Apr 2016, 15:37

Looks like there is a disagreement on Portugese beers, so I've added a poll to know which beer I should drink first. :mrgreen:

lolpes

18 Apr 2016, 15:42

ramnes wrote: Looks like there is a disagreement on Portugese beers, so I've added a poll to know which beer I should drink first. :mrgreen:
Try Sagres first, then the others, then return to Sagres once you see it is the better one :D

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

18 Apr 2016, 15:48

Note: my favorite beers are red ales. :D

Spikebolt
√(4) != -2

18 Apr 2016, 15:49

I'm gonna be a dick and vote for Cristal/Tagus :lol:

Seriously though, don't drink those.

rddm

@ramnes if you are a real man just take the superbock. For north people, sagres is like milk.

sphinx
Major Bummer

rddm wrote: @ramnes if you are a real man just take the superbock. For north people, sagres is like milk.
super bock is like warm piss :D

rddm

18 Apr 2016, 15:54

I don't like to say that people drink piss, so I said milk instead. Is a proper expression used by us when we can't be a douchebags.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

18 Apr 2016, 15:55

Which beer should I drink first?
hell.jpg
hell.jpg (90.08 KiB) Viewed 5656 times
bottle-6-straightened-16-mar.jpg
bottle-6-straightened-16-mar.jpg (101.49 KiB) Viewed 5656 times

rddm

18 Apr 2016, 15:59

I don't know why Germany people always get drunk in Portugal with a few beers. I think in your country you call beer instead of water ehehhehe

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

18 Apr 2016, 16:02

rddm wrote: I don't know why Germany people always get drunk in Portugal with a few beers. I think in your country you call beer instead of water ehehhehe
We need to have a beer together in Germany then. :evilgeek:

lolpes

18 Apr 2016, 16:06

rddm wrote: I don't know why Germany people always get drunk in Portugal with a few beers. I think in your country you call beer instead of water ehehhehe
It's way funnier to see them drink Port wine, or any foreign person drink Port wine for that matter! :twisted: Please Ramnes do try it, and don't forget to drink it like a normal wine :evilgeek:

Spikebolt
√(4) != -2

18 Apr 2016, 16:10

Don't get ramnes in trouble guys.

rddm

18 Apr 2016, 16:13

@Spikebolt only bagaço give him troubles ahahha

Spikebolt
√(4) != -2

18 Apr 2016, 16:14

Aliança Velha hehehehe

Prelim

18 Apr 2016, 17:18

I'm not a regular beer guy, but from my experience I do prefer black beer types. I strongly recommend you to try both "Sagres Preta" and "Sagres Bohemia". On normal beers (portuguese fellows call them "blondes") Super Bock is still better than Sagres. Don't waste your time trying other brands as it's useless.
If you also want to try artisanal beers, then you should go to Lisbon "Cervejeira Lusitana" restaurant and ask for a good steak together with a Dunkel beer ;)

Aside from beers and getting into my type of things, PLEASE DO TRY some vintage Porto wine (don't be a miser and forget about wasting 5-10€ to try a good old Porto :P ) and also some "Moscatel de Setúbal" wine (very cheap but also that good). Bear in mind that these are not meant to drink as normal wines, as they are aperitif/digestive wines stronger than meal wines (normal dosage in coffee/bars is usually less than 20cl).

Zaphir

18 Apr 2016, 18:33

Like these fine folks have said... there's only two good beer brands on that poll (I wasn't expecting that poll btw lol :D, nice one). The 1st one is Sagres (the best!) and the close 2nd place goes to Superbock. :)

I'm not a huge fan of wine but I do know that there are some pretty good wines in Portugal aswell, but I'll leave that matter for these guys (they probably know better than me lol).

@Prelim you wasted an opportunity for a well placed pun at that last sentence, try to figure out where it could be. :P

Oh and... friendly reminder. Keep the beers and the wines away from those mechs. :lol:

Prelim

18 Apr 2016, 18:44

@zaphir I have no clue of what you're referring to :/

I can also recommend a couple of really good wines, but those are to be bought on store and then take home for a good meal. The kind of bottles than you can buy for 20€ or so, but that you'll be end up paying 50€ if you ask them on a good restaurant lol... for sucker tourists! :P

Return to “Português”