Capsense Canada Tour

y11971alex

07 Mar 2017, 17:57

I have an idea to tour two classic capsense keyboards, the IBM 5251 and the Topre Realforce. This won't happen for another two months or so, because I need to procure an xwhatsit's converter to make the 5251 usable.

But because of the prodigious weight of the 5251 keyboard, I think I can only use a rather strange format. Instead of using the postal service to ship this across the continent, I'm proposing that we meet with the next user in queue, at a place convenient to both, to deliver the keyboards. Only when we ship the keyboards to the other side of the country do we resort to Canada Post.

I realize that I'm not exactly a very senior member in this forum, but some contribution is better than nothing.

Harshmallow

09 Mar 2017, 01:38

y11971alex wrote: I have an idea to tour two classic capsense keyboards, the IBM 5251 and the Topre Realforce. This won't happen for another two months or so, because I need to procure an xwhatsit's converter to make the 5251 usable.

But because of the prodigious weight of the 5251 keyboard, I think I can only use a rather strange format. Instead of using the postal service to ship this across the continent, I'm proposing that we meet with the next user in queue, at a place convenient to both, to deliver the keyboards. Only when we ship the keyboards to the other side of the country do we resort to Canada Post.

I realize that I'm not exactly a very senior member in this forum, but some contribution is better than nothing.

You know I'm down for this! At least 3 of us live within minutes of each other, but I think Snuci already has a 5251.

y11971alex

09 Mar 2017, 06:12

Did you drop by the Toronto meet up?

Harshmallow

09 Mar 2017, 17:30

y11971alex wrote: Did you drop by the Toronto meet up?
No, when was it?
Last edited by Harshmallow on 09 Mar 2017, 17:42, edited 2 times in total.

y11971alex

09 Mar 2017, 17:39

Harshmallow wrote:
No, when was it?
Feb. 18 :shock:

Harshmallow

09 Mar 2017, 17:39

y11971alex wrote:
Harshmallow wrote:
No, when was it?
Feb. 18 :shock:
Guess I didn't get that memo...that's a bummer.

Edit: I'm not active on GH or Reddit, I found the thread using google just now. That must be why I didn't notice it.

Return to “Try before you buy”