Logitech MX Master STONE!

cookie

05 Apr 2017, 23:50

Hey everybody,

my prayers were answered!
I just came across the logitech mx master in stone optic and as it matches the HHKB just fine :)

Can't wait to finally get mine for work, the cable of my old and nasty G9 is very annoying.
I thought it might be of interest for some of you guys.

Have a nice evening!

micrex22

09 Apr 2017, 20:23

I just checked, they also have a rather nice 'navy' option as well. So, do you have to charge the mouse every day, or does it last longer than that?

P.S. your mug matches your HHKB too, down to the esc key

wobbled

09 Apr 2017, 21:09

micrex22 wrote: I just checked, they also have a rather nice 'navy' option as well. So, do you have to charge the mouse every day, or does it last longer than that?

P.S. your mug matches your HHKB too, down to the esc key
I get about two weeks out of my MX Master

cookie

12 Apr 2017, 11:39

Picture is not mine though, I am too ashamed to post my desktop here.

andrewjoy

12 Apr 2017, 12:26

They missed a trick with not putting darker mouse buttons on like the early IBM mice.

Is the master any better than the performance MX ? I have £3.99 ebay special wireless mice that are more accurate than that piece of shit.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

12 Apr 2017, 12:38

I had one for a day from Amazon (50€ lightning deal) but I sent it back to return to my G502.

I couldn't find an option to set the DPI of the MX Master and it was just far too "slow" for my taste. I'm running my G502 on 3000dpi and couldn't get nowhere close on the MX Master.

andrewjoy

12 Apr 2017, 12:40

I don't like to run mice at there highest DPI , i find they lose accuracy. I would rather get say a 3200dpi and run it at say 2500dpi than get a 2500dpi mouse and run it at max.

I mean most of this stuff is made in china and you know they over drive everything.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

12 Apr 2017, 12:42

The G502 goes up to 12'000dpi so I'm safe there ...

Where as I found no real info on the DPI specs of the MX Master and the Logitech software for it didn't have any options except for cursor speed.

Khers

12 Apr 2017, 13:09

DPIs in the thousands!? I'm at 500... Anything beyond that is unusable to me.

It sounds weird that the Master wouldn't have DPI settings. I might have to check that on my wife's.

\begin{DPIRant}
While I realise I'm part of a minority, I think it would be nice of manufacturers to increase the DPI granularity at the lower end of the spectrum. For example; my G602 supports a DPI between 250 and 2500, in steps of 250. I'd argue that the difference between 250 and 500 is a tad larger than the difference between 2250 and 2500 and don't understand why they would use a linear scale across such a wide range where something logarithmic would be vastly superior.
\end{DPIRant}

Wodan
ISO Advocate

12 Apr 2017, 13:13

But Khersie ...

What I always try is to increase the DPI of my mouse gradually in steps of 500 every 2-3 days. You will get used to it and I think it doesn't hurt to get the same mouse movement out of a much smaller hand movement ;)

At 3000dpi, I can work comfortably without the need to lift my wrist or mouse.

Khers

12 Apr 2017, 13:20

You don't understand the struggle of the low DPI folks! Increase my DPI slowly by doubling it!? 750 is wicked fast! Maybe if I could increase it by 50 every other week. :maverick:

need

12 Apr 2017, 13:29

Same here... I enjoy having my G303 set to 5000dpi, it's still very accurate and I can't tolerate low dpi on a retina display. G303 has 50dpi increments.

Khers

12 Apr 2017, 13:32

I'm running 500 DPI on a 4k monitor ;)

Increments of 50 sounds good enough to me. Why can't my G602 have that!?

need

12 Apr 2017, 14:09

According to this page http://support.logitech.com/en_au/artic ... 0069uqpAAA, it seems G602 does have 50dpi increments.

"DPI levels – Configure up to five levels, from 250-2500 in 50 DPI increments."

Khers

12 Apr 2017, 14:14

What!? Mine doesn't want to. I'll dig into it.

Madhias
BS TORPE

25 Apr 2017, 16:08

I have got a new one at work, and use it today for the first day. It replaces my G500, which I also have at home.

So far I have of course get used to the shape, the color is very nice, the clearance of the plastics is not so OK everywhere (should be seen on the pictures), the scroll wheel seems to have its own life, and the button for the thumb is a little bit hard to press. The cable position for battery loading is on the front, so you can use the mouse when loading... I have not changed any settings yet.

And here compared to my other mice devices I use - mostly a normal mouse, then sometimes for a few hours a pen & tablet, and rarely the vertical mouse - but that one I just not used enough to get used to it. Instead - when having enough from the mouse - I always use the pen instead. Or what I did with the Logitech G500, I worked with the left hand for 2-3 hours. But that won't work now with the MX Master...

cookie

03 May 2017, 10:37

Madhias... Uhh nice!

I am an old CS lowsense fart, there is no way I can have more then 400 DPI, good old IE3 and MX518 days, I miss them :(

TuxKey
LLAP

03 May 2017, 18:42

i must admit your setup looks way way cleaner than mine hahah...
Using my FC660C white model with Ducky secret mouse and black mouse bungee.
And i just ordered a second Ducky secret for my wife. Because i just want everyone to experience a PBT mouse hahaha..
Still your setup looks classy as hell.. :ugeek:

Madhias
BS TORPE

04 May 2017, 10:34

Ha, on photos everything's looking clean always!

The Ducky is interesting, PBT nice. I did not know about it. Maybe I'll get one sometimes, must be nice to touch.

cookie

04 May 2017, 11:39

I just noticed that I've worshiped Topre switches in my last 5 Posts or so, time to do it here, in a mouse thread, just for the heck of it!

Tangtawan

16 May 2017, 12:06

how is MX master perform in gaming?

Return to “Mice & other input devices”