Price Check: How much is my _____ worth?

E3E

12 May 2016, 16:42

Khers wrote:
fohat wrote:
Khers wrote:
IMO, the AT10x to have is the old logo beige ones. Prettier, better built and salmon Alps.
Only when you are lucky. I have had 2 of the AT101 old logos, and both had (poor) bamboo black switches and lasered ABS caps.
Oh, I thought the old logo was a solid source for salmons, based on my, obviously, statistically insignificant sample of one :). Learned something new today! Lucky I haven't tried to get more only to get disappointed...
Yeah, the Apple boards with Salmons are a much more practical source for Salmon over the expensive and rare US-made Dell AT101s. :P

Khers

12 May 2016, 19:27

Yes, but, when searching for Apple boards, you'll get disappointed when you find salmons instead of the oranges you were looking for... :D :lol:

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

18 May 2016, 21:04

how much is ergodox (falba tech) full hand pvc case (white), gold pcb, alu plate, lubed mx clears worth? At one of the case sides are some minimal damages, because I screwed the screws to deep in the case, but there just some little bumps on the surface.

macmakkara

23 May 2016, 12:53

Heya, Have been away for a while and im moving to much smaller appartment. I have to sell some stuff so im asking what ppl thinks for prices of these.

Model M2 ISO swe/fin
Model F AT swe/fin case in bad condition
Model F XT US in great condition.
Model F50 converted without top caps just stems.
HHKB Pro black on black PBT space kit and 4 HKP colored caps (2x esc + 2x FN) + colored topre esc ctrl and wasd.
Model F104 Aka Unsaver converted to USB ISO US.
Model M SSK 'NIB' Box just opened to take some pics.
Beamspring Converted to USB all caps. Space bar little bit damaged (stabilizer loop broke off. going to fix this with epoxy).

Im not going to sell anything yet. im just thinking.
Last edited by macmakkara on 23 May 2016, 14:19, edited 1 time in total.

Muirium
µ

23 May 2016, 13:15

You almost put them in order!

I'd keep the HHKB and try to sell all the IBMs to a single buyer. You're in Scandinavia, the cost of shipping will kill the M2, and only really becomes worthwhile for the stuff more valuable than the XT.

The HHKB is worth a fair penny, too. But if it's your only one, you'll soon regret it!

macmakkara

23 May 2016, 14:02

Well i almost did it!

Im not going to sell all of these.

Im pretty sure that M2, AT, XT, F50 and Beamspring are going. Others are just on the list. My SO said that all of my keyboards are not going to move with me. So i told that im going sell couple of those. And she can't stand anything other than labeled caps and Fullsize/TKL board and also wants 'silent' keyboard for me so no click clack anymore :(

I relly love HHKB and F104 and don't want to part from these. Also that SSK is just 20 days older than me and thats one of the reasons i would not like to part from it :) Im looking for White swe/fin keyset for topre atm so i can keep HHKB with labeled white caps and maybe get my SO used to smaller keyboard ;)

Muirium
µ

23 May 2016, 14:05

Sounds like you're working on an excuse to get a Realforce…

Collector: he who empties a cupboard so well it's even fuller now than when he started.

Anyway, I'd prioritise selling the Beamspring. They're great, but ••H•U•G•E••. Besides, they're in demand. The Model Fs besides the Unsaver would be a good bundle, too; albeit for a lot less loot than if the Unsaver were joining the ride!

jerue

25 May 2016, 05:24

I'd probably buy all the IBM boards just to get that Unsaver... :lol:

But HHKB and Unsaver, I wouldn't let them go either if I had both! I love my purple-slider HHKB.

The NIB SSK should get around $350-400 USD (based on last couple sold on eBay iirc), but I guess that's not going anymore?. Beamspring should sell for a nice price as well, since the hard work's been done!

Phenix
-p

25 May 2016, 07:36

I am also interested in the Unsaver, but most likely too expensive for me. Hope I get an chance for the F AT and F50

Invisius

25 May 2016, 07:58

macmakkara wrote: Heya, Have been away for a while and im moving to much smaller appartment. I have to sell some stuff so im asking what ppl thinks for prices of these.

Model M2 ISO swe/fin
HHKB Pro black on black PBT space kit and 4 HKP colored caps (2x esc + 2x FN) + colored topre esc ctrl and wasd.
Beamspring Converted to USB all caps. Space bar little bit damaged (stabilizer loop broke off. going to fix this with epoxy).

I've been following this stuff for a while now, so here's what I've seen these sell for on the US market
M2 - 40
AT - 100 in bad condition
XT - 70 in pristine condition
F50 - last one sold for 440 shipped on ebay, maybe more now that nobody is selling
F104 - 200
SSK NIB - 400
Beamspring would depend on the model, anywhere from 150-600. I might buy this one off you if you want to sell to a forum member :D

Khers

25 May 2016, 08:24

macmakkara wrote: Heya, Have been away for a while and im moving to much smaller appartment. I have to sell some stuff so im asking what ppl thinks for prices of these.

Model M2 ISO swe/fin

M2: Beltet had issues selling a Swe/Fin M2 for around about €50 on a Swedish forum a while back. I don't remember if he sold it in the end and if he did, I don’t remember what it sold for.

AT: Good condition ATs scatter a lot (I've seen both $25 and $250 ones), but somewhere in the $100 to $150 range. Case in bad condition obviously slashes that by a fair amount.

XT: Maybe $50. Sellers on ebay seem to think these are worth north of $100. I disagree.

F50: $100-150? I really have no idea. Curious thing if you ask me.

HHKB: $150-200. Plus extras which could be somewhere close to what you paid for them or nothing at all depending on the buyer.

F104: This is a difficult one since they are so scarce. We all remember the $50 one on ebay not too long ago. You should be able to sell it at somewhere around 8-10x that.

NIB SSK: Many of us got these rather cheap (though I was charged a LOT at the customs office) from Cindy, so there are a lot of them out there, and yet very few come up for sale. I'd put it around about the same as the Unsaver.

Beamspring: Considering it's already converted and really bad examples have no problem fetching $300 on ebay, that's where I'd put it if you sell it on the forum. More if it’s one of the smaller versions (I don’t remember which one you’ve got and I’m too lazy to look it up).

If you go ebay with this, you’d obviously get more. The fact that shipping is a bit steep from Finland (from what I’ve heard you have about the same rates as we do in Sweden) shouldn’t matter much, as long as the buyer is in Europe. At least not on the less common items that are generally found in the US as shipping from the US to Europe is probably more expensive.

macmakkara

25 May 2016, 08:43

Khers wrote:

Model M2 ISO swe/fin

M2: Beltet had issues selling a Swe/Fin M2 for around about €50 on a Swedish forum a while back. I don't remember if he sold it in the end and if he did, I don’t remember what it sold for.

AT: Good condition ATs scatter a lot (I've seen both $25 and $250 ones), but somewhere in the $100 to $150 range. Case in bad condition obviously slashes that by a fair amount.

XT: Maybe $50. Sellers on ebay seem to think these are worth north of $100. I disagree.

F50: $100-150? I really have no idea. Curious thing if you ask me.

HHKB: $150-200. Plus extras which could be somewhere close to what you paid for them or nothing at all depending on the buyer.

F104: This is a difficult one since they are so scarce. We all remember the $50 one on ebay not too long ago. You should be able to sell it at somewhere around 8-10x that.

NIB SSK: Many of us got these rather cheap (though I was charged a LOT at the customs office) from Cindy, so there are a lot of them out there, and yet very few come up for sale. I'd put it around about the same as the Unsaver.

Beamspring: Considering it's already converted and really bad examples have no problem fetching $300 on ebay, that's where I'd put it if you sell it on the forum. More if it’s one of the smaller versions (I don’t remember which one you’ve got and I’m too lazy to look it up).

If you go ebay with this, you’d obviously get more. The fact that shipping is a bit steep from Finland (from what I’ve heard you have about the same rates as we do in Sweden) shouldn’t matter much, as long as the buyer is in Europe. At least not on the less common items that are generally found in the US as shipping from the US to Europe is probably more expensive.
This beamspring is big one with DE caps. From 'seller of rust' Plate is already sanded down and repainted. new neoprene foam included. Switch stems has fair amount of rust on them still. propably going to try vinegar bath to clean them...

And as for shipping i sold my smaller beamspring to Australia shipping was 70€.

SSK is also from Cindy and to my knowledge we have almost same customs here in fin as in swe.

uncletobai

29 May 2016, 22:31

These are off a Cherry G81-3000 SAD: http://imgur.com/a/Yv08e
I haven't decided between keeping and selling them, but how much do you guys think i can ask for?

Thanks!

alh84001
v.001

01 Jun 2016, 22:59

What can I expect to pay for a KB-5181 with white alps?

Chyros

01 Jun 2016, 23:05

alh84001 wrote: What can I expect to pay for a KB-5181 with white alps?
I'd say £40 or less, depending on the condition.

alh84001
v.001

01 Jun 2016, 23:13

Thanks. That is without shipping I presume. Incidentally, do you have a weight estimate for it?

Chyros

01 Jun 2016, 23:28

alh84001 wrote: Thanks. That is without shipping I presume. Incidentally, do you have a weight estimate for it?
Yes, without shipping. Took out my 5981 (the winkey version) just now to weight it for you; mine weighs slightly over 1.4 kg.

alh84001
v.001

01 Jun 2016, 23:46

Thanks!

I found this as well - https://books.google.hr/books?id=iYmIeq ... ht&f=false

Says in the info box it is 4.4lbs, which translates to exactly 2kg. Helluva difference, and I doubt cable and dust cover account for it.

Chyros

02 Jun 2016, 01:37

alh84001 wrote: Thanks!

I found this as well - https://books.google.hr/books?id=iYmIeq ... ht&f=false

Says in the info box it is 4.4lbs, which translates to exactly 2kg. Helluva difference, and I doubt cable and dust cover account for it.
That's the weight of a Model M, it most definitely isn't as heavy as that :p . Even the 5161 isn't nearly as heavy as that xD . Maybe they included the weight of the box and packing stuff, 600 g packing material doesn't sound unreasonable.

alh84001
v.001

02 Jun 2016, 01:46

Yes, that crossed my mind as well, and probably makes sense when reviewing NIB items. In any case, it's really absurd what you can stumble upon when googling a bit :)

txepox

03 Jun 2016, 00:02

Hi all!

The last sunday I found a model M keyboard (a lucky day!). After cleaning it, I took some photos of it:
Link to the gallery at imgur (still incomplete).

It has a "small" cigarrette mark, the F6 and F8 caps are fractured and one of the stabilizer's hook from the "intro" key is almost broken.
I love its clicky sound and the feeling is super, but I know I am not going to use it (my desk has a width of 85cm :| ). I am thinking to leave it. Which is the fair price to leave it?

Thanks in advance!

Chyros

03 Jun 2016, 00:32

Interesting, so that's part 1389967? I added 1389969 to Wikipedia just this morning after I discovered it xD . I assume this is the Spanish XT model?

It looks amazing by the way. The first-gen models just look better, especially with the rainbow plate. Very nice find!

txepox

03 Jun 2016, 00:56

Chyros wrote: Interesting, so that's part 1389967?
Yes, it is. Is that number like an "id" for every IBM keyboard?. I guess they go in ascending order...
Chyros wrote: I added 1389969 to Wikipedia just this morning after I discovered it xD.
pretty close :o
Chyros wrote: I assume this is the Spanish XT model?
Yes, I think so... I have uploaded another photo of its back.

Chyros

03 Jun 2016, 01:39

txepox wrote:
Yes, it is. Is that number like an "id" for every IBM keyboard?. I guess they go in ascending order...
More or less. Not completely though.

Chyros wrote: I added 1389969 to Wikipedia just this morning after I discovered it xD.
pretty close :o
Yeah, which makes sense, because that model is the UK version of the XT Model M. See if you can find out if it's the XT model, and I'll add that one too :) .

scottc

03 Jun 2016, 01:40

Chyros wrote:
txepox wrote:
More or less. Not completely though.
Yeah, they wouldn't be IBM if they were consistent..! Their only consistency is their inconsistency.

UKKeycaps

03 Jun 2016, 01:47

How much is a working Industrial grey (full size) Model M worth? (non-bolt modded, used but OK condition)

Thanks friendos

maximm

03 Jun 2016, 09:24

How much is a Cherry MX 5000 HAMNO worth? Keyboard is the one in the Pic.

Khers

03 Jun 2016, 11:04

Would that be huttala's that's for sale on SweC? I've estimated it to €400±100 myself but it's really difficult given that it is such a rare keyboard that may be very valuable for those who are looking for a Norwegian (or Scandinavian in general) keyboard but useless for many who are on the lookout for a MX5000.

Chyros

03 Jun 2016, 12:04

Surely you can stick normal ISO doubleshots on them if you're not Norwegian :p . I reckon you won't have much trouble shifting that even for several hundred dollarpounds Image .

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

03 Jun 2016, 13:11

400€ for an ISO 5000 is overpriced, unless it is BNIB.

Return to “Marketplace Help”