GROOVE87-FR4 from IDFactory

Lamaboi

08 Jan 2012, 03:33

New keyboard from korean IDFactory(Taiwanese Costar manufactured obviously). The color of the housing reminds me alot of the CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid, but without the ugly branding and font. Judging by the pic's I'd say they're marketing it as another 'gamer' board.
http://idfkr.com/
They even add a nice little brush to clean off dirt from inbetween the keycaps :lol:
Priced at around 105,000 Won(aprox. 72 Euros), and we'll probably never see it sold outside of Korea :cry:
Last edited by Lamaboi on 08 Jan 2012, 04:40, edited 1 time in total.

litster

08 Jan 2012, 04:19

Pwn your opponents with N-Key ROLLPVER!
Groove-NKey_PVER.jpg
Groove-NKey_PVER.jpg (133.69 KiB) Viewed 6848 times

nathanscribe

08 Jan 2012, 12:42

Love the paintbrush.

Grond

08 Jan 2012, 13:48

What's the "windows key lock" for?

HzFaq

08 Jan 2012, 14:43

nathanscribe wrote:Love the paintbrush.
Needs to be gold plated for lower latency though.

Lamaboi

08 Jan 2012, 15:24

Some guy on GH mentioned that IDFactory is only permitted to sell those keyboards in Korea, although there is a possibility for a group-buy.
I'd imagine the gray housing would contrast quite nicely with the RETRO keycaps set from round four :3

prava

08 Jan 2012, 15:52

C'mon guys, this deserves a group-buy. :ugeek:

Culinia

08 Jan 2012, 20:34

nathanscribe wrote:Love the paintbrush.
Same here!
Grond wrote:What's the "windows key lock" for?
Assuming you can 'lock' the windows key so it won't tab out if pressed - it is a gaming keyboard after all ;)

ROLLPVER

That looks like roll power!

Nask

09 Jan 2012, 07:38

Hum it seems it's a quite nice keyboard.
I'd hope that their next release would be the SB74 or SB94 I didn't remember.
The tenkeyless with aluminium case in so lovely colors :D

MoarMAtt

05 Jun 2012, 23:04

id be in for a group buy. Need a brown board so bad.

Maarten

05 Jun 2012, 23:38

litster wrote:Pwn your opponents with N-Key ROLLPVER!
Groove-NKey_PVER.jpg
No only does it feature ROLLPVR but it also uses a printed circuit board board! Yes, thats TWICE as awesome as a regular one!

Dont you just love it how the Chinese just try to make words look like what they think they should look like (without any knowledge of the language in question or even the simple fact that even if letters or numbers look alike they might not have anything to do with one another). If ONE guy in china could do some proper English and check on what his fellow-countrymen were trying to write (if they could be bothered to do that ofc) not only would that one guy be very very rich but the entire world would no longer laugh at the Chinese for being so bloody illiterate.

off

06 Jun 2012, 11:07

MoarMAtt wrote:Need a brown board so bad.
Have you tried browns?
Maarten wrote:If ONE guy in china could do some proper English and check on what his fellow-countrymen were trying to write (if they could be bothered to do that ofc) not only would that one guy be very very rich but the entire world would no longer laugh at the Chinese for being so bloody illiterate.
I know a single human can be a powerful being, but honestly; I can't stop Dutchies from fscking up english either... nor stop anyone from posting in their own language in the midst of a thread full of english (*cough* russians, germans, dutchies *cough*); I'd say it's a pretty tall order for one guy to spellcheck anything that leaves his nation's border.
Neither a single (nor married) woman.

Acanthophis

06 Jun 2012, 13:25

off wrote:nor stop anyone from posting in their own language in the midst of a thread full of english (*cough* russians, germans, dutchies *cough*)
Suchst du Streit, hm?!

This looks like a better Quickfire TKL. Or like the Quickfire, just without those logos and legends...

yakill

06 Jun 2012, 14:28

Shurely a nice board, may be an alternative to a Filco TKL for me. I am just not happy with my DAS anymore, it is too wide. ;)
DeathAdder wrote: This looks like a better Quickfire TKL. Or like the Quickfire, just without those logos and legends...
A Quickfire without logos is a better Quickfire by design right? :mrgreen:

ripster

06 Jun 2012, 14:50

With Nkey Rollpver, HEAR ME ROR!

Findecanor

06 Jun 2012, 18:53

If only it was in real aluminium. Fake aluminium-looking plastic is so tacky.

squarebox

07 Jun 2012, 15:47

Identical to the Cooler Master Storm QuickFire Rapid

ripster

07 Jun 2012, 15:48

But is it rubberized?

Good to see you here squarebox. Geekhack is the land of the noobs now.

off

07 Jun 2012, 16:07

so what's the brown smudge on the WAS and NML keys supposed to indicate in that pic?

itlnstln

07 Jun 2012, 16:16

off wrote:so what's the brown smudge on the WAS and NML keys supposed to indicate in that pic?
6-key Rollpver. I would assume it's just for illustrative purposes, not 6KRP for just those keys.

ripster

07 Jun 2012, 16:21

I thought it might have been that Diarrhea guy from Geekhack.

Nkey Kicked In On My GROOVY Keyboard YO!

The moderators delete my year old posts and leave THIS?
http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?2563 ... -inside%29

itlnstln

07 Jun 2012, 16:23

Honestly, I was hoping it was brown caps. I would love a "chocolate cream" 'board. If WASD ever puts out brown caps, I'm throwing a set on my white Filco.

*Remembers luscious pics of lowpoly's/sofa king's MiniGuru*

ripster

07 Jun 2012, 16:25

I have only one brown key and it has a PedoBear on it.

itlnstln

07 Jun 2012, 16:27

Now that I think about it, lowpoly's 'board was so nice because it had a brown case and white keys, not the other way around. It'll probably look like crap brown-on-white (no pun remotely intended).

ripster

07 Jun 2012, 16:31

Well...at least HIS images work. Too bad he can't edit his own mod post anymore.... <need pounding desk smiley>

I lost interest in this keyboard once I realized it was Arial.

itlnstln

07 Jun 2012, 16:37

I remember his "configurator" had Segoe UI, Calibri, or something similar for the font.

ripster

07 Jun 2012, 16:46

Oh I meant the OP keyboard, sorry. I would have bought a keyboard with Segoe in a second.

Not sure why Geekhack is reinventing the wheel, spending $50K to recreate Cherry Legends when there is a brand new world of humanist typography out there.

ESPECIALLY that Geekhack Tilde <grabbing pic from wiki which he must remember to use in his font wiki>
http://deskthority.net/w/images/1/1b/FLA_1006.jpg

But then most Geeks are uncreative types.

itlnstln

07 Jun 2012, 16:54

ripster wrote:Oh I meant the OP keyboard, sorry.
Are you sure? The close up of the "C" looks kinda like Myriad/Segoe-ish to me. "Backspace" looks like an abomination to me; it might be the same font as the new Rosewill. It also looks like they have that weird Myriad issue on the Scroll Lock and End keys as well.

All-in-all, the 'board looks to be a hot, typeface mess.

ripster

07 Jun 2012, 17:17

Ah, but Rosewill has cleaned up their mess with the simple use of indicator LEDs in the keys in the new backlit keyboards.

Same with Leopold.

I see a trend.

Filco needs to stop dinking around with waterdyed custom keyboards and get on the thick PBT key and Indicator Light In The Key bandwagon!

And for a Groovy Musical Break...
Ugh, performance reminds me of PBS pledge week.

itlnstln

07 Jun 2012, 18:23

ripster wrote:Ugh, performance reminds me of PBS pledge week.
Ha! Funny you should mention that. Our PBS station does a one time per year auction ("Blazing Gavels," har har) that lasts for 10 days instead of a pledge drive. It starts tonight and I am a volunteer.

I love the people, and it's a great cause, but the hours suck.

Return to “News”