[IC] HADapter Round II (Pok3rFox, Diamonds, Splitkit) <= PRICES

For which Layout would you like to see the next HADapter kit?

WhiteFox (Focus on TrueFox)
28%
OLKB Planck/Preonic (See OP for layout)
19%
Pok3r (Mostly PN/FN mods)
43%
JD40/45like non-ortholinear 40% layouts
10%

Total votes: 134

Wodan
ISO Advocate

08 Sep 2016, 16:05

tofagerl wrote: I need all the caps who need stabs, really. I have a G81 kit...
Oh ... I mean that is nasty. You're talking about these "newer" thin PBT G81s with the weird stabilized keys?
All G81s with Thick-PBT caps or doubleshot ABS caps do NOT have this issue - they are fully compatible with common stabilizers. Just to avoid confusion here.

Well anyway, the HADapter kit wasn't really a complete solution here anyway lacking the right shift and backspace.

tofagerl

08 Sep 2016, 16:06

Which is perfect, since I don't use right shift, and I planned on moving backspace down one row :)

ideus

08 Sep 2016, 17:33

Wodan wrote:
tofagerl wrote: Could having the original HADapter kit as a third kit be an option...?
The HADapter Kit 1 was a little overpowered for quite a lot of users and has filled much of the demand for classic beige adapter kits I'm afraid. Selling 300 of this will take a very long time I'm afraid. If we scale it down a little and add 1-2 really desirable caps, we might get a few people who go for it again and a few people getting them because they're cheap. This time I am looking for a HADapter kit selling for <15€ (GB price) and a HADditionals kit that sells for 15-20€ with some real sugar in there.

In for another round of this; also, I'd like to see some 1u A profile mods, maybe some diamond ones.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

08 Sep 2016, 17:41

Well I am praying for this GB to happen:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=84121.0

This will give us a few VERY neat 1u diamond molds (R4/R5) for free and we can focus in getting other new molds for TEH COMMUNITYYY

copter
Last Man Standing

08 Sep 2016, 19:43

I would love to see ISO ENTER in the kit too. I know it can be obtained other ways too, but all keycap sets that I would like to use this kid has the older "bigass" enter that doesn't fit to moderns keyboards. But sure I can always buy some ISO DE kit as well.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

08 Sep 2016, 19:49

copter wrote: I would love to see ISO ENTER in the kit too. I know it can be obtained other ways too, but all keycap sets that I would like to use this kid has the older "bigass" enter that doesn't fit to moderns keyboards. But sure I can always buy some ISO DE kit as well.
I can send you an original Cherry ISO Enter for shipping costs
You're a DT Club member, after all :mrgreen:

Wazazaby

08 Sep 2016, 21:22

JD40 HADapter kit pls

Ichigo87

18 Sep 2016, 19:43

Hi,

R4 arrows would be nice for TKL board too.

And also a E with the €.
Last edited by Ichigo87 on 23 Sep 2016, 12:18, edited 1 time in total.

ideus

20 Sep 2016, 04:57

I wonder if you may consider a set like this:

Redhair

24 Sep 2016, 08:58

What about a HADapter kit for MX1800 Layouts?

Wodan
ISO Advocate

24 Sep 2016, 09:24

Redhair wrote: What about a HADapter kit for MX1800 Layouts?
That was available for 22$ as a part of a different GB just a little while ago. Don't think there is enough demand for 150 pc. of that again already

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=80942.0

kbdfr
The Tiproman

24 Sep 2016, 09:54

This was already discussed before in this same thread (discussion scattered all over the thread):
group-buys-f50/hadapter-kit-round-ii-t1 ... ml#p325223

The set offered on GH It was with English caps, the question is whether there would be sufficient demand for a German set.
Wodan doubts it, I think it’s possible, but hey, it’s Wodan who would be running such a GB :D

derzemel

24 Sep 2016, 09:59

I would love to see a kit that makes a normal white on black cherry/gmk keyset into 1800 compatible... I NEEEEED ONE BADLY... but I guess that it would gather very little interest

Redhair

26 Sep 2016, 16:09

Wodan wrote:
That was available for 22$ as a part of a different GB just a little while ago. Don't think there is enough demand for 150 pc. of that again already

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=80942.0
Missed that as I am not even registered there yet. Would have been a no-brainer. I'm All-in, only 149 to go! :lol:

Shihatsu

26 Sep 2016, 18:51

I aint got no 1800, but would be in, also - make that 148, wodan. Gogo! O, and btw regardless of the content of HADapter II and the hadditionals: count me in. Just for the sake of it.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

26 Sep 2016, 19:07

Yes, really nice layout:
1800 caps with flash.jpg
1800 caps with flash.jpg (435.99 KiB) Viewed 10560 times
:mrgreen:

Redhair

26 Sep 2016, 21:17

Leider geil :mrgreen:

R4WBIT

02 Oct 2016, 19:11

ideus wrote: I wonder if you may consider a set like this:

Those are exactly the keys I need. So I'm in for a kit like this!

tofagerl

02 Oct 2016, 22:20

What is this, A La Carte?

Wodan
ISO Advocate

07 Oct 2016, 08:29

Very happy to see this thread keeps getting input and stay active. Be sure that I will do my best to make this GB happen but I am planning to do a very extended IC phase this time. Unlike other GBs I will not be able to make changes to the kits once the GB has started so don't wait with your input until then. NOW is the time to speak up and bring in your ideas. Scheduled GB run time is Dec/Jan 2016/2017.

The concept this time will probably be three kits + space bars:

HADap Kit - the _VERY_ essentials: 1.25u mods, 6.25u space bar, center stem caps lock (Pok3r bottom row? PN, FN)

HAD40 _OR_ HADortho Kit - 40% or ortholinear adapter kit

HADiamonds - Diamond mods ULTRA PACK: 1u R4,R5 1.25u R4, 1.5u R4, R5 <= two each

You know you love it. Diamonds are a nerd's best friends!

Prelim

07 Oct 2016, 09:15

any chance for Dolch HADap?

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

07 Oct 2016, 09:26

Any chance of adapter set for triumph adler typewriters?

Wodan
ISO Advocate

07 Oct 2016, 10:11

Prelim wrote: any chance for Dolch HADap?
No, Dolch is far too rare and expensive to sell 150 adapters. I'd be surprised to find 150 Dolch owners in the GH/DT community and they still had to buy one set each. I haven't seen a Dolch on German Ebay since I started scanning it for keyboards but theres probably been like 100 HAD sets in the same period. This might be more of a SP Adapter GB set with a MOQ of 25 in DCS profile. I actually believe that did happen a while ago, long before my time though.
hypkx wrote: Any chance of adapter set for triumph adler typewriters?
If you are talking about the dyesb blue PBT caps, I am afraid GMK will not get a good color matching for the grey PBT base color. While this is certainly an interesting idea, I am a little uneasy with the concept of making an ABS adapter kit for a PBT keycap set. Would be awesome if we could get a dye subbed cherry profile adapter kit for this from Asia. Really hoping for IMSTOs return.

Khers

07 Oct 2016, 10:38

Maybe not for HADII, but would you ever consider running a complete modifier GB? That would give a little freedom colorwise, but colors could be chosen to match Cherry's beige. I happen to think that a complete mod-set in cr on 2b would look amazing together with beige alphas...

Wodan
ISO Advocate

07 Oct 2016, 11:14

Yeah I can see that happen ... HAD&Friends ;)

cmd

07 Oct 2016, 19:56

kbdfr wrote: Yes, really nice layout:
1800 caps with flash.jpg
:mrgreen:
This this this :D :D :D

1u bottom row :D :D :D

duynguyenle

07 Oct 2016, 20:27

Wodan wrote: Yeah I can see that happen ... HAD&Friends ;)
+1!

jbondeson

07 Oct 2016, 20:32

Upshot of doing 1u bottom row caps is it helps for the right side of the ISO WhiteFox as well.

Thumper
knock knock

07 Oct 2016, 23:39

jbondeson wrote:Upshot of doing 1u bottom row caps is it helps for the right side of the ISO WhiteFox as well.
+1

ideus

08 Oct 2016, 06:14

HADiamonds for me, take my money. Would you consider a set of seven, six and a quarter and a six units space bars?

Return to “Group buys”