Price Check: How much is my _____ worth?

taylorswiftttttt

08 Apr 2017, 18:54

removed
Last edited by taylorswiftttttt on 25 May 2022, 11:11, edited 1 time in total.

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

08 Apr 2017, 19:52

I don't see any box, and it's definitely not new (see how the cable got stretched).

88Teo88

08 Apr 2017, 20:29

it was in box but the previous owner threw out (previous day), because he needed the place in the car (i don't understand this logic) he was a second hand dealer, but i have a polystyrene case (it was with this), so i think he told the truth

taylorswiftttttt

08 Apr 2017, 23:39

removed
Last edited by taylorswiftttttt on 25 May 2022, 11:11, edited 1 time in total.

Harshmallow

09 Apr 2017, 04:43

Also - are the 'F' and 'J' key caps different?? They look like a different shade of grey compared to the rest of the board.

micrex22

10 Apr 2017, 05:05

Harshmallow wrote: Also - are the 'F' and 'J' key caps different?? They look like a different shade of grey compared to the rest of the board.
Ah, this is a common problem with a lot of keyboards, the F and J are in a separate batch because the mold is different with the little feelie notch. You can see they match the same shade as the spacebar, whereas the other keycaps have yellowed.

88Teo88

10 Apr 2017, 15:20

yes a little bit grayer

Harshmallow

10 Apr 2017, 17:41

micrex22 wrote:
Harshmallow wrote: Also - are the 'F' and 'J' key caps different?? They look like a different shade of grey compared to the rest of the board.
Ah, this is a common problem with a lot of keyboards, the F and J are in a separate batch because the mold is different with the little feelie notch. You can see they match the same shade as the spacebar, whereas the other keycaps have yellowed.
Oh yeah that makes sense - I've seen them show up thinner than the rest of the caps on the board with some of my own (my Kaypro boards), it only makes sense there could be colour variation too.

u-ra

10 Apr 2017, 18:40

What's the going rate these days for G81-3000 SAD keycaps (and does anyone want them)?

Lynx_Carpathica

11 Apr 2017, 18:25

Are those dyesub keycaps?

quochung1989
Vintage Cherry Collector

11 Apr 2017, 18:32

Lynx_Carpathica wrote: Are those dyesub keycaps?
Of course. You should read [wiki]Cherry article numbers[/wiki] :)

Lynx_Carpathica

11 Apr 2017, 18:33

quochung1989 wrote:
I only knew theese so far:
L: lasered pbt
H: dubleshoot

citrojohn

12 Apr 2017, 01:32

Lynx_Carpathica wrote:
quochung1989 wrote:
I only knew theese so far:
L: lasered pbt
H: dubleshoot
In addition to the codes on the wiki, some G84 boards have T or Q. I suspect that T is the same as P or similar, and that the T stands for tampography which is another name for pad-printing. I'm not sure about Q, it might mean just "something unusual" like the X layout code; it shows up on some of the caseless boards like G84-4000QAG and G84-4001QAU, but also on apparently-conventional stuff like G84-4100QXAUS.

citrojohn

12 Apr 2017, 15:03

The G84-4100QXAUS seems to be caseless too, so Q probably means caseless, but what the caps are is still unknown. Trouble is, I haven't found a picture of a Q-coded keyboard yet!
Also, the G84-4200 7bit got from the Cherry UK sellout is code OAG...
7bit wrote: 1 x G84-4200OAG - prototype ML PCB with some keycaps (not the main QWERTY part...)

88Teo88

13 Apr 2017, 21:34

Lynx_Carpathica

13 Apr 2017, 21:47

Off:
Szervusz, kedves Bonyhádi ismerős :lol:

photekq
Cherry Picker

13 Apr 2017, 21:57

I wouldn't start it with $1000. I doubt anybody will bid that.

wobbled

13 Apr 2017, 22:04

photekq wrote: I wouldn't start it with $1000. I doubt anybody will bid that.
someone already has bidded that, I'm betting it's the seller using a different account trying to drive up the price of a mediocre cherry keyboard (my opinion)

kbdfr
The Tiproman

14 Apr 2017, 09:21

As 88Teo88 is eagerly cross-posting/advertising his keyboard/eBay listing, I am also posting this in all 3 threads where he did so.

The auction has a starting price of $1,000, and there was a bid on it less than half an hour after it started (and now a second bid while I was writing this).
Here on DT, a concern was expressed that this first bidder might be the seller himself trying to boost the price.
I must say all odds are against this hypothesis. When in the bid history you click on the first bidder's nick (coded as c***n (70)), you obtain an overview of that bidder's bids of the last 30days: 8 bids by 8 different sellers on 8 items all in the categories Keyboards and Vintage computing. So no, I'd rather say the bidder simply got the link here (or on any other forums 88Teo88 might have also posted in) and did immediately bid.

But well, nonetheless 88Teo88's eBay account is obviously manipulated.
Short explanation: in eBay feedback views, buyers are coded, but sellers are not, and there is a link to own sales if in the last 6 months.
Well, as 88Teo88 was so kind as to provide a link to his auction, we can see that his eBay nick is brauezsol-0, and that he has a global feedback count of 4, with 2 as a seller and counting as just 1 because it was the same buyer, coded as 0***i (10).
Interessantly enough he also has 1 feedback as a buyer from a seller who happens to have the same feedback of 10 as his own buyer and additionally happens to have a nick very similar to his own, namely braueteofi-0.

Now when we look at the 2 auctions where braueteofi-0 bought from 88Teo88/brauezsol-0 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/112349134222 and http://www.ebay.com/itm/112283046710 ), we see two BuyItNow auctions where simple pens were sold and the buyer bought the whole stock (respectively 10 and 29).
Conversely, when we search the completed sales of his buyer braueteofi-0, we find an auction where he sold the exact same 10 pens he had bought from 88Teo88/brauezsol-0 and all were bought by the same buyer, who is obfuscated because it was a private listing but can be identified as 88Teo88/brauezsol-0 because he appears in his feedback view.

So it is safe to assume that 88Teo88/brauezsol-0 and braueteofi-0 had a few fake sales in order to build an "eBay reputation", as otherwise both would have had no feedback as sellers, only as buyers.

And it is more than safe to assume that 88Teo88/brauezsol-0 and braueteofi-0 are the same person ideed, because the latter had listed another keyboard and cancelled the auction because of an "error in the listing", and the former then listed the exact same item (including a pic of the label).

Now that's a fine person to buy from :cry: :evilgeek:

And if anybody still is in doubt, here is another proof that 88Teo88/brauezsol-0 and his buyer/seller braueteofi-0 are the same person:
Spoiler:
pic from an eBay listing of 88Teo88/brauezsol-0:

pic from an eBay listing of braueteofi-0:

Now that's a nice door with fine wood grain :lol:

88Teo88

14 Apr 2017, 14:18

i have 2 accounts on ebay :) (my account is braueteofi-0 and my father account is brauezsol-0)

and i can't upload to ebay the keyboard because my limit was $500 in a month, therefore i sold some pens to the other account to increase the limit

so if you have a mona lisa and your ebay limit is $500 then you sell the mona lisa for $500? :)

and my father is a antique seller, and i would like to help to him on ebay (because is a new platform for him) that his limit is increase, i don't know why is it a big problem.

if you have a question please write to me

(sorry for my english)

lordzebu

14 Apr 2017, 17:54

88Teo88 wrote: [...] i don't know why is it a big problem.
Because apparently your actions are not allowed: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/mul ... ounts.html
But you already knew that so it's more of a clarification for others.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

15 Apr 2017, 09:10

88Teo88 wrote: i have 2 accounts on ebay :) (my account is braueteofi-0 and my father account is brauezsol-0) […]
Either you have 2 accounts, or you have one and your father has one. From your own explanation ("I sold some pens to the other account") it is obvious that you have full command of both accounts, so your "father" story, even if it weren't a simple lie, is completely irrelevant.
88Teo88 wrote: […] my father is a antique seller, and i would like to help to him on ebay […] i don't know why is it a big problem.
When registering with eBay you accepted their rules, and these clearly forbid such behaviour.
For example you can read in eBay's Policy Tutorial:
"members can't bid on or buy items with the intent to artificially increase a seller's Feedback"
or, as was already pointed out, eBay's multiple account policy clearly states under "Not allowed":
"Registering new accounts or using other existing accounts to avoid buying and selling restrictions or limits or other policy consequences"
or in the eBay help under "Registering another eBay account":
"You can have multiple eBay accounts as long as […] You don't participate in the same listing and don't bid on your own items"

And if you disregard such simple (and self-evident) rules of conduct,
people will reasonably expect you to commit shill-bidding
or simply lie in your item description (e.g. stating "never used" for a used keyboard).

IonutZ

15 Apr 2017, 14:27

How is this in any way related to the purpose of this thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

15 Apr 2017, 14:59

kbdfr wrote:
88Teo88 wrote: i have 2 accounts on ebay :) (my account is braueteofi-0 and my father account is brauezsol-0) […]
I love how you mention it yourself. How obvious can you get? Why not put in another $$$ bid?!?
9f6f4cd21d417496430e36ccb7c7c9fa_meme-generator-oprah-you-get-bid-meme_550-384.jpeg
9f6f4cd21d417496430e36ccb7c7c9fa_meme-generator-oprah-you-get-bid-meme_550-384.jpeg (30.65 KiB) Viewed 5545 times
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg (121.95 KiB) Viewed 5545 times

88Teo88

15 Apr 2017, 17:10

Lynx_Carpathica: Szia :)) látod hogy próbálkoznak? ez az irigység...

lordzebu: you're right ,yes, it was my fault, but i don't thought it will be a big problem

kbdfr: ohh man :) please hug the seebart
and i don't know what is your problem, here is the keyboard, it is sale, you don't care this item, you don't want to buy
do you want a hero? or? i don't understand

seebart: 8 day :) it is an auction

88Teo88

15 Apr 2017, 17:32

and yes it is never used, you say that what you want

Phenix
-p

15 Apr 2017, 18:07

@kbdfr:
I liked your post, tough its more an analysis :lol:
Nevertheless well pointed out/summed up

Slom

15 Apr 2017, 18:12

IonutZ wrote: How is this in any way related to the purpose of this thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Everything gets triple-posted now? Demongolator, where Art Thou?

taylorswiftttttt

15 Apr 2017, 22:09

removed
Last edited by taylorswiftttttt on 25 May 2022, 11:10, edited 1 time in total.

wobbled

15 Apr 2017, 22:34

taylorswiftttttt wrote: I shouldn't have told him he could get $1000 lol
Maybe if we wrap the stretched out cables of our keyboards in plastic we can claim they're new in box too and get $1000 for them! Teo is a genius

Return to “Marketplace Help”