Round 6: The Cappening

lolpes

07 Feb 2017, 23:36

This was my dream case and basicaly I went into the hobbie to try and make my own keyboard. I first started with an acrylic case made by me, and when this case finally went into production, I had to get it!

btw here is my home made case, a bit of offtopic, maybe should put round6 keycaps on it to make it on topic :p

Menuhin

08 Feb 2017, 01:03

That low profile case was made by you?! :shock: That looks nice indeed.
The high profile case is the "Acrylic CNC 60% housing" - a collaboration between a Finland member and a Vietnamese member, if my guess is correct, and its GB ran only once.

To be on topic again, :oops:
I think the Round 6 phase 2 WHITE alpha kit with possibly the GREY modifiers will look good in your acrylic case(s).

lolpes

08 Feb 2017, 09:48

That is true, the GB only ran once, although he did make a few of them in 75% format for the current 75% aluminium case GB.

I would agree with you if I didn't like this set so much xD the only set for me that would probably look better that the one I have now is the upcoming hyperfuse SA.

I do agree that with the underglow off the caps don't look as good, but with it on and in blue color, takes it to a different level :D

rominronin

08 Feb 2017, 12:58

I'm always the first to tell people to post photos, so despite only having received scraps, I'm posting them anyway...

P.S. Anyone want to sell me f1-f12 keys? ;)
Enjoy...

7bit

08 Feb 2017, 13:09

There are no photos.
:roll:

rominronin

08 Feb 2017, 13:35

Doch. There are. I checked in Chrome and in Firefox (where I'm not logged into imgur) and on mobile.

eekee

10 Feb 2017, 13:37

7bit wrote: There are no photos.
:roll:
The only photos I'm not seeing are yours. :lol: Maybe they were rehosted, someone else posted them on page two.

usopia

10 Feb 2017, 23:06

rominronin wrote: [...]
If that was meant serious: could offer you a F1-F12 kit in white or black from Round 5.
:)

My new Leopold Numpad:
P1010685b.jpg
P1010685b.jpg (370.27 KiB) Viewed 6675 times

rominronin

11 Feb 2017, 06:28

usopia wrote:
rominronin wrote: [...]
If that was meant serious: could offer you a F1-F12 kit in white or black from Round 5.
:)

My new Leopold Numpad:
P1010685b.jpg

Pm'd!

lolpes

11 Feb 2017, 12:21

Some more pics with better light, and I think these ones for me show the caps look a lot better on the case, if not, then it really is just my personnal preference :p

With Underglow

rominronin

11 Feb 2017, 18:52

@lolpes - That's a really nice case, what is it and where did you get it from?

lolpes

11 Feb 2017, 19:16

It came from a GB over at geekhack, named 60% feetless acrylic case :)

zslane

11 Feb 2017, 19:17

That's pretty cool. It looks like Space Cadet on Ice!

Griffy

16 Feb 2017, 22:07

Should I use just the left-right hand? I only have row-1 greys. :?

All caps are o-ringed with different combinations of thicknesses on different rows.

With a tribute cap to @7bit :mrgreen:

//edit// pics on page 6 /

I should put the grey I, II, III, IV on the top of the numpad.
Last edited by Griffy on 22 Sep 2017, 19:18, edited 1 time in total.

zslane

16 Feb 2017, 22:36

I admire your dogged determination in the face of kit unavailability!

Griffy

16 Feb 2017, 22:41

Its really all win. It gets me a fully functioning keyboard long before the Dancer comes, and buying it help my Honeywell set aswell, plus its growing on me.

What would you do with the left/right/up/down? Just keep 2? Im liking it as they are if I see the grey-square, but unliking it if I see the blue-L

zslane

16 Feb 2017, 23:00

Well, I have the gray block with an inverted-L shape in blue around it, and I designed my board like that quite on purpose! If you don't mind all the strange legends you've got going on there, I say just keep it as it is!

Griffy

16 Feb 2017, 23:13

Well there are no more cursorbase or f-keys but im very happy to have gotten the right rows and color wich to me is the most important thing. I have many spares so maybe i can trade to some of them if im Lucky. I got a complete hyper7 pad, many r1, some r3 and a little bag of blue mods.

Griffy

16 Feb 2017, 23:20

Btw im in Norway lol so some legends might seem wierd to you but are right for me. My entire alpha and numbers are correct, only bottom row of mods plus bsp is wrong all other mods are perfect.

zslane

16 Feb 2017, 23:30

Your F-row legends are mostly for "fun" and certainly not function-accurate in most cases, right?

I'm waiting for a FUNCTION3 kit to arrive from 7bit so I can replace F2, F3, and RUB OUT with RENAME, SEARCH, and ALPHA LOCK respectively. After that, my board is done.

BTW, for anyone looking at this thread, please be aware that in person the BLUE keycaps look a lot more like lolpes' final photo than Griff's photos.

Griffy

16 Feb 2017, 23:40

Yeah f-keys and cursorbase are random to get the right color and rows sice those kits are gone.

Im using mobile camera under heavy officelight with a yucky yellow wood-desk so colors are off. I dropped my systemcamera so its broken. But beware that colors may differ on different monitors aswell unless you have calibrated it with a good probe.

Wonder how the Dasher will turn out on "film" in my environment hehe.

zslane

16 Feb 2017, 23:56

You have a point with regard to monitor calibration. My monitor isn't calibrated perfectly, yet I note that lolpes' photo (especially the last one) more closely matches what I see when I look at the keyboard in front of me.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

17 Feb 2017, 08:32

Biggest problem with off-colors is usually the light used in the picture ...

I get surprisingly great colors on the iPad Pro, this might be an alternative to some ...

Griffy

17 Feb 2017, 15:31

Here we go.

zslane

17 Feb 2017, 19:03

Feh. Looks too desaturated to me.

I like that coiled cable though! It really goes great with this set.

Griffy

17 Feb 2017, 19:56

Yeah I desaturated them some, but thats not the point, I changed to grey numbers on the numpad. :)

Im never gonna get the colors right because the room has mane strong flourescent lights, so try to ignore the colors :P

Cable is from that cable-seller in the marketplace. Really solid and well made. Mine is black with transparent net over. They get that grey look and with white shrink-terminates they were designed to match the honeywell set. I fully recomend his cables event tho I havent tried any others they are good enough for me. The coil needs some adjusting to have it look perfect if you mess about alot and it doesnt behave like the originals, but its just for aestethics so.

zslane

17 Feb 2017, 20:09

Nice choice to go with the roman numerals above the numpad. That's what I did on my board.

I have a fabric Pexon coiled cable in gunmetal gray and it is really nice. Coiled cables are so wonderfully retro!

krutmob

15 Mar 2017, 23:32

My little project handwire board is coming along.
Attachments
IMG_1640.JPG
IMG_1640.JPG (884.92 KiB) Viewed 6309 times

eddible

25 Mar 2017, 01:04

I've been waiting for this case since October! Was worth the wait!
Attachments
IMG_1481.JPG
IMG_1481.JPG (404.42 KiB) Viewed 6242 times

mrbill

27 Mar 2017, 19:30

Re-ship of my order finally arrived, and it looks great. This is my board at work.
Can't wait to build up a board at home and put the fancy set with the glyphs, on it.

Return to “Gallery”