Round 7 / ALGOL-style / Deadline 2018-11-30

eddible

13 Sep 2016, 15:14

7bit, will you be adding the ISO backslash and/or UK kit? Need to know before I can order anything otherwise I won't be able to use your ISO kits.

7bit

13 Sep 2016, 15:19

eddible wrote: 7bit, will you be adding the ISO backslash and/or UK kit? Need to know before I can order anything otherwise I won't be able to use your ISO kits.
I will add |\ , but UK kits are so many available from Round5 and 6, I don't want to have even more unsold keys:

Code: Select all

|sold|stock|price|   |
HONEYB/UK/GREY                 |   3|   19|    9|USD|UK grey kit
HONEYB/UK/RED                  |   2|   20|    9|USD|UK red kit
HONEYB/UK/SPH                  |   5|   17|    9|USD|UK grey kit
HONEYB/UK/BLUE                 |   5|   15|    9|USD|UK blue kit
HONEYB/UK/VIOLETT              |   1|   20|    9|USD|UK violett kit
HONEYB/UK/CREAM                |   5|   15|    9|USD|UK cream kit
HONEY/UK/BLACK                 |   5|   15|   10|USD|UK black language kit
BLUE, VIOLETT and CREAM are all the same colours, again.
:roll:

eddible

13 Sep 2016, 15:22

7bit wrote:
eddible wrote: 7bit, will you be adding the ISO backslash and/or UK kit? Need to know before I can order anything otherwise I won't be able to use your ISO kits.
I will add |\ , but UK kits are so many available from Round5 and 6, I don't want to have even more unsold keys:

Code: Select all

|sold|stock|price|   |
HONEYB/UK/GREY                 |   3|   19|    9|USD|UK grey kit
HONEYB/UK/RED                  |   2|   20|    9|USD|UK red kit
HONEYB/UK/SPH                  |   5|   17|    9|USD|UK grey kit
HONEYB/UK/BLUE                 |   5|   15|    9|USD|UK blue kit
HONEYB/UK/VIOLETT              |   1|   20|    9|USD|UK violett kit
HONEYB/UK/CREAM                |   5|   15|    9|USD|UK cream kit
HONEY/UK/BLACK                 |   5|   15|   10|USD|UK black language kit
BLUE, VIOLETT and CREAM are all the same colours, again.
Great stuff with the backslash, thank you! Fair enough with the UK kit itself, I don't mind the number keys not being spot on, just needed that backslash!

7bit

13 Sep 2016, 15:25

We had UK layout kits for every color in the last round, and the result is that most are unsold even though they are quite cheap.

Instead of UK-layout, you can have Romanian layout for the very first time ever:
:ugeek:

Wodan
ISO Advocate

13 Sep 2016, 15:31

JEGSHMESH!

Just force the UKkies unto the NORDE kit ... Out of the EU but into the NORDE kit!

ArchieTect

13 Sep 2016, 15:33

I was thinking "wow these colors look awfully familiar..." and realized that they are essentially the entire palette of Visual Studio 2015! especially with the violet being the best match we have to date for Microsoft's purple.

Since ALGOL was before my time, I will peck away in C# and honor it.

eddible

13 Sep 2016, 15:35

Wodan wrote:JEGSHMESH!

Just force the UKkies unto the NORDE kit ... Out of the EU but into the NORDE kit!
Haha! We voted to leave the EU and to eject ourselves from all future group buys. :(

eddible

13 Sep 2016, 15:36

7bit wrote:We had UK layout kits for every color in the last round, and the result is that most are unsold even though they are quite cheap.

Instead of UK-layout, you can have Romanian layout for the very first time ever:

Is there demand for a Romanian layout...?

jebbra

13 Sep 2016, 15:37

Oh it still on progress, okay will wait then.

Why you didn't make a kit for ortholinear? I know it can be obtained ordering separate kits but it will come very handy when grouped together and name it as ORTHO :mrgreen:

7bit

13 Sep 2016, 16:13

ArchieTect wrote: I was thinking "wow these colors look awfully familiar..." and realized that they are essentially the entire palette of Visual Studio 2015! especially with the violet being the best match we have to date for Microsoft's purple.

Since ALGOL was before my time, I will peck away in C# and honor it.
:shock:

ALGOL was definitely before almost anybody's time here in the forum, but I remember tons of ALGOL-style pseudo code in books.

The last time I used an IDE was in the early 1990s, shortly before I left the DOS-world for UNIX and never looked back.
:o

But OK, as long as you buy key caps, I will not complain.
:evilgeek:

7bit

13 Sep 2016, 16:16

eddible wrote:
7bit wrote:We had UK layout kits for every color in the last round, and the result is that most are unsold even though they are quite cheap.

Not more than UK layout.
:P

Again, there are blue and violett and violett on cream UK kits. Or just let me know which color you want and order at least 15 kits of it.

eddible

13 Sep 2016, 16:26

7bit wrote:
eddible wrote:

Not more than UK layout.
:P

Again, there are blue and violett and violett on cream UK kits. Or just let me know which color you want and order at least 15 kits of it.
Haha, you tease!

mecano

13 Sep 2016, 16:29

7bit wrote:
mecano wrote:
7bit wrote: Also: Try to guess what they mean.
:evilgeek:
Have no clue the two arrows with ! and ? could be use for, who needs an interrupt/panic or help key?
Also the left arrow looks like a ALGOL/CURSYM duplicate.

Is that really a coton iron symbol in ALGOL/MODSYM? What if I need to iron silk? :mrgreen:
The shift-style arrow with ? is search forward and with ! is replace forward.

That other arrow is backspace.
:o

Not sure about the iron symbols, maybe one too many. The idea behind them is to iron out errors, like undo or so
:lol:
Mmm something fishy about that iron symbol, is that a special command?
Because undo and redo are already in ALGOL/FUNSYM.

Backspace?
backspace
backspace
Capture d’écran 2016-09-13 à 16.21.49.png (14.58 KiB) Viewed 25283 times
Delete (being utterly conservative)?
delete
delete
Capture d’écran 2016-09-13 à 16.22.08.png (17.74 KiB) Viewed 25283 times

mecano

13 Sep 2016, 16:35

What about all R2 CURTEXT (in blue of course)?
I know I cut my first order from 4 to 1 set of these and now regreting it dearly, two more sets of these would have come handy. As they are sold out now…

segacontroller

13 Sep 2016, 16:49

I see black in the color options, but no black on the order sheet? Am I missing something?

7bit

13 Sep 2016, 17:16

mecano wrote: Mmm something fishy about that iron symbol, is that a special command?
Because undo and redo are already in ALGOL/FUNSYM.

Backspace?
backspace
Delete (being utterly conservative)?
delete
There are already the backspace arrow and the delete cross, which look much more elegant.

ischeinfeld

13 Sep 2016, 17:54

I know the purpose of the CADET style is primarily to pay homage to history, but a small set of alternate caps (an example below) would greatly enhance its usability.
minimal_change.jpg
minimal_change.jpg (29.49 KiB) Viewed 25162 times
Is there a plan for a Hyper7 layout and/or front-printed greek characters?

doom2

13 Sep 2016, 18:32

I'm new to the GB methods of 7bit. If I place an order, will I be sent a PayPal invoice only for the sets that go into production. For example, if I place an order for ALGOL/CADETBASE/VIOLETTCREAM as well as ALGOL/MOD100/RGB/CREAM, but only one meets MOQ, do I only get charged for one?

Another question: What sets do I need to fill an Ergodox? I know Round 6 had Ergo modifiers but I don't see any for Round 7.

nowai

13 Sep 2016, 18:35

ischeinfeld wrote: I know the purpose of the CADET style is primarily to pay homage to history, but a small set of alternate caps (an example below) would greatly enhance its usability.
minimal_change.jpg
I'd buy at least one of these and build a custom layer with the corresponding latex commands :D

7bit

13 Sep 2016, 19:54

ischeinfeld wrote: I know the purpose of the CADET style is primarily to pay homage to history, but a small set of alternate caps (an example below) would greatly enhance its usability.
minimal_change.jpg
Please give me a bit time for these things. There might be a Hyper 7 layout kit, but there are 7 HONEYB/HYPER7/CADET kits still available.

7bit

13 Sep 2016, 20:08

doom2 wrote: I'm new to the GB methods of 7bit. If I place an order, will I be sent a PayPal invoice only for the sets that go into production. For example, if I place an order for ALGOL/CADETBASE/VIOLETTCREAM as well as ALGOL/MOD100/RGB/CREAM, but only one meets MOQ, do I only get charged for one?

Another question: What sets do I need to fill an Ergodox? I know Round 6 had Ergo modifiers but I don't see any for Round 7.
No you will get payment instructions depending on your location. All items will be invoiced and if you don't pay your order might be cleared and you can not get the 25% rebate.

Example order:
ALGOL/CADETBASE/VIOLETTCREAM
ALGOL/MOD100/RGB/CREAM
ALGOL/SPACE625/CREAM 2
your e-mail address
ADDRESS
your shipping address
2-digit ISO country code (e.g. US or DE, or XY)

Until orders for ALGOL-style kits get locked, you will be able to get your money back, if a kit does not make it.

Those Ergodox kits, or blank keys in general are very expensive. The keys are cheaper but they count as a different color, because where the legends go in, there must be something of the same color as the key, which results often in blanks being more expansive than keys with legends. So, if I add these, I will double check before I fix the prices for them how much SP will really charge for them. The last time I lost a lot of money. Nobody who ordered an ERGODOX kit ever paid the price the keys really cost!
:o :shock:

7bit

13 Sep 2016, 20:14

segacontroller wrote: I see black in the color options, but no black on the order sheet? Am I missing something?
That color was necessary to make room for 7 and the alien.
;-)

However, I might add that color later. But first the other colors must make their way.
:-)

doom2

13 Sep 2016, 20:18

7bit wrote: Those Ergodox kits, or blank keys in general are very expensive. The keys are cheaper but they count as a different color, because where the legends go in, there must be something of the same color as the key, which results often in blanks being more expansive than keys with legends. So, if I add these, I will double check before I fix the prices for them how much SP will really charge for them. The last time I lost a lot of money. Nobody who ordered an ERGODOX kit ever paid the price the keys really cost!
:o :shock:
Ok thanks for the info! Any past rounds that have Ergo kits still available? If I wanted a "base" Ergodox set (so no modifiers) which ones from this round are the best fit? Like a 60% alpha set?

lukenukum

13 Sep 2016, 21:45

lukenukum wrote: these are MEGA. is the red and blue the same colour as the most recent honey kits?
so im pretty sure the main colours are the same values but the legends are in cream and not white yes?

...may have to buy another keyboard :-P

7bit

13 Sep 2016, 21:55

Colors are:
GDC, RA, VCS, BFP, RDE and WCK.
- GDC is new to the show
- RA has been used in Round 4 for red ESCAPE key etc.
- VCS is the same as in the inital run of VIM keys.
- BFP and
- RDE are the same as in Round 4 and 6
- WCK is similar to WV in Round 4. The current WV is totally different, so I had to change.
- WCK has been used for Cream Cheese and Green, BTW.
:cool:

mecano

13 Sep 2016, 22:30

7bit wrote: There are already the backspace arrow and the delete cross, which look much more elegant.
Agreed these are far more elegant. But if one can use a normal left arrow for backspace how about making some room for a brand new symbol?

Shouldn't the replace next be consistent with the replace symbol?
replace?
replace?
Capture d’écran 2016-09-13 à 22.25.34.png (5.5 KiB) Viewed 25041 times
draw/annotate/score/edit/bitmap/etc.
pencil
pencil
Capture d’écran 2016-09-13 à 22.23.50.png (13.71 KiB) Viewed 25041 times

mecano

13 Sep 2016, 23:17

7bit wrote: Colors are:
GDC, RA, VCS, BFP, RDE and WCK.
- GDC is new to the show
- RA has been used in Round 4 for red ESCAPE key etc.
- VCS is the same as in the inital run of VIM keys.
- BFP and
- RDE are the same as in Round 4 and 6
- WCK is similar to WV in Round 4. The current WV is totally different, so I had to change.
- WCK has been used for Cream Cheese and Green, BTW.
:cool:
Oh no not another grey!
Very cool to see RA back! R3 ESC and ESCSYM please? What about RETSYM100/RED?
Was there a R3 RA SEND key in Round 4?

7bit

14 Sep 2016, 00:03

mecano wrote:
7bit wrote: There are already the backspace arrow and the delete cross, which look much more elegant.
Agreed these are far more elegant. But if one can use a normal left arrow for backspace how about making some room for a brand new symbol?

Shouldn't the replace next be consistent with the replace symbol?
replace symbol?
draw/annotate/score/edit/bitmap/etc.
pencil
That is the revert or reload symbol.

niomosy

14 Sep 2016, 02:18

That green set is pretty interesting. Tempting to jump in on that one once funds are situated better. Curious to see what colors are being used.

ischeinfeld

14 Sep 2016, 07:02

nowai wrote:
minimal_change.jpg
I'd buy at least one of these and build a custom layer with the corresponding latex commands :D
Exactly my idea!

Return to “Group buys”