The board is with IjonTichy already :-)

Muirium
µ

05 Jun 2016, 00:39

Good stuff. I'll update the list.

IjonTichy

18 Jun 2016, 19:25

Some thought about the Matias Ergo Pro.

I am not sure if I really need a split keyboard. Seems I don't type that much that I notice a difference. The split space bar on the other hand is great! Backspace on my other pinkie really sped up my workflow.

To the board itself: The sound was really much worse than on my other Matias boards. The sound was much higher pitched and louder. Also there are problems that are already mentioned: the interconnect-cable is not really great, num-lock is just stupid in this position (solved in the second batch as was mentioned), the USB-cable was different than on all other keyboards I own and the 90 degree bend is impractical for me.

Guess I have to wait a little longer for my perfect keyboard :)

Madhias
BS TORPE

26 Jun 2016, 20:41

I should get it next week, yay!

macmakkara

27 Jun 2016, 10:02

I hope it might be possible to drop me lower on the list. I have my summer vacation in coming weeks and don't have much time around.

hellmean

30 Jun 2016, 10:25

It appears I am next in line after Madhias. For the next month I am here:)

andrewjoy

30 Jun 2016, 13:19

Did someone ever bother to fix the loose wrist rest ?

shreebles
Finally 60%

30 Jun 2016, 16:16

andrewjoy wrote: Did someone ever bother to fix the loose wrist rest ?
Would you try to permanently alter an expensive article that doesn't belong to you?
Everyone has a different approach to fixing things.I probably would've used hot glue, but not without explicit permission from the owner.

andrewjoy

30 Jun 2016, 16:28

If i had noticed it i would have put some double sided tape on it , totally reversible

shreebles
Finally 60%

30 Jun 2016, 16:28

Good point. I'm just such a klutz I surely could've messed that up as well.

Ray

30 Jun 2016, 23:37

When I had it, it really didn't "need" any fixing. It was loose to the extent that you could lift it at one side if you tried, but if you just rest your wrists on it, it is pretty solid.

Madhias
BS TORPE

06 Jul 2016, 12:29

I am going to start testing the board today, unfortunately later than expected... So I will send it then to the next person at the end of next week.

Madhias
BS TORPE

21 Jul 2016, 09:37

Wrote a PM to the next one in line!

Madhias
BS TORPE

05 Aug 2016, 08:42

As I saw right now the package arrived Finland recently, but not the recipient.

hellmean

16 Aug 2016, 16:18

what's going on with this board, guys? is it completely lost?

scottc

16 Aug 2016, 17:54

Should be with Macmakkara...

macmakkara

17 Aug 2016, 06:05

Yes its with me. Arrived last friday. Forgot to update here :oops:

macmakkara

23 Aug 2016, 10:27

Had a little test of matias switches. Kinda like them. Layout is fantastic and i like 2u high spacebar.

I PMd next person on list an mµ but no answer yet...

macmakkara

25 Aug 2016, 13:37

Still no answer. Next on list was online last time 16th and mu 22th :/

scottc

25 Aug 2016, 14:13

Mu has more important things to deal with.

I say skip Hellmean for now and send it to Tuxkey. Hellmean and Tuxkey are both in NL, so if Hellmean responds soon, Tuxkey can just send it to them instead of the next in line.

Any objections?

macmakkara

25 Aug 2016, 20:48

Not from me. I did read that Mu is busy with other thinks.
Il send pm to Tux

macmakkara

26 Aug 2016, 08:37

Well Tuxkey told me he is out for a week or two. Il ship board to him next week if i don't get asnwer from hellmean before that.
(And i get to use board littlebit more. Didin't have computer when i got it and will get last parts for my build today ;) )

Any objections from UK people on the list?

macmakkara

29 Aug 2016, 08:10

Got asnwer from Hellmean and il ship board to him.

Let the tour continue!

hellmean

09 Sep 2016, 12:27

the board was delivered today typing on it now. I have to say this is a rather strange feeling and right away I am not a fan of this switch:) will let you know more in few days

shreebles
Finally 60%

09 Sep 2016, 21:26

Not a big fan of the Matias switch, either.
Is anyone a huge fan of this switch or the board itself? I have one I could part with. The newer revision without the stupid numlock, ISO-DE layout.

scottc

10 Sep 2016, 01:08

I like the switches. Not as good as classic alps but a good choice for something new and decently tactile. I'd be tempted by your offer, shreebles, but I just spent a load of money on a Novatouch and am officially out of budget.

shreebles
Finally 60%

10 Sep 2016, 10:41

Aight, makes sense. Well, the Nova will soon be officially rare so I guess you made a good catch.

Maybe the Ergo will be here for another month or two, even though I don't use it I have no nerve for the whole eBay/reddit/sales crap at the moment :D

hellmean

15 Sep 2016, 13:01

I'm ready to send the board to the next person in line. Is that TuxKey? The review is incoming sometime next week (short summary: love the board, no love for the switch).

TuxKey
LLAP

16 Sep 2016, 18:23

Thanks guys for thinking of me..
Forgot all about the Tour..

Couple weeks back sum kid hit me while biking so i bruised a couple ribs.. :(
But i feel much better now and ready for a nice keyboard test..
To bad i don't get to send it to my fellow countryman for €9 hahahah ah well next one in line is the UK that's around €21
Hellmean you lucky ... :D

Again thanks guys really appreciate you thinking of me..
Already send my info to Hellmean..

Currently typing on my FC660C topre board..

As soon as i get the board i'l leave a message..

Greets TuxKey

TuxKey
LLAP

01 Oct 2016, 18:55

Hi guys,

So a couple of hours ago the doorbell rang and it was the mailman with a nice package :D
Yep it's "Matias Ergo Pro time" ...

After sum vacuum cleaning and disinfectant cleaning of al parts .. yep i'm kind of anal when it comes to cleaning my stuff..
it was time to connect it to my computer.. (MacBook Pro connected to my 30inch screen) at first i had sum problems figuring out how to connect it. The extra usb ports kind of confused me at first and not seeing the little micro usb port didn't help.

But eventually i got it and connected it via my screen build in usb hub.
first reaction is "oh my god wil i ever get used to it??? :lol: :roll:

First of the Num Lock key next to the (righthand side is a major f..ck up someone was clearly sleeping.
only solution is to remove that keycap and put it in the box hahaha ....

Second thing that surprised me was the left spacebar being the second backspace at first i was thinking what the hell..is going on.. :roll: yep i'm a bit slower on Saturday afternoon need a third shot of caffein ;)
But i can see the benefit of having it there not that i'm fully used to it but than again it has only bin 40min..

Let's brake it down.

- packaging ; looks great nice job Matias and fellow keyboard geeks for keeping it clean and good looking
- keyboard construction ; i have to say i am impressed how wel it's holding out that's a testimony to it's quality after sum clean up it looks like new..
- keycap printing ; a bit dull on sum letters but overal in great condition.
- keycap feel ; a couple of min ago i was typing on my FC660m with mx-clears.. with thick dysub PBT caps.
yesterday is switched from my FC660C so i can get used to a heavier switch..
They keys wobble a bit more on the Matias and this keyboard would be helped by sum nice thick pbt love..
i think it would improve the sound profile and eliminate sum wobble and perhaps sum of the resonance i'm hearing when i bottom out.

- switches ; that's a difficult one perhaps to early to say but they seem a bit lighter than my mx-clears.
one thing i did notice in regards to the difference between mx-clears and these Matias switches is that going past the actuation point one key press at a time i noticed that key presses don't register after the tactile bump (don't know if i'm explaining this correctly?) the switches don't feel as consistent as my mx-clear board.

- keyboard layout and extra function keys ; all the cut,copy,paste function keys don't seem to work on my osx 10.9 machine.
F1,F2,F3,F4 with and without fn key also don't work so no brightness control and so on...
Only thing that seems to work is volume up/down and mute. hahaha...

The wrist wrests are awesome btw..don't know how long they would last being made of soft material not leather or wood..
But they feel freaking awesome.. and as long as Matias provides replacements for this board there is no problem there.

i would recommend they make a couple of hard ones that perhaps last longer...
As this is my first day typing on this board these thoughts are not final.. :ugeek:

here are sum picks..
nice outer packaging.
nice outer packaging.
package.JPG (1.32 MiB) Viewed 34832 times
a bit of cleanup always a good idea..
a bit of cleanup always a good idea..
clean up.JPG (1.52 MiB) Viewed 34832 times
setup
setup
setup.JPG (1.7 MiB) Viewed 34832 times

Return to “Try before you buy”