Prepare your Alps!

matt3o
-[°_°]-

22 Apr 2017, 18:44

Signature Plastic is manufacturing Granite with Alps stems as we speak. All the sets we've done for MX will be available for Alps, I doubt there will be a second run, so if you are interested you better join as soon as the set goes live.

I told SP that it would be nice to have a few of extra keys available for the Alps set only. Any idea/suggestion?

I hope you'll be as excited as I am about this news!

pansku
Member of the Beam Spring cult

22 Apr 2017, 18:53

Will there be Internätiönäl keys too?

matt3o
-[°_°]-

22 Apr 2017, 18:56

pansku wrote: Will there be Internätiönäl keys too?
yes, a bunch of languages are supported (DE, NO, SE, FI, IT, ES, UK).

pansku
Member of the Beam Spring cult

22 Apr 2017, 19:00

Knowing the pricing for the Alps Lightcycle set with INT keys I'm afraid they will cost a fortune. Are they DSA profile?

matt3o
-[°_°]-

22 Apr 2017, 19:03

they are PBT dye-sublimated, yes DSA. They will cost more or less the same as Granite I believe.

ohaimark
Kingpin

22 Apr 2017, 19:17

Forum novelty keys could be nice. Other than that, I have no requests. I'm just happy to see Alps getting some love. :P

Zombimuncha

22 Apr 2017, 19:19

Amazing.
My suggestions for special keys: Alps "mountain" logo, and "glider" symbol, that were also used in the DCS Infinity set.

Chyros

22 Apr 2017, 20:05

What layout will this be made for?

monkeyplusplus

22 Apr 2017, 20:05

Ooohhhh I would like to second the alps mountain and glider logos. Super cool. Will these be made available via Massdrop, or from PMK?

ohaimark
Kingpin

22 Apr 2017, 20:11

WAIT. Can you make a key with the old school Alps logo? Because that would be f'n sweet.

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

22 Apr 2017, 20:14

Zombimuncha wrote: Amazing.
My suggestions for special keys: Alps "mountain" logo, and "glider" symbol, that were also used in the DCS Infinity set.
Hey, that's my kitchen counter!

Chyros

22 Apr 2017, 20:19

ohaimark wrote: WAIT. Can you make a key with the old school Alps logo? Because that would be f'n sweet.
I second this.

Zombimuncha

22 Apr 2017, 20:36

vivalarevolución wrote:
Zombimuncha wrote: Amazing.
Hey, that's my kitchen counter!
Thanks for the photo, V.

Muirium
µ

22 Apr 2017, 20:43

Dream the impossible dream.

No, I no longer have the adaptors. Brilliant little board the Minitouch. Would love a Granite set for these Montereys. But what a layout!

Mattr567

22 Apr 2017, 20:51

Chyros wrote:
ohaimark wrote: WAIT. Can you make a key with the old school Alps logo? Because that would be f'n sweet.
I second this.
Third. I don't need a full set right now but some novelties n stuff would be excellent!

tkim

22 Apr 2017, 21:03

Why do I keep coming back here when I want to save money? :|

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

22 Apr 2017, 22:22

What sort of stabilizers will these key caps have?

Signature Plastics key caps with Alps stems tend to have Cherry MX stems on the outsides of the stabilized keys, for Cherry or Costar stabilizers. They tend *not* to have the hollow rectangular insert that classic Alps style stabilizers use.

This detail is the difference between being able to toss these on, say, a Dell AT101W, versus having to go with a custom plate to support some other stabilization option.

Along the same lines: will there be an off-center Caps Lock for boards like the AT101W?

Zombimuncha

22 Apr 2017, 22:40

XMIT wrote: What sort of stabilizers will these key caps have?

Signature Plastics key caps with Alps stems tend to have Cherry MX stems on the outsides of the stabilized keys, for Cherry or Costar stabilizers. They tend *not* to have the hollow rectangular insert that classic Alps style stabilizers use.

This detail is the difference between being able to toss these on, say, a Dell AT101W, versus having to go with a custom plate to support some other stabilization option.

Along the same lines: will there be an off-center Caps Lock for boards like the AT101W?
You can bend the standard Alps stabilizer wires to fit the SP caps. The ones Matias ((@keyboardco for EU) sells are long enough even for the 2.75 shift, if you don't mind some odd diagonal shapes hiding under your keycaps.

jermyg

22 Apr 2017, 23:47

Alps dolch in the future ;)? But yeah I would like to see an old alps logo on a key. http://www.drivecrash.com/wp-content/up ... 00x120.png

matt3o
-[°_°]-

22 Apr 2017, 23:50

hey look! I've woken the Murium!

the old school Alps logo is a nice idea, as the mountains (if I can find the drawing). We already had the glider though... It was round 1 I believe.

the stabs are cherry.

mike52787
Alps Aficionado

23 Apr 2017, 03:23

might be in on this, not the biggest fan of DSA but granite is a nice looking set.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

23 Apr 2017, 04:08

#dta7 for all the great work matt3o is up to these days. :D

Woovie

23 Apr 2017, 04:17

I have been trying to determine how the hell I am going to put keycaps on my Let's Split after I just finished it with Matias Clicky. Thank you so much.

jermyg

23 Apr 2017, 05:25

Question. Is this set going to have a 6.5 spacebar to compliment the aek bottom row?

ideus

23 Apr 2017, 06:05

Hoping for the warping issue to be fixed this time.

Elrick

23 Apr 2017, 07:14

mike52787 wrote: might be in on this, not the biggest fan of DSA but granite is a nice looking set.
You have to.

Because having some custom PBT keys for our matias keyboards has finally arrived here, so if you consider yourself a collector of decent key-caps especially for ALPs switches, then this is it.

Waiting for the link to buy these babies when they go LIVE.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

23 Apr 2017, 07:55

ideus wrote: Hoping for the warping issue to be fixed this time.
it's SP we are talking about...

andrewjoy

23 Apr 2017, 14:15

macintosh bottom row
1x1 windows / meta / os keys ( bottom row)
split backspace keys( ~`and |\ num row keys )
1.5 backspace ( or whatever size |\ on ANSI is )
Split right shift and its respective keys
BIG ASS ENTER!!!!
101 sized control and alt keys
control replacement for caps lock

Zombimuncha

23 Apr 2017, 21:43

andrewjoy wrote: macintosh bottom row
1x1 windows / meta / os keys ( bottom row)
split backspace keys( ~`and |\ num row keys )
1.5 backspace ( or whatever size |\ on ANSI is )
Split right shift and its respective keys
BIG ASS ENTER!!!!
101 sized control and alt keys
control replacement for caps lock
Good point - Mac text mods are more relevant for Alps than they are for MX. Not for me mind, I can't abide Mac OS, but historically speaking...

Can SP do any kind of big-ass-enter? What boards would it fit?

dokyun

23 Apr 2017, 23:31

stepped caps lock key kthx

Return to “News”