Round 5 and Round 6 kits for sale!

gnmar2723

25 Nov 2016, 22:26

zslane wrote: There must be other fees because I made a PayPal payment once, and I paid in USD. The collector collected in USD. Why then did I pay a fee?
Was it an invoice? Invoices always have fees no matter what currency. If you just use F&F to request or send money in the same currency there shouldn't be a fee, at least that's what my experience has been.

zslane

25 Nov 2016, 22:28

No, it wasn't a PayPal invoice, it was the 7bot invoice. It had a % fee in it for using PayPal. But if there are no fees for going from USD to USD, then there must be other fees being incurred.

gnmar2723

25 Nov 2016, 22:38

infodroid

25 Nov 2016, 22:39

7bit wrote: Simple: my PayPal account is locked and I could not get it running again.
Try again!! Keep trying until you succeed. Following PayPal procedures is a pain but it is not impossible.

Tyr

26 Nov 2016, 01:00

zslane wrote: There must be other fees because I made a PayPal payment once, and I paid in USD. The collector collected in USD. Why then did I pay a fee?
There's 2 kind of fees:
- currency conversion fee
- Paypal transaction fee

The second one varies on wether both are in the same country, if the payment is made from credit card or not, if it's a gift or not, etc. You will often see people selling stuff stipulating that this fee is to be paid by the buyer, not the seller.

deniedscout

27 Nov 2016, 06:35

Did PMK remove the status page?

zslane

27 Nov 2016, 08:34

It should be here: http://pimpmykeyboard.com/whats-new/

But it doesn't matter much right now since it lists no upcoming keycap sets.

7bit

27 Nov 2016, 10:49

I'm quite sure I will have finished sorting by the end of the upcomming week.
:o

To all people who pay in EUR: I need your money to pay for shipping!
:shock:

7bit

27 Nov 2016, 19:39

Thereare some extra kits available:

Code: Select all

HONEYB/ALPHA/E/SPH             |$65|ALPHA grey kit
HONEYB/ALPHA/E/VIOLETT         |$65|ALPHA violett kit
HONEYB/ISO/BLUE                |$14|ISO blue kit
HONEYB/UK/SPH                  | $9|UK grey kit
HONEYB/UK/BLUE                 | $9|UK blue kit
HONEYB/UK/VIOLETT              | $9|UK violett kit
HONEYB/UK/CREAM                | $9|UK cream kit
HONEYB/US/VIOLETT              |$29|US violett kit
HONEYB/INTER/SPH               |$45|Inter kit (DE,DK,NO,SE)
HONEYB/INTER/CREAM             |$45|Inter kit (DE,DK,NO,SE)
HONEYB/COLEMAK/SPH             |$19|COLEMAK SPH-grey
HONEYB/HHKBMOD/VIOLETT         |$21|Modifier keys for HHKB
HONEYB/F1TOF12/VIOLETT         |$12|F1-F12 (row 1, 1 unit)
HONEYB/FUNCTION/VIOLETT        |$39|Function (row 1-4;1 u)
HONEYB/FUNCTION3/BLUE          |$32|Function (row 1-4)
HONEYB/SPACE400/BLUE           | $7|Space (4u; blue)
HONEYB/SPACE400/VIOLETT        | $7|Space (4u; violett)
HONEYB/SPACE400/CREAM          | $7|Space (4u; cream)
HONEYB/SPACE625/SPH            | $5|Space (6.25u; grey)
HONEYB/SPACE700/BLUE           | $7|Space (7u; blue)

zslane

27 Nov 2016, 20:15

Tyr wrote:
There's 2 kind of fees:
- currency conversion fee
- Paypal transaction fee

The second one varies on wether both are in the same country, if the payment is made from credit card or not, if it's a gift or not, etc. You will often see people selling stuff stipulating that this fee is to be paid by the buyer, not the seller.
Right, so there will be the two fees as listed in the "International sales" row of the PayPal help text. A 3.9% transaction fee plus a fixed fee for currency conversion. Does the PAYPAL kit add enough to the invoice amount to cover both fees? If not, then the proxy is stuck with paying the difference out of his own pocket.

7bit

27 Nov 2016, 20:38

Rubbish!!!

There are 2 amounts: money received and money paid. money received is with all fees subtracted, so it is the amount that is really there. For simplicity, the bot takes 4% to roughly cover those fees. Because of those per transaction fees, small payments cost a bit more than those 4% but on avarage there is not much loss.
:-)

zslane

27 Nov 2016, 20:41

I appreciate the merits of keeping the bot simple. If 4% is enough to cover the 3.9% international sales transaction fee plus the fixed currency conversion fee, then there's no problem. If not, well who is expected to cover the difference? The proxy?

7bit

27 Nov 2016, 20:47

The rest is covered by the prices. If only one package is lost and I have to re-ship from the reserve, or have to refund, the loss is higher.

But again:

PP collector receives x $$$ and sends x $$$ to SP. No loss for the PP collector, but a 5% VIP rebate on all his orders!

zslane

27 Nov 2016, 22:24

Right, okay, I understand now.

I might be able to help out here. I need to look into a couple of things on my end first.

Ail

28 Nov 2016, 00:23

Was thinking the same thing. If I start a new PP account, and get it verified, what are the chances Paypal will lock it or look into it with suspicion if I start taking large payments straight away? I can't risk getting my main account locked because I use it for so many things, but if I can start a fresh new account and start collecting, I may consider it.

zslane

28 Nov 2016, 02:50

It won't be large payments, it will be lots of little payments. I started a new account and am awaiting instructions from 7bit as to how to test and proceed.

Ail

28 Nov 2016, 03:49

I'll setup a new account tomorrow and go from there.

rasness

29 Nov 2016, 08:47

this is looking great for people who have yet to make payment! but what about the ones who already made payment to previous collectors like SL89? is it still a 'wait-and-see' situation for us?

Wodan
ISO Advocate

29 Nov 2016, 09:00

Damn guys this sounds so amazing. Two new PayPal collectors starting up ...

If any of you guys get in trouble, please just leave a short message here so we all know what's up :)

Griffy

29 Nov 2016, 15:21

7bit wrote: a 5% VIP rebate on all his orders!

I think this did the trick :mrgreen:

phinix

29 Nov 2016, 16:06

Did all previous money collectors pay all money to SP?

Ail

29 Nov 2016, 18:17

Wodan wrote: Damn guys this sounds so amazing. Two new PayPal collectors starting up ...

If any of you guys get in trouble, please just leave a short message here so we all know what's up :)
Well I can tell you my first hurdle was using a misspelled e-mail address to register the account. :lol: I was waiting all day for a confirmation e-mail from Paypal and realized when I got to work today I misspelled the address and that's why I never got it.

Baby steps. :twisted: :oops:

Ail

29 Nov 2016, 18:26

GriffDeLaGriff wrote:
7bit wrote: a 5% VIP rebate on all his orders!

I think this did the trick :mrgreen:
Definitely not, that's actually insulting. :lol: :roll:

I want my own novelty keycap in round 7. :idea:

zslane

29 Nov 2016, 18:55

7bit has all the info for my proxy PayPal account. Just waiting for him to do whatever he needs to do on his end and then make the announcement.

7bit

29 Nov 2016, 19:54

I thought you wanted them to pay one by one very slowly, to not stir up any dust.
:?

Except for some small kits, everything is sorted, so I will start to ship on Friday.

cihusss

29 Nov 2016, 19:57

7bit wrote: I will have all the blue and SPH-grey kits finished by tomorrow, so I can start with the violett and cream keys on Friday.
:roll:

At this speed I will be able to send out all orders for the firts half before Christmas 2016!
7bit: Does this mean I'll be getting my cream/violet by Christmas? :D

segacontroller

29 Nov 2016, 20:40

If our order is split in both phases, do they ship immediately, or must we wait?

Also, please someone transfer a black 225 shift to me :)

HONEYB/SIXTYBASE/BLACK |SIXTY base black kit |49.00| 1| 13| 49.00
HONEYB/ALPHA/BLACK |ALPHA black kit |59.00| 1| 49| 59.00
HONEYB/MODBASE125/VIOLETT |Modifier base violett |24.00| 1| 8| 24.00
HONEYB/ESCAPE/BLACK |ESCAPE (row 1, 1 unit) | 2.00| 1| 1| 2.00
HONEYB/ESCAPE/VIOLETT |ESCAPE (row 1, 1 unit) | 2.00| 1| 1| 2.00
HONEYB/BACKSPACE200/VIOLETT|BACK SPACE (row 1, 2u) | 6.00| 1| 1| 6.00
HONEYB/RETURN225/RED |RETURN (row 3, 2.25u) | 6.00| 1| 1| 6.00
HONEYB/RETURN225/VIOLETT |RETURN (row 3, 2.25u) | 6.00| 1| 1| 6.00
HONEYB/SPACE625/BLACK |Space (6.25u; black) | 6.00| 1| 1| 6.00
HONEYB/MODSYM100/RED |Modifier symbols red | 9.00| 1| 9| 9.00
HONEYB/MODSYM100/BLACK |Modifier symbols black | 9.00| 1| 9| 9.00
HONEYB/CAPSLOCK175S/RED |CAPS LOCK (r 3, 1.75 u) | 6.00| 1| 1| 6.00
HONEYB/CAPSLOCK175S/BLACK |CAPS LOCK (r 3, 1.75 u) | 6.00| 1| 1| 6.00
HONEYB/SHIFT225/VIOLETT |SHIFT (row 4, 2.25u) | 5.00| 2| 2| 10.00
HONEYB/SHIFT275/VIOLETT |SHIFT (row 4, 2.75u) | 9.00| 1| 1| 9.00

zslane

29 Nov 2016, 22:10

7bit wrote: I thought you wanted them to pay one by one very slowly, to not stir up any dust.
Was this directed to me?

If so, the PayPal account I opened is a business account, and so there should be no restrictions on the amount of payments I can receive or the amount of money I can receive. People can pay whenever they wish, starting right now.

Ail

29 Nov 2016, 23:34

zslane wrote:
7bit wrote: I thought you wanted them to pay one by one very slowly, to not stir up any dust.
Was this directed to me?

If so, the PayPal account I opened is a business account, and so there should be no restrictions on the amount of payments I can receive or the amount of money I can receive. People can pay whenever they wish, starting right now.
Is there a difference using the business account? Is the IRS going to come knock the door down in April?
Last edited by Ail on 29 Nov 2016, 23:47, edited 1 time in total.

zslane

29 Nov 2016, 23:45

Ail wrote:
zslane wrote:
Was this directed to me?

Is there are difference using the business account? Is the IRS going to come knock the door down in April?
I'm not sure. But even if PayPal sends me a 1099, I will simply be deducting the entire amount as expenses since it will all be going to SP. The taxable income line item shouldn't be affected.

Return to “Group buys”