Post your desktop.

andrewjoy

09 Mar 2017, 17:14

IIYAMA Prolite X4071UHSU

It is fantastic but there is a fair amount of ghosting with dark items on white background , only something you can really notice on text

Phenix
-p

09 Mar 2017, 17:28

that's an really nice job!
I good the ergotron in the end for around 120$ with another extension. If I upgrade my work place one day I will consider copy you ;)

Just as rough estimate: How much did you spend on the PC connected to the monitors? I recognize some lag sometimes (this is mainly produced by ZoomText, as my PC is no-that-powerful (around 3 year old upper-mid-class gaming pc)

andrewjoy

09 Mar 2017, 17:31

I think your talking to mr dual 4k monitor :P

But for one 4k screen i am running

5930k 32gb memory and a 980ti , 256gb NVME SSD (2gb read 1.8gb write)

Will get myself a cheap 6900k off eBay when all the idiots jump to AMD for the same performance :P

And i will get a 1080ti soon as i have finished all the cost of fitting out the office

rsbseb
-Horned Rabbit-

09 Mar 2017, 17:48

Phenix wrote: that's an really nice job!
I good the ergotron in the end for around 120$ with another extension. If I upgrade my work place one day I will consider copy you ;)

Just as rough estimate: How much did you spend on the PC connected to the monitors? I recognize some lag sometimes (this is mainly produced by ZoomText, as my PC is no-that-powerful (around 3 year old upper-mid-class gaming pc)

The PC is a new build on an Asus Motherboard, about a month old and cost about 850 with parts mostly from newegg. I upgraded the video card to a Quadro M2000 to drive the monitors which was about another 450. So far no glitches or issues all images and text are clear and crisp with no discernable lag. The M2000 is stable and perfect for the work I do, but probably wouldn't be to good for gaming.

andrewjoy

09 Mar 2017, 18:03

What is the model number of the screens ?

Phenix
-p

09 Mar 2017, 18:06

thanks for the info.

I am not gaming (not into it anymore)

@andrewjoy
that 6900k .. Will look into, maybe I can survive with partial upgrading

rsbseb
-Horned Rabbit-

09 Mar 2017, 20:20

andrewjoy wrote: What is the model number of the screens ?
Vizio E43u-D2

davkol

30 Mar 2017, 14:50

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

30 Mar 2017, 14:52

Standing desk davkol? Trackball and mouse? :o :shock:

Stabilized

30 Mar 2017, 17:11

Nice looking layout on that keyboard, is that your Phantom 7bit layout? Do you have some more pics of it?

Phenix
-p

30 Mar 2017, 17:39

davkol wrote:Image
If its an 7bit phantom please share some more pics

davkol

30 Mar 2017, 18:52

potato pic

keymap (not necessarily up-to-date)

Phenix
-p

30 Mar 2017, 20:17

Super nice!
How do you like the enter key? (or do you use the extra thumb keys for enter/layers..?

davkol

30 Mar 2017, 20:41

I don't mind it. The thumb Enter key is there mainly because sometimes I'm lazy to move my left hand all the way to the right (when I'm holding a cup of tea in the right one). Originally, I thought I'd use the thumb Backspace key more, remap current Backspace (in "unix" position) to Enter and use current Enter as another modifier… that's never happened, though.

The only thing that frustrates me is the (HHKB-like) right Shift/Fn. I'd very much prefer JIS-like swap; then, I'd be able to use two-column wide mod (perhaps with diamond-like arrow keys in place of punctuation in the middle). Unfortunately, the plate is the way it is, and I can only swap left Shift and Fn. That's why I'd prefer Topre Realforce 91U instead:

Khers

06 Apr 2017, 11:01

Got myself my first ever (!) own desktop a while back so my desk has received a hackmac update.

Still need to take care of the headphone cable and the GPU fans annoy me so I need to silence or replace them somehow.

andrewjoy

06 Apr 2017, 11:34

Khers

06 Apr 2017, 11:41

That's interesting! Not that keen on gluing my GPU, but I have considered just removing the GPU fans outright and put some larger ones in the bottom of the case. In case I use some sort of vibration dampening mount for them, I guess that would serve a similar purpose.

seebart

06 Apr 2017, 11:43

True, I'd get a Radeon R9 Nano now if I needed a new GPU. Compact and powerful enough for me.

PollandAkuma

06 Apr 2017, 12:40

Khers wrote:Got myself my first ever (!) own desktop a while back so my desk has received a hackmac update.

Still need to take care of the headphone cable and the GPU fans annoy me so I need to silence or replace them somehow.
That desk pen triggers me.

seebart

06 Apr 2017, 12:51

Khers wrote: Got myself my first ever (!) own desktop a while back so my desk has received a hackmac update.

If only my desk were so tidy. :o :?

Khers

06 Apr 2017, 12:55

PollandAkuma wrote: That desk pen triggers me.
Wouldn't get a lot of upvotes on pen reddit, huh? ;)
seebart wrote: If only my desk were so tidy. :o :?
:maverick:

andrewjoy

06 Apr 2017, 13:12

seebart wrote:
True, I'd get a Radeon R9 Nano now if I needed a new GPU. Compact and powerful enough for me.

Ewwww ATI.

Khers

06 Apr 2017, 13:14

I seem to recall they're AMD now ;)

andrewjoy

06 Apr 2017, 15:10

Ether way Ewwwww

Zen is pretty cool tho

Slom

24 Apr 2017, 22:14

Doing paper work
IMG_0041.JPG
IMG_0041.JPG (757.5 KiB) Viewed 5765 times
Sad lan party weekend desktop
DSC01300.JPG
DSC01300.JPG (703.96 KiB) Viewed 5765 times

DarKou

21 May 2017, 22:58

Hello all!

This is my little setup:

:D

PollandAkuma

22 May 2017, 12:56

Stabilized

22 May 2017, 13:05

Is that what you would call shabby chic? I wouldn't know as I'm only familiar with just plain old shabby. Does make me question if the apple is real or just a prop though :?

PollandAkuma

22 May 2017, 13:30

Stabilized wrote:Is that what you would call shabby chic? I wouldn't know as I'm only familiar with just plain old shabby. Does make me question if the apple is real or just a prop though :?
I wish I could say it is intentionally chic, but it's just shabby. I just ate the apple yesterday...

Wodan
ISO Advocate

22 May 2017, 14:45

PollandAkuma wrote: I wish I could say it is intentionally chic, but it's just shabby. I just ate the apple yesterday...
Did you eat anything else yesterday?

Return to “Gallery”