[IC] AwoozVan - Aruz & Monterey compatible MiniVan

Dra

24 Jan 2017, 21:14

Hey,

I'm helping evangs organize a (probably small) run of the MiniVan - this time supporting the Aruz switches as well as Monterey/SMK switches.

Since both these switches have an MX/Alps incompatible footprint it's rather hard to find support for them, so we put together a form to see if we can get at least 20 people interested in a kit that'll give you the option of having a very small keyboard with some rather rare switches

Form:
https://goo.gl/forms/CLEJFDcv7AzDF2za2

lolpes

24 Jan 2017, 21:39

Hi, I have a Tai-Hao Aruz board with blue aruz switches (Fame TH-5539) and Yes I would be very interested in getting a minivan kit, but in order to accommodate a bit better the switches and Caps is it possible to also provide a correspondent roadkit? This may be asking for too much, but given the scarcity of the caps and corresponding switches, it would seem appropriate to use up as much of the keyboard and caps as possible :)

Tuntematon

09 Feb 2017, 10:46

I'd love an Aruz/SMK compatible board but I really can't get behind the layout, 40% keyboards are just absurd to me. It would be neat to have but I wouldn't use it :(

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

09 Feb 2017, 11:16

I would also buy one.

gogusrl

09 Feb 2017, 11:17

I'd be much more interested in one with space invaders support. and in a 65% layout if possible :D

Dra

09 Feb 2017, 15:25

Tuntematon wrote: I'd love an Aruz/SMK compatible board but I really can't get behind the layout, 40% keyboards are just absurd to me. It would be neat to have but I wouldn't use it :(
I'm kind of in the same boat,
Spoiler:
there might be a 60% plate/PCB in the future tho
and a custom space invader board would be lovely, but finding keycaps for it would be even more of a pain

Daniel Beardsmore

09 Feb 2017, 19:34

It's worth noting that you may still be able to buy the MX mount versions:

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?Se ... ard+switch

It's not a guarantee, as the stock may have run out, and some sellers sell you white clicky ones instead of orange linear ones. (It took me a couple of tries before I got actual orange ones.)

However, if you prefer SMK over other brands, you may find this to be a winning combination. (Alternatively, you could use this to get Cherry keycaps on your K110/MiniTouch.)

The linear ones are lubricated and very smooth, by the way.

Return to “Group buys”