IDENTIFY THE KEYBOARD thread

MrDuul

29 May 2017, 13:58

Let me know when you find the Space Cadet in recycler.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

29 May 2017, 14:20

MrDuul wrote: Let me know when you find the Space Cadet in recycler.

When the state of Arizona is renamed Hillary LaLa land that's when. :lol:

MrDuul

31 May 2017, 06:01

Pwner

31 May 2017, 10:11

snuci
Vintage computer guy

31 May 2017, 13:35

This keyboard went for more than I was willing to spend. It might have something to do with the Power key. It is highly coveted. Eg: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/391785351090 I am curious if anyone here got it. I would guess a computer collector snagged it.

Sankart

31 May 2017, 13:54

Does anyone know what switches these are?
$_12 (1).jpg
$_12 (1).jpg (20.29 KiB) Viewed 5518 times
$_12.jpg
$_12.jpg (23.08 KiB) Viewed 5518 times
Sadly the pictures aren't that good... I'm mainly interested in the keycaps in this board, so some infos on whether it's Cherry MX compatible would be enough for me.

mwichary

31 May 2017, 13:58

norolim wrote: Anyone has any idea what this is?

All I know is, that it's most probably a Polish mechanical keyboard (or made by someone for a Polish company). The badge on the left says "ICE Komputer Personalny AT", which means "ICE Personal AT Type Computer "
Apologies for jumping in late, but it is indeed a Polish keyboard. I once scanned an ad for it, in June of 1988, from a Polish computer magazine named… Komputer. It says “a professional capacitative keyboard compatible with XT and AT, with Polish diacritics [*] for microcomputers, minicomputers, and screen terminals, with serial and parallel interface,” produced in the city of Poznań in Poland.

[*] clearly, your keyboard is a version without the Polish letters

duynguyenle

31 May 2017, 21:46

Can someone help identify this keyboard? I got this as part of a job lot, only described as "Terminal Keyboards", along with a Wyse 30, no labels on the back (have cleaned it a little, but not had the time to take it apart yet). As there are no labels on the back, I can't confirm the date, but presumably vintage black due to the smoothness of the switches (even with all the dust bunnies in the board before I cleaned it, yuk!).

Interestingly the spacebar is a linear grey and the lower left switch ("Function" key) is considerably heavier than both the regular MX Black on the alphas and also heavier than the linear grey. The top bezel flips up to reveal some notes about the function keys and such...

Does this mean it's a MX 'Super Black'? Does anyone know if this board is part of a Wyse system or not?

EDIT: Keycaps appears to be DCS profile doubleshot, not sure if that helps ;)

Scottex

31 May 2017, 22:45

Nice find, that led placement on the caps lock sure would've tricked me

coreinsane

01 Jun 2017, 12:49

Do you know something about this keyboard? I do not own it (yet), what kind of switches could this have?
ec39_9_big.jpg
ec39_9_big.jpg (59.5 KiB) Viewed 5424 times
ec39_8_big.jpg
ec39_8_big.jpg (64.1 KiB) Viewed 5424 times
ec39_7_big.jpg
ec39_7_big.jpg (78.48 KiB) Viewed 5424 times
ec39_6_big.jpg
ec39_6_big.jpg (76.58 KiB) Viewed 5424 times
ec39_5_big.jpg
ec39_5_big.jpg (84.55 KiB) Viewed 5424 times
ec39_4_big.jpg
ec39_4_big.jpg (90.1 KiB) Viewed 5424 times
ec39_3_big.jpg
ec39_3_big.jpg (84.86 KiB) Viewed 5424 times
ec39_2_big.jpg
ec39_2_big.jpg (77.82 KiB) Viewed 5424 times
ec39_1_big.jpg
ec39_1_big.jpg (89.51 KiB) Viewed 5424 times

Chyros

01 Jun 2017, 13:11

Looks rubber to me.

IKSLM

01 Jun 2017, 13:25

Y, screams of rubber.

wobbled

01 Jun 2017, 13:34

them fujitsu semens boards sure are fugly.

IKSLM

01 Jun 2017, 13:38

but look at that lovely spacebar, it's so curvy

and why is the right shift 1u shorter?

wobbled

01 Jun 2017, 13:41

IKSLM wrote: but look at that lovely spacebar, it's so curvy

The space bar is pregnant
The enter key is anorexic
And the right shift is a midget.

I truly feel bad for this board, I bet all the other keyboards pick on him.

Lord_Molvin

01 Jun 2017, 21:40

wobbled wrote:
IKSLM wrote: but look at that lovely spacebar, it's so curvy

The space bar is pregnant
The enter key is anorexic
And the right shift is a midget.

I truly feel bad for this board, I bet all the other keyboards pick on him.
It really is a horrible board.

The ESC Key is ROUND!!!!!

taylorswiftttttt

01 Jun 2017, 23:10

removed
Last edited by taylorswiftttttt on 25 May 2022, 11:14, edited 1 time in total.

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

01 Jun 2017, 23:41

duynguyenle wrote: Can someone help identify this keyboard? I got this as part of a job lot, only described as "Terminal Keyboards", along with a Wyse 30, no labels on the back (have cleaned it a little, but not had the time to take it apart yet). As there are no labels on the back, I can't confirm the date, but presumably vintage black due to the smoothness of the switches (even with all the dust bunnies in the board before I cleaned it, yuk!).

Interestingly the spacebar is a linear grey and the lower left switch ("Function" key) is considerably heavier than both the regular MX Black on the alphas and also heavier than the linear grey. The top bezel flips up to reveal some notes about the function keys and such...

Does this mean it's a MX 'Super Black'? Does anyone know if this board is part of a Wyse system or not?

EDIT: Keycaps appears to be DCS profile doubleshot, not sure if that helps ;)

That looks like this Espirit Opus220 board.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Espirit-Opus220 ... SwB-1Yr4ia

Mr.Nobody

02 Jun 2017, 07:38

What´s this?NIB Is it convertable?
Spoiler:

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

02 Jun 2017, 07:49

Mr.Nobody wrote: What´s this?NIB Is it convertable?
Spoiler:

'Awesome' is what it is!

Chyros

02 Jun 2017, 08:03

Alps SKCC.

Mr.Nobody

02 Jun 2017, 09:37

@gainsborough
The seller got a batch of 60 pcs yerterday, NIB, and sold half of them immediately, I ordered one today...
@ Chyros
Yes, I rocognized the switch, but what's the keyboard's identity. The port and the red back plate, it has no sticker, logo whatsoever, rather mysterious...

Chyros

02 Jun 2017, 12:35

Haven't a clue. You can't even see the whole board, which doesn't help.

Mr.Nobody

02 Jun 2017, 12:52

When mine arrives, I will take it apart and check what's on the PCB, maybe we will have a clue by then.
Last edited by Mr.Nobody on 02 Jun 2017, 14:51, edited 1 time in total.

seebart

02 Jun 2017, 12:58

Mr.Nobody wrote: but what's the keyboard's identity. The port and the red back plate, it has no sticker, logo whatsoever, rather mysterious...
Not really mysterious rather impossible to tell from those pictures. In order to even guess what protocol it speaks we would have to see the entire internals. If any keyboard is convertable is impossible to tell from pictures like this, it may still be impossible to tell even if we see everyting. Alps SKCC cream and nice keycaps that's for sure.

MrDuul

02 Jun 2017, 14:41

Lord_Molvin wrote:
The ESC Key is ROUND!!!!!

I would have to agree with Molvin on this one.

Who makes a circle ESC key?

A mad man? :roll:

Mr.Nobody

02 Jun 2017, 14:53

@seebart

Hopefully,there will be some info inside the keyboard, maybe on the inner side of the plate or on PCB, it's unthinkable that a keyboard like this has no LOGO Serial No. nothing...

snuci
Vintage computer guy

02 Jun 2017, 15:55

Mr.Nobody wrote: @seebart

Hopefully,there will be some info inside the keyboard, maybe on the inner side of the plate or on PCB, it's unthinkable that a keyboard like this has no LOGO Serial No. nothing...
It's clear this is part of a terminal or other computing device so it's not that unthinkable. I'm sure the terminal or other device has a huge logo on it :)

seebart

02 Jun 2017, 20:08

Mr.Nobody wrote: @seebart

Did you buy it?

Harshmallow

02 Jun 2017, 20:54

Can anyone identify this keyboard? The FCC ID says it's from PC House and it was granted in 1987. The board looks like it's in good condition and has already had two declined offers on it. It's intriguing me. Board label shows 80 Data - 5339

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Rare-80-Data-533 ... SwZKBZMPe8

Return to “Keyboards”