Plum Nano75 Electrastatic Capacitive Bluetooth RGB Keyboard

mech greenhand

27 May 2016, 11:15

1. Plum capacitive switches, 35g and 45g available.
2. RGB backlighting
3. Bluetooth and wired modes
4. Firmware update available and full keys programmable
5. To be released in June,2016
Attachments
3.jpg
3.jpg (69.9 KiB) Viewed 26488 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (70.62 KiB) Viewed 26488 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (50.13 KiB) Viewed 26488 times

Elrick

27 May 2016, 12:19

Actually not a bad layout at all 8-) .

Looking forward to seeing if they'll be using an all PBT key-cap set as well. It'll make this model of keyboard hard to resist when it arrives, especially if you're addicted to the miraculous Thorpe ;) .

Muirium
µ

27 May 2016, 12:27

Yeah, seems a sensible conservative way of handling the form factor. I wonder how you switch into the arrow layer. The physical convenience of regular sized keys over there comes at the cost of juggling mods on the function layer. Good job it's fully programmable. I fear a Windows only app though for doing that.

What's the keycap mount?

Anyway Elrick, Topre guys like me love them for what they are. Noppoo/Plum isn't likely to convert us. Not without full dyesub PBT sets, and matching Topre's feel in full. But they don't need to if they can appeal to newcomers. This board at a good price looks a solid plan.

need

27 May 2016, 14:06

I believe they take cherry stem keycaps?
If that's the case, pbt can be swapped in anyway.
And it's standard key sizes make it even easier.

pcaro

27 May 2016, 14:26

I love this layout. My travel keyboard (Nano 75s) looks great with R5 keycaps. If it supports cherry keycaps, this keyboard is going to be a great alternative.

mech greenhand

27 May 2016, 15:36

Yes, cherry mx type keycaps are compatible. And it is standard size too.

Muirium
µ

27 May 2016, 15:44

These guys are the express train that's coming down Topre's tracks. Bluetooth! And they even threw in RGB lighting. This board isn't aimed at me (lose that top row, the LEDs, and bundle premium caps, stat!) but I can see why Topre's getting itchy and what's behind their pivot towards gamers. Pity. Because it's not why we love them. That'd be the feel, above all else, and the out-of-box premium experience. Less LEDs, more thickness on those PBTs, damn it!

scottc

27 May 2016, 17:11

What's the price for these going to be, mech greenhand?

need

27 May 2016, 17:48

I think this layout having the F-row is great.
It's basically filling the gap between the 60% HKKB and the TKL Topre.

Much better than just copying either of them.

mech greenhand

28 May 2016, 02:23

scottc wrote: What's the price for these going to be, mech greenhand?
Price not finalized yet. Roughly around $130~140, with international shipping included.

mech greenhand

28 May 2016, 03:21

Elrick wrote: Actually not a bad layout at all 8-) .

Looking forward to seeing if they'll be using an all PBT key-cap set as well. It'll make this model of keyboard hard to resist when it arrives, especially if you're addicted to the miraculous Thorpe ;) .
Yes, the keyboard comes with original white thick PBT keycaps. Backlighting comes through the keycap, not through the legend though...

mech greenhand

28 May 2016, 03:38

Muirium wrote: Yeah, seems a sensible conservative way of handling the form factor. I wonder how you switch into the arrow layer. The physical convenience of regular sized keys over there comes at the cost of juggling mods on the function layer. Good job it's fully programmable. I fear a Windows only app though for doing that.

What's the keycap mount?

Anyway Elrick, Topre guys like me love them for what they are. Noppoo/Plum isn't likely to convert us. Not without full dyesub PBT sets, and matching Topre's feel in full. But they don't need to if they can appeal to newcomers. This board at a good price looks a solid plan.
There are three switches on the back :office, media,pro. Arrows are available when swicthing to media level. Default office mode by fn combination.
Last edited by mech greenhand on 31 May 2016, 11:14, edited 1 time in total.

Elrick

28 May 2016, 06:00

mech greenhand wrote: Yes, the keyboard comes with original white thick PBT keycaps. Backlighting comes through the keycap, not through the legend though...
Definitely adding a couple to my collection, when it finally reaches Ebay :D .

cookie

28 May 2016, 09:23

Muirium wrote:These guys are the express train that's coming down Topre's tracks. Bluetooth! And they even threw in RGB lighting. This board isn't aimed at me (lose that top row, the LEDs, and bundle premium caps, stat!) but I can see why Topre's getting itchy and what's behind their pivot towards gamers. Pity. Because it's not why we love them. That'd be the feel, above all else, and the out-of-box premium experience. Less LEDs, more thickness on those PBTs, damn it!
I couldn't agree more.

t!ng
Awake Sheep

28 May 2016, 15:44

The legends and font looks exactly like Topre.

Muirium
µ

28 May 2016, 15:55

Hey, where's the "NIZ" on my spacebar!? Those bastards ripped me off!

Note the IBM SSK has much the same legends. Helvetica, as it should be. Noppoo/whoever could do a better job with those front printed icon legends though. They're jarring beside classy stuff instead of the usual GAMERFONT look.

mech greenhand

29 May 2016, 09:54

The keyboards are now available for shipping and price is released.
$134,with shipping included.
Here is the purchase link for your reference.
Plum Nano75EC RGB

ipreferpie

29 May 2016, 16:07

wow! this is making me consider selling my HHKB w/ Novatouch sliders and Hasu BT controller!

Muirium
µ

29 May 2016, 16:21

You'd have a lot of takers if you're only after $134 for that lot!

ipreferpie

29 May 2016, 16:27

Muirium wrote: You'd have a lot of takers if you're only after $134 for that lot!
I wonder what objective merits my modded HHKB will really have over the nano75?

E3E

29 May 2016, 23:33

Muirium wrote: Hey, where's the "NIZ" on my spacebar!? Those bastards ripped me off!

Note the IBM SSK has much the same legends. Helvetica, as it should be. Noppoo/whoever could do a better job with those front printed icon legends though. They're jarring beside classy stuff instead of the usual GAMERFONT look.

Helvetica for the win. Definitely one of my favorite fonts for keycap legends if not my very favorite.

Elrick

30 May 2016, 10:50

mech greenhand wrote:

The keyboards are now available for shipping and price is released.
$134,with shipping included.
Here is the purchase link for your reference.
Plum Nano75EC RGB
Damn, now have to wait till they hit on Ebay :-o .

cookie

30 May 2016, 12:14

I'd love to try it, either to bash it like all other counterfeit products or to remain in silence forever!

TuxKey
LLAP

30 May 2016, 21:07

would love to see someone try it out..kind of have my doubts about it..
As i just bought my first Topre board FC660C i'm all covered when it comes to topre unless there is something that blows me away...than i'm sure i can't resist..hahaha

perhaps Topre 50g cherry stem compatible model S TKL All metal case..programmable .. :lol:
but this Plum Nano75 would be a nice backup work keyboard..or living room thing..

gogusrl

31 May 2016, 08:33

can we get a no bluetooth, no rgb, no keycaps barebone version for like 75$ ? :D

cookie

31 May 2016, 11:57

Bluetooth would be the main selling point to me actually :)

Muirium
µ

31 May 2016, 18:42

Same here. MX compatible means I can put something nice on it, too. Without ever bothering to turn on the LEDs…

Scottex

31 May 2016, 22:21

gogusrl wrote: can we get a no bluetooth, no rgb, no keycaps barebone version for like 75$ ? :D
this could be a really good deal for most keyboard enthusiasts
most of us don't care for bluetooth or rgb backlight and already have quality cherry keycaps to put in it

codemonkeymike

01 Jun 2016, 20:36

Do Plum keyboards work with OSX?

mech greenhand

02 Jun 2016, 02:35

Yes, compatible with Mac system.

Return to “Keyboards”