Bunker Ramo Admin Keyboard + Zbrojovka Consul

auroray

14 Jun 2016, 18:16

Hi!

After I got my Honeywell VT10, I've managed to obtain two more treasures. Both require proper cleaning and de-yellowing with H2O2.

The first one is the Bunker Ramo Admin Keyboard with German layout:

Full gallery: http://imgur.com/a/i8Rmc

The second one here is a Zbrojovka, probably a Consul:

Full gallery: http://imgur.com/a/7ouRW

What do you guys think? :)

Chyros

14 Jun 2016, 18:27

Amazing. The top one especially looks fantastic. Imagine having that in your office!

The bottom one looks distinctly like Tesla MS1SS1 quad-magnet Hall effect.

auroray

14 Jun 2016, 18:30

The switches on Zbrojovka might as well be made by Tesla, since literally all of the ICs on the PCB are made by Tesla as well. There is no designation on the switch itself though.

Chyros

14 Jun 2016, 20:13

IIRC I found a spec sheet of these switches once which designated them as "MS1SS1" switches by Tesla.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

14 Jun 2016, 21:26

Awesome, I love the Zbrojovka.

GEIST

14 Jun 2016, 22:59

The top one looks amazing and it's name seems like a perfect match

Chyros

15 Jun 2016, 00:28

The bottom one is really cool too though. I like all the little LEDs and the number counter thing in that recess thing.

auroray

15 Jun 2016, 08:08

One of the interesting things here is that the switch on the Bunker Ramo is an unknown variant of the Honeywell switch, as someone pointed out to me on reddit.

Guys by the way, does anyone recognize the logo from this label?

It's all over the PCBs as well.

auroray

15 Jun 2016, 09:41

Just for fun, here's a current keycap/keytop gallery: http://imgur.com/a/BWySI

tentator

15 Jun 2016, 15:26

the keycaps of the second, Zbrojovka, probably a Consul really look very similar to nixie keycaps!! :) it's a pitty I suppose they're not mx compatible though.... ;)

auroray

15 Jun 2016, 16:13

Well I've gotta say that those are the thinnest double shot keytops I've seen. I'm actually quite worried that they'll fall apart when I clean them.

Most of the Hall Effect keytops can be adapted to MX stem (except for the ones in Bunker Ramo), with some playdough in the original stem slot, and a spare MX stem to mold the shape in it, and it should be perfect. Just as ALPS stems can be adapted to an MX keytop with a piece of a ziptie and glue :D

tentator

15 Jun 2016, 16:15

uhm interesting ideas... are there howtos for those ideas? :)

auroray

15 Jun 2016, 19:32

I'll post a picture of a modified ALPS switch (previous owner of my MicroNorth did that after probably losing a key)

About that hall effect keycaps, I haven't done it, would be nice to see someone do that :D The problem here is that these keycaps might be slightly larger than usual.

seebart

15 Jun 2016, 21:40

auroray wrote: One of the interesting things here is that the switch on the Bunker Ramo is an unknown variant of the Honeywell switch, as someone pointed out to me on reddit.
Actually I'll only believe that when I see it. Pictures please. This is what we have on Honeywell Hall Effect:

wiki/Honeywell_Hall_Effect

wiki/Micro_Switch_Hall_Effect

auroray

15 Jun 2016, 21:52

Actually I'll only believe that when I see it. Pictures please. This is what we have on Honeywell Hall Effect:

wiki/Micro_Switch_Hall_Effect
Come on man, I've linked galleries with 40+ pictures of the boards :P The Bunker Ramo has Honeywell Hall Effect switches designated as D1K3S:

K as a stem type is not documented. Perhaps time to update the Wiki? :)

To summarize - White stem, undocumented stem type, standard actuation force, 2 redundant sense lines.
I'll be removing all of the caps for cleaning tomorrow, I'll post more pictures if I find different switches :)

One cool thing I failed to mention - The 'Caps lock' key is a locking type switch - the key stays down until the second press.

seebart

15 Jun 2016, 21:58

Sorry I'm not convinced (yet). Your fruity attitude won't make it better either. Reddit is a piece of shit to me BTW.
I'll be removing all of the caps for cleaning tomorrow, I'll post more pictures if I find different switches :)
Yeah do that. ;)

auroray

15 Jun 2016, 22:08

Sorry, I'm confused... How am I being fruity? I share what I find here, hoping for a more mature community than Reddit's.

I realize you're a veteran here, that's the feeling I got reading your post, but please, let me know what I said or did wrong, I'd hate to do something wrong again.

seebart

15 Jun 2016, 22:12

Nothing "wrong" except you coming to very firm conclusions that I doubt you or me or anyone can answer since this is old obscure hardware. How do you know it's "undocumented"? How do you know it's even Honeywell? Who is this expert from Reddit? Get what I mean? I mean how do you know? We would have to have access to Honeywell's backlog to find out.

And I'd like to repeat; you are doing a great job here sharing this. But please stick to the facts. If you have proof please show me because I don't.
I share what I find here, hoping for a more mature community than Reddit's.
That's the way to go. Don't be offended please.

Here is dorkvader's excellent Hall Effect Switch Compendium, have a look at it please:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dork_vade ... 2093794783
Last edited by seebart on 15 Jun 2016, 22:22, edited 1 time in total.

auroray

15 Jun 2016, 22:22

By undocumented I meant that the 'Stem type' section is just missing the 'K' for the flat stem, that's all. :)

I just found an old topic here on Deskthority with exactly the same keyboard as mine, only slighly older and in worse shape. The switch is indeed made by Micro Switch (I looked at the switch on mine again, and it does say Micro USA), but it looks as if it's been made to imitate the Honewell one - the other Micro Switch board I have has switches that look more like the photo in the Wiki.

The PCB containing the switches is also missing the metal frame that Micro Switch PCBs are usually mounted on (again, from what I've seen so far)

Here's the old topic: photos-f62/bunker-ramo-micro-switch-keyboard-t5390.html

seebart

15 Jun 2016, 22:26

Well there you go! That's what I'm talking about. Now you're getting somewhere! It's got the same sticker too. 7bit of all people! I wonder if he still has it. Micro Switch was a bought by Honeywell BTW, same company.

OK you're right it is very probable those are Honeywell Hall Effect. Semi-documented. Although we do not know what goes on in the rest of what we call the internet, the things I have found! ;)

auroray

15 Jun 2016, 22:36

Ah, that explains it :D Anyway, I'll be researching the topic more tomorrow. I'm also going to grab a Siemens TD-81610 that's for sale near me, curious what switches does it have.

seebart

15 Jun 2016, 22:41

auroray wrote: I'm also going to grab a Siemens TD-81610 that's for sale near me, curious what switches does it have.
Siemens switches. ;) Go for it. We need more info's on those too.

keyboards-f2/can-anyone-id-this-for-me-t9048.html

http://utensilia.tk/siemens_td-81610/

auroray

15 Jun 2016, 23:00

Utensilia's description I know of, but your photos are amazing. I imagine the work someone had to put into assembling this board :)

auroray

02 Jul 2016, 19:14

Hi again,

Here some photos of the keycaps after whitening treatment, and one more new keyswitch I found in the Bunker Ramo:
The new switch I found is retentive, as in press once to engage, press one more time to disengage. (New switch variant, not listen on the wiki.)

I've left the 'Copy' key untreated to show more contrast. :)

Before:
After:

seebart

02 Jul 2016, 21:14

auroray wrote: ...not listed on the wiki
It's listed now alright! If you have any more bundle them please. :evilgeek: :x

Also the Zbrojovka Consul has it's own header:

deskthority-f17/post-your-deskthority-h ... -2040.html

:ugeek:

Return to “Gallery”