Stuff you just bought

mecano

18 Oct 2016, 20:22

gogusrl wrote: Don't screw with my screw :)

It's gonna replace the awesome looking / shitty sounding Sennheiser MD 402-K. Before I found the Beyerdynamic I was thinking of pulling everything out and sticking a regular mic inside the the case so I can keep the looks and have it usable as well.
Oh please don't do that until the capsule is rotten/stuck, these are cool mics for recording guitar cabs.
Too bad it has jack output, model U is more easy to work with being XLR. Should be unbalanced.
If you want to get rid of it, drop me a line.

Phenix
-p

18 Oct 2016, 20:44

hypkx, you were faster than I with the planck

davkol

18 Oct 2016, 21:05

I did *not* buy an Ergotron WorkFit system with a 90% discount, because I couldn't justify wasting whole day on picking it up in person, and I'm bitter about it. :cry: :( :cry:

I have just ordered a Roccat Kova Pure with a 50% discount. I've been using Mionix Avior SK left-handed for a few months now, and it's a nice mouse, but I miss the Roccat's great GNU/Linux drivers and EasyShift. So Kova it is, hopefully.

I've also bought my third "obsolete" Xperia smartphone in a row. I love the size and shape of Xperia Mini, but mine is slowly dying (at least camera and audio jack are unusable by now). :evil:
I got Xperia Ray to replace it… it's the same five-year-old hardware basically, the size is still okay (on the plus side, the hi-res screen is actually usable for reading), but there's a hardware/firmware bug, that makes it completely unusable on hot summer days—capacitive "buttons" get automatically activated sometimes even several times every second. :evil:
I'd love to get the same thing, but in actually working condition and with updated hardware (BT 4.0 LE support would suffice). I haven't found anything under 4", though, which is a big deal for me… I tried several smartphones, that were on display in a local store—the smallest they had was 4.5"—and none fitted in my palm. I don't even have Drumpf-tiny hands. :? The only justifiable products, that I've found since then, are Xperia M and LG G2 Mini, either is three years old already.
Anyway, I bought a cheap second-hand Xperia M, it was in great condition, "only" encrypted. Idiot me didn't do proper research. Yeah, so now I have yet another defective smartphone. It suffers from the "Ebola" bug, i.e., the eMMC is dead. :evil: Oh well. At least I'll be learning smartphone repair next. :?
/rant

Keyboard-wise, I've also bought half a dozen broken gaming keyboards for parts. There was fish sauce spilled in one of them. :x (Why isn't there a vomiting smilie? :?:)
LifeProTip: WD-40 is great for removing sticky stickers. :idea: Now I need to figure out how to remove the greasiness, though. :roll:

wobbled

18 Oct 2016, 23:37

I can't seem to stop buying keyboards, just noticed Unicomp were selling some new in box model m's on their site. Granted they're the later Lexmark models but I just couldn't pass up the $80 deal.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

18 Oct 2016, 23:44

wobbled wrote: I can't seem to stop buying keyboards...
You're not alone in that here. ;) :lol: Although once you get most of what you want to try or set out to get things start to mellow out. Unobtanium is the joker, get lucky or have more patience.

wobbled

18 Oct 2016, 23:53

seebart wrote:
You're not alone in that here. ;) :lol: Although once you get most of what you want to try or set out to get things start to mellow out. Unobtanium is the joker, get lucky or have more patience.
I don't even know if it will start to mellow out. I literally buy multiples of the same keyboard sometimes because I can't bare to see them sold to another person and I have become somewhat obsessive. There's something wrong with me! :lol:

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

19 Oct 2016, 00:07

wobbled wrote:
seebart wrote:
I don't even know if it will start to mellow out. I literally buy multiples of the same keyboard sometimes because I can't bare to see them sold to another person and I have become somewhat obsessive. There's something wrong with me! :lol:
Well then you're worse than me. :lol: But it's OK don't worry. :P

wiki/Seebart

OleVoip

19 Oct 2016, 10:42

Dra wrote: Image
CSC Computer Keyboard, you can already see some of that PCB shining through the back :D
I'm hoping it's Siemens STB although I would be happy with RAFI as well
It surely has STBs. I saw the auction but had no time to take care of it, so I only added the item to my watch list. When I found time for going through it on Sunday, it was already gone. I was worried and thought about contacting the seller, because it has those elliptical relabeling caps on the function keys, which I previously only new from the Siemens catalogue but I have never seen them on a real board. So please do make pictures of them that we can add to the wiki.
Also interesting, but not unusual for small-market boards of the mid-1980s, is the blend of German with bitpaired ISO for the labels.
So, congratulations, good news that it's you who's got it.

E3E

19 Oct 2016, 15:07

wobbled wrote: [...] because I can't bare to see them sold to another person and I have become somewhat obsessive. There's something wrong with me! :lol:
D:

You seem like a dragon hoarding treasure. :P

I guess I can't say I'm that much better. I have like fiv--er SIX Xerox keyboards that are all very similar to each other yet I don't want to sell any of them.

Though going out of your way to buy more so others can't have them... Do I do that? I'm not sure if I do, but if I did, it seems a little cruel. :lol:

emdude
Model M Apologist

20 Oct 2016, 00:51

Is the 6110344 the F122 with those sweet blue sub-legends?

Also, the keyboard was apparently manufactured in mid-1986, is that possible? From what I had previously seen, I thought F122s were only made up into 1985.

(The photo of the keyboard is pretty bad, but I think I can spot a missing key at the bottom-left corner; hope it isn't hard to replace)

alh84001
v.001

20 Oct 2016, 00:58

Oh, man, where do you keep finding these 6110344s :) Keycap in the lower left is the one with small square with a right arrow pointing to the bigger square. It also has something printed on the front. y11971alex got one recently so he might help you get a better pic, but I would say it is not that common a keycap.

emdude
Model M Apologist

20 Oct 2016, 01:10

I feel I was quite lucky with this one, stumbled onto this on eBay and nabbed it for about ~$60 shipped, a very fair price in my opinion.

The photos of the board are pretty bad and the date seems odd to me, but when I was pretty thrilled when I saw that it was listed as a 6110344 keyboard. :o

It looks like the missing key is normally 'Setup' on other F122s, hmmm, I guess if I can't find a replacement I'd be okay with that key, since the legend is blue too. ;)

y11971alex

20 Oct 2016, 01:13

alh84001 wrote: Oh, man, where do you keep finding these 6110344s :) Keycap in the lower left is the one with small square with a right arrow pointing to the bigger square. It also has something printed on the front. y11971alex got one recently so he might help you get a better pic, but I would say it is not that common a keycap.
Yes, but my keycaps are one part, not the double layer type on the Model M. :geek:

Is that supposed to be better or worse?

alh84001
v.001

21 Oct 2016, 14:46

Just got this. Should be model M like.

Nuum

21 Oct 2016, 15:06

Wow, looks awesome! It would be fun to get the display to work.

alh84001
v.001

21 Oct 2016, 15:11

It absolutely would! But from the looks of the keyboard, I would say that the logic was in the typewriter body. We'll see :)

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

22 Oct 2016, 17:20

alh84001 wrote: Just got this. Should be model M like.
I wanted also to buy something like this, but the seller wanted don't wanted to ship the typewriter and he said it is not possible to plug the cable from external keyboard out.

Btw I bought some 55g springs for my next project.

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

24 Oct 2016, 00:07

Bought two Model Ms more.
IMG_20161023_210335.jpg
IMG_20161023_210335.jpg (3.98 MiB) Viewed 4456 times
The others.
IMG_20161023_212207.jpg
IMG_20161023_212207.jpg (3.52 MiB) Viewed 4456 times

andrewjoy

01 Nov 2016, 18:26

gogusrl

01 Nov 2016, 19:27

Awesome, I'm thinking of getting one the korean ones from ebay @ 40" / 4k. Pretty sure I can't afford yours :)

Khers

01 Nov 2016, 20:12

I picked up a new router, a switch and an AP on my way home from work today.

andrewjoy

01 Nov 2016, 20:21

gogusrl wrote: Awesome, I'm thinking of getting one the korean ones from ebay @ 40" / 4k. Pretty sure I can't afford yours :)

its just over 500 GBP

the Korean ones are good but i want the support and returns from a UK distro.

Same panel as far as i know.

ohaimark
Kingpin

01 Nov 2016, 20:46

I just picked up the Cyrillic M2 that was posted in the Great Finds thread. Its caps will go on my Lexmark M15, which should make for an exotic combination.
Attachments
cyril.jpg
cyril.jpg (273.94 KiB) Viewed 4348 times

andrewjoy

01 Nov 2016, 21:45

That is a nice set of caps :)

if you ever scrap the rest of the board i could do with a few springs

ohaimark
Kingpin

01 Nov 2016, 23:10

andrewjoy wrote: That is a nice set of caps :)

if you ever scrap the rest of the board i could do with a few springs
Thanks! PM'd you.

alh84001
v.001

01 Nov 2016, 23:44

And if you don't have a need for backaspace and 0/Ins keycap, let me know :)

amospalla
let's go

02 Nov 2016, 19:09

andrewjoy wrote: IIYAMA Prolite X4071UHSU

http://iiyama.com/gb_en/products/prolite-x4071uhsu-b1/

Oh what a great purchase. My current setup is composed by 4 full hd displays (not exactly, one of them is a 4:3 1600x1200).

I would like to replace them all by one 40" 4k and use it with 4 split video sources, but I will have to wait until the day mines suddenly break down at the same time to justify it.

Are you using it as a whole display or doing some split?

andrewjoy

02 Nov 2016, 20:03

whole display but i will manage it with the windows snap to corner

Phenix
-p

02 Nov 2016, 20:44

how is the overall use with windows? I thought they would lag a bit.
That's why I am just using an 27" 4k LG monitor..

webwit
Wild Duck

02 Nov 2016, 21:20

andrewjoy wrote: IIYAMA Prolite X4071UHSU
What a catchy product name :mrgreen:

Return to “News”