Round 5 and Round 6 kits for sale!

doom2

11 Apr 2017, 13:47

When will the wiki be updated? I want to pay my invoice but the bot refuses to add some pieces so I want to make sure I have what I need. I know I can WASSUP the bot but I'm bad at matching part names to descriptions.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

gml

11 Apr 2017, 14:06

My current email address has been hacked. How do I change it for 7bot ?

Griffy

11 Apr 2017, 19:15

7bit wrote:
mathonix wrote: 7bit, what do I have to do to convince you to ship me my keys that I paid for almost a year ago and that have been produced and were shipped out four months ago? I've sent your four messages about it. Would love a tracking number and a promise that these are on the way.
You should add your name to your address.
:roll:

Epic checkmate.

rominronin

11 Apr 2017, 21:01

7bit - Can you tell us more about the DSA caps added to the wiki? - What colour code are they? ABS or PBT? Are they defective or just surplus?

Thanks.

7bit

11 Apr 2017, 21:47

They are not defective. Maybe a bit crummy.

7bit

11 Apr 2017, 21:49

IMPORTANT: If your order appears packed for several months, maybe there is something wrong with your address.
:o

In most cases, the name is missing.
Spoiler:

Code: Select all

0002:-- name missing --
0030:-- name missing --
0037:-- name missing --
0047:-- name missing --
0142:-- name missing --
0142:-- country missing --
0148:-- name missing --
0202:-- street or house missing --
0220:-- name missing --
0241:-- name missing --
0386:-- name missing --
0539:-- name missing --
0558:-- name missing --
0574:-- name missing --
0644:-- name missing --
0662:-- name missing --
0687:-- name missing --
0721:-- name missing --
0805:-- name missing --
0827:-- name missing --
0830:-- name missing --
0838:-- name missing --
0886:-- name missing --
0887:-- name missing --
0906:--- name missing ---
0988:--- address missing ---
1001:-- name missing --
1026:-- name missing --
1145:--- name missing ---
:shock:

mathonix

12 Apr 2017, 00:46

GriffDeLaGriff wrote:
7bit wrote:
mathonix wrote: 7bit, what do I have to do to convince you to ship me my keys that I paid for almost a year ago and that have been produced and were shipped out four months ago? I've sent your four messages about it. Would love a tracking number and a promise that these are on the way.
You should add your name to your address.

Epic checkmate.
Yah except I did on march 11th, followed by two messages asking what the deal was. So not epic checkmate. Not even epic pawn forward. Just shitty opening move in checkers.

adamcobabe

13 Apr 2017, 06:35

So what's the deal with the Hyper7 PCBs? Do they exist yet? Sorry, I'm relatively new here. If so, how do I get one?

chatwito

13 Apr 2017, 06:51

I haven't received anything either.... sent 7bit several messages without ever receiving a reply. The person handling the payments was kind enough to answer saying he doesn't know how to contact 7bit and doesn't know where my order is...

anyone else?

chatwito

13 Apr 2017, 06:51

I haven't received anything either.... sent 7bit several messages without ever receiving a reply. The person handling the payments was kind enough to answer saying he doesn't know how to contact 7bit and doesn't know where my order is...

anyone else?

krutmob

13 Apr 2017, 16:41

adamcobabe wrote: So what's the deal with the Hyper7 PCBs? Do they exist yet? Sorry, I'm relatively new here. If so, how do I get one?
workshop-f7/hyper7-development-t11344.html

I don't know that the project moved forward.
chatwito wrote: I haven't received anything either.... sent 7bit several messages without ever receiving a reply. The person handling the payments was kind enough to answer saying he doesn't know how to contact 7bit and doesn't know where my order is...

anyone else?
Hi chatwito, I have no idea what you're talking about. I have never received a PM or email from you. I have also never received a payment from you--are you talking about a previous money collector?

7bit

13 Apr 2017, 16:58

The following addresses are missing or incomplete:

Please submit your address to user 7bot:
ADDRESS
your address (including name, street, town, ZIP-code etc)

SL89

13 Apr 2017, 19:34

Hi everyone, apologies for any and all delays that occurred on my part during this ride, life has a tendency to get in the way. I'll spare you the details, but I just want to say I'm glad to see things moving again. 8-)

Also major shoutout to 7bit (and anyone who has collected funds for him) for the herculean task of running this insane service of his. It's quite a circus with a ton of moving parts and the fact that he keeps it going as he does is amazing. PMK and Massdrop are imo rather flawed. And as imperfect as it can be I'm glad the 7bit and his army of bots are here to do what they do and how they do it. :P

That being said I'm glad to be on the customer side of the operation this time. :lol:

zslane

13 Apr 2017, 19:49

It is distressing that we still don't have a production slot.

SL89

13 Apr 2017, 20:04

zslane wrote: It is distressing that we still don't have a production slot.
No idea on that. I paid what I had collected and came out of pocket with the transfer fees.

krutmob

13 Apr 2017, 20:37

Does SP give that to you before you pay in full? Because we just paid up three days ago.

zslane

13 Apr 2017, 21:00

Probably not. But three days feels like plenty of time to either confirm or deny the end-of-year slot that was tentatively offered earlier this year.

rominronin

13 Apr 2017, 21:27

The treatment of this group buy has tainted SP's reputation in my eyes.

krutmob

13 Apr 2017, 21:44

zslane wrote: Probably not. But three days feels like plenty of time to either confirm or deny the end-of-year slot that was tentatively offered earlier this year.
I have a feeling things move pretty slow over there at SP in most regards.

zslane

13 Apr 2017, 21:47

rominronin wrote: The treatment of this group buy has tainted SP's reputation in my eyes.
That's because your view of the "whole story" is limited and largely one-sided. Just be careful not to judge too harshly without knowing the full story, and without being in a position to appreciate what this group buy has been like for SP to deal with.

chuckdee

14 Apr 2017, 04:18

krutmob wrote:
Does SP give that to you before you pay in full? Because we just paid up three days ago.
Nope. New policy put in effect, and I think because of this buy's financial woes (though it might just be coincidence, or because of someone else)

From http://pimpmykeyboard.com/whats-new/
Group Buys
Full payment is required in advance before scheduling a Group Buy for production.
Partial payment of a Group Buy will not secure a production time slot.
Also of interest- they took out their production schedule also, and just put in lead times.

gnmar2723

14 Apr 2017, 06:55

IIRC, they changed that a while ago, like back when R6 phase 1 was just getting paid. I do believe the change was because R6 has been such a pain for SP.

caligo

14 Apr 2017, 12:06

gnmar2723 wrote: IIRC, they changed that a while ago, like back when R6 phase 1 was just getting paid. I do believe the change was because R6 has been such a pain for SP.
…as opposed to R6 phase 2, which has been smooth sailing so far. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's kind of funny though, seeing as GBs like these are basically what made SP a household name in the mechanical keyboard enthusiast community. People like 7bit paved the way for Massdrop's massive buys, and now the latter has seemingly displaced the former since it's more convenient for SP. It makes sense, but still kind of sucks. And I get the feeling much of the troubles could have been avoided had SP just been more inclined to communicate with the community, having a social media presence and a representative who posted here on DT.

chuckdee

14 Apr 2017, 14:01

caligo wrote:
gnmar2723 wrote: IIRC, they changed that a while ago, like back when R6 phase 1 was just getting paid. I do believe the change was because R6 has been such a pain for SP.
…as opposed to R6 phase 2, which has been smooth sailing so far. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's kind of funny though, seeing as GBs like these are basically what made SP a household name in the mechanical keyboard enthusiast community. People like 7bit paved the way for Massdrop's massive buys, and now the latter has seemingly displaced the former since it's more convenient for SP. It makes sense, but still kind of sucks. And I get the feeling much of the troubles could have been avoided had SP just been more inclined to communicate with the community, having a social media presence and a representative who posted here on DT.

You have to realize- keycaps for our community is not their bread and butter. This is like extra cash on the side, not their primary revenue stream.

From their site:
Established in 1995, Signature Plastics has become one of the leading plastic manufacturers that serves the construction, refrigeration, point of purchase, furniture and other Industries in the North American market.
And From their main keycaps site:
Signature Plastics is a leading manufacturer of keycaps for custom keyboards, data input devices and industrial equipment. Our products are used worldwide in a variety of industries including point of sale, medical, aerospace, banking and finance, gaming and mobile data. Unique graphics, custom colors and proprietary shapes are all built to customer defined specifications.
Because of that, and the fact that extra cash is always good for a business, they try to make this enthusiast market a well-oiled machine to minimize the cost of this pipeline. If the cost of doing business ever outweighed the revenue coming in from this particular angle, which one do you think that they would shut down?

krutmob

14 Apr 2017, 17:36

I wonder what furniture requires keycaps.

zslane

14 Apr 2017, 19:12

SP makes lots of other things in plastic, not just keycaps.

Since we are now in the middle of April, I'm going to guess that the opportunity to get phase 2 into production by the end of the year has long passed and we are now looking at Spring 2018 at the earliest (i.e., about twelve months from now). Bear in mind this is only a guess, but it makes sense to me.

Looking forward, it looks like Chinese manufacturers are poised to really help ease the pressure on SP by absorbing a lot of the excess demand for fully sculptured, high-profile spherical keycaps. Between the new MT3 family and MaxKeys ability to produce SA, I think there will be an easing of tensions as SP relaxes some of the recent policies they've had to implement, and the community loosens its collective sphincter over the lack of alternate sources for treating their spherical keycap addiction.

krutmob

14 Apr 2017, 22:15

Yeah. It would be pretty cool to get Round 7 on Matt3o's new profile...

phinix

14 Apr 2017, 22:27

krutmob wrote: Yeah. It would be pretty cool to get Round 7 on Matt3o's new profile...
+1

Those round7 colors on Matt3o's profile.
I guess his profile is almost same as SA?

zslane

14 Apr 2017, 22:51

MT3 is a beamspring clone, which is quite a bit different from SA.

The are similar in that they are both fully sculptured, high-profile spherical sets. But the row profile angles are different, the heights are different, the top surface areas are different, and the thicknesses will undoubtedly be different. Plus, we don't know if MT3 will ever have semi-gloss finish as an option. Combine that with a lack of double-shot legends for MT3 and I think the two keyset families are similar in only superficial ways.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

14 Apr 2017, 22:57

MT3 is designed to be dyesublimated PBT.

That means legends must always be darker than the keycap ... I don't think a single Round7 design works with that restriction.

I am aware you can technicall dyesub the whole cap and just leave out the "legend" for a negative/reverse dyesub job but last time I heard matt3o talk about that he was very unhappy with the results.

Return to “Group buys”