IBM SSK club!

Muirium
µ

15 Oct 2015, 13:09

You saw the link. Do it yourself!

I'm still serious about a top hat cap. Wonder if the Monopoly piece would be easy to mod…

Just needs DT on the top!

meow a cat

05 Nov 2015, 23:03

Excuse my messy desk. :lol:

vsev

26 Nov 2015, 10:08

Half-Saint wrote: I almost forgot:
IBM M Space Saver by Mr. Mayhem, on Flickr
And I thought I was out of SSK search ...

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

22 Jan 2016, 01:54

meow a cat wrote:
Is that Phosphorglows handiwork I see? Looks very sleek I might try and do that to my unsaver. 8-)

meow a cat

22 Jan 2016, 01:57

Redmaus wrote:
meow a cat wrote:
Is that Phosphorglows handiwork I see? Looks very sleek I might try and do that to my unsaver. 8-)
It is indeed! Blue underlay with blue LEDs, USB controllet, and an awesome bolt mod. It was in a sorry state when I received it from Cindy, and Phosphorglow made it look almost brand new!

I bet he could make your unsaver look amazing. :)

suclearnub

22 Jan 2016, 02:49

Surface and SSK is a match made in heaven (apology for the old picture)
Last edited by suclearnub on 22 Jan 2016, 03:55, edited 1 time in total.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

22 Jan 2016, 02:54

meow a cat wrote: It is indeed! Blue underlay with blue LEDs, USB controllet, and an awesome bolt mod. It was in a sorry state when I received it from Cindy, and Phosphorglow made it look almost brand new!

I plan to do my own modifications to the unsaver, but I might plan some cool white led's or red ones. The unsaver is an enormous project for me, and I plan to change the case color, to the layout including adding in additional keys like the ones in the nav cluster.

Kind of funny is that I'm using a full size now and have grown quite fond of the numpad. :roll:

I'm really torn on how to use a numpad with it :(

Also nice SSK suclearnub, I really like the way the grey labels look. Keep it classy 8-)

meow a cat

03 Feb 2016, 12:08

Redmaus wrote:
meow a cat wrote: It is indeed! Blue underlay with blue LEDs, USB controllet, and an awesome bolt mod. It was in a sorry state when I received it from Cindy, and Phosphorglow made it look almost brand new!

I plan to do my own modifications to the unsaver, but I might plan some cool white led's or red ones. The unsaver is an enormous project for me, and I plan to change the case color, to the layout including adding in additional keys like the ones in the nav cluster.

Kind of funny is that I'm using a full size now and have grown quite fond of the numpad. :roll:

I'm really torn on how to use a numpad with it :(

Also nice SSK suclearnub, I really like the way the grey labels look. Keep it classy 8-)
That sounds like an awesome project. The Unsaver is a really unique board, I'm sure yours will be even more stellar by the time you are done! I don't know if I could change the colour of a nice IBM board though, that would be a little painful. They're already such a beautiful shade of beige. Do you have any photos of your Unsaver? I'd love to take a peek. :)

On all of my TKL and smaller boards, I usually use the SSK style numpad. You could always have a separate numpad though, either the Model M or F pad, or an MX pad.

meow a cat

12 Feb 2016, 23:53

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

12 Feb 2016, 23:56

meow a cat wrote:
That sounds like an awesome project. The Unsaver is a really unique board, I'm sure yours will be even more stellar by the time you are done! I don't know if I could change the colour of a nice IBM board though, that would be a little painful. They're already such a beautiful shade of beige. Do you have any photos of your Unsaver? I'd love to take a peek. :)
photos-videos-f64/funsaver-t10783.html? By all means. :D

I kind of want to go with a stealth black look, but I won't even touch the case till I can successfully dye some M keys to be black on black dyesubs.

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

10 Mar 2016, 18:56

Thank you ramnes for the keyboard, I hope it will be soon a FSSK, but I will dont touch the barrelframe from this board just cut a model m barrelframe so it will be fit in the case.
003 (5).jpg
003 (5).jpg (873.25 KiB) Viewed 15175 times

phosphorglow

17 Mar 2016, 04:49

I feel compelled to show her off a bit...

"This is my SSK. There are many like it but this one is mine..."

ImageCRW_6207 by phosphorglow, on Flickr

(edit: it gets field stripped rather often for various testing purposes, and keys get put back on haphazardly... hence the 'L'.)
Last edited by phosphorglow on 26 Mar 2016, 02:15, edited 2 times in total.

idollar
i$

17 Mar 2016, 07:49

Does this qualify ? :D

The FSSK 0001
... also here

pcaro

17 Mar 2016, 11:48

hypkx wrote: Thank you ramnes for the keyboard, I hope it will be soon a FSSK, but I will dont touch the barrelframe from this board just cut a model m barrelframe so it will be fit in the case.
003 (5).jpg
I didn't know that was possible! If you have a link o photos to share ..

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

18 Mar 2016, 16:56

pcaro wrote:
hypkx wrote: Thank you ramnes for the keyboard, I hope it will be soon a FSSK, but I will dont touch the barrelframe from this board just cut a model m barrelframe so it will be fit in the case.
003 (5).jpg
I didn't know that was possible! If you have a link o photos to share ..
Not yet, but this evening I will begin with it and will take some pictures.

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

18 Mar 2016, 17:55

003 (5).jpg
Glad to know that my ex-SSK is going to be FSSK'd!

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

18 Mar 2016, 18:45

idollar wrote: Does this qualify ? :D

The FSSK 0001
... also here
No that does not qualify! Start your own thread i$!

Muirium
µ

18 Mar 2016, 19:27

He has already.

I do agree that the SSK Club is for native SSKs. Not Model F hybrids. If they're allowed in, how could we refuse chopped fullsize Model Ms? We sure as hell ain't letting in those!

jerue

24 Mar 2016, 17:16

I don't think I've shared this here...if I did, sorry :oops:

1392464!

alh84001
v.001

27 Mar 2016, 13:50

Hey SSKers. Can anyone compare model 1391472 with model 1370475 (manufactured by Lexmark). Any discernible difference?

phosphorglow

29 Mar 2016, 23:04

Any comparison of Lexmark to IBM manufactured (especially prior to... let's say, '91...) will have subtle variations that can be discernible if you're comparing them side by side. Regardless, they're both great and it comes down to personal preference. Generally speaking, the earlier the board and the thicker the steel plate, the more solid they feel and sound. (Again, generally speaking...)

derzemel

20 Apr 2016, 09:52

May I also join this club? :D

sorry for the potato-phone image... too excited and impatient to take a better image :lol:

I now have one question, how can I add leds to it to make it look like the one sold by Glissant in November.

I want this look:
Spoiler:

Khers

20 Apr 2016, 10:09

Nice one, derzemel! Seems to need a bit of a cleanup though. What's going on on Z, T, [ and =? Paint splatter? Marker dots? Aesthetic improvements? :D

derzemel

20 Apr 2016, 10:14

Khers wrote: Nice one, derzemel! Seems to need a bit of a cleanup though. What's going on on Z, T, [ and =? Paint splatter? Marker dots? Aesthetic improvements? :D
yes, I will clean it today... thoroughly :lol:
I got it yesterday from a local guy that had it in a veterinary hospital... so I do not really want to know what those splatters are :lol:
Luckily they come out pretty easily so they are not paint or marker spots.

alh84001
v.001

20 Apr 2016, 10:20

suclearnub wrote: Surface and SSK is a match made in heaven (apology for the old picture)
I missed this before. Looks awesome.

I should take a picture of my model M and Surface Pro 2 :)

Khers

20 Apr 2016, 10:20

Veterinary you say!? Odd place for an SSK, no?

If I had a pet, that'd be the place for it if it ever was caught ill!

Regarding the LED-mod, it looks like phosphorglow's work.

derzemel

20 Apr 2016, 10:56

Khers wrote: Veterinary you say!? Odd place for an SSK, no?

If I had a pet, that'd be the place for it if it ever was caught ill!

Regarding the LED-mod, it looks like phosphorglow's work.
yes, that's what I found very odd too. The seller told me that they used to have an old medical scanner or something like that that had the keyboard connected to it.

I think I'll annoy phosphorglow for some stupid-proof details regarding the led mod :lol:

photekq
Cherry Picker

20 Apr 2016, 14:53

I joined a few weeks ago but forgot to post..

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

20 Apr 2016, 15:06

Thank you for joining photekq and derzemel! I got a feeling this club will never close its doors. ;)

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

20 Apr 2016, 15:10

Very nice photekq, I like the vanilla look.

Derzemel that one is nice the same one as mine actually (blue label)

Return to “Gallery”