GMK Terminal with International Essentials!

LeandreN

08 Jan 2017, 01:23

I am not the runner of this keyset, but it is one of the GMK sets with International Essentials available.

Group buy link:
https://thekey.company/collections/fron ... 2126444044

Geekhack thread:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=85838.0;topicseen

Reddit link:
https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyb ... h=5d30ab53

Text from reddit:
[quote]Hey everyone. This holiday rush ain’t no joke. We hope everyone is enjoying it.
Countdown to >Terminal_ has arrived. We’ve discussed the plan in depth with GMK, ran on the hamster wheels, constructed additional pylons, and are proud to announce that TKC’s first keycap set will be launching 1/7/17.
In case some need to get up to speed, >Terminal_ was conceived in-house to be a classy, simple colorway, influenced by the Green Screen monochrome monitors from our past, with accenting familiar to many, especially those keyboard warriors who code. Even if you don’t code, the novelties were designed to complement the universal tech-inspired theme.
Sample layout renders / Kit mockups
The 167 piece >Terminal_ Base Kit supports the following layouts with 100% proper profiles:
ANSI
US-ISO
Winkeyless
65%/75%/96-key
FC660
Minivan
JD40/45
Planck/Preonic
Minorca
HHKB
Atreus/62 (thanks /u/bradendouglass )
The beauty of supporting this many layouts without a thousand caps was, as Bob Ross would say, a happy accident. Listening to the countless valuable feedback from the community to support this layout or that layout lead us to discover that there’s a lot of keycap sharing possible between the numerous custom layouts that people prefer. We believe that by choosing wisely and doing our best not to balloon the keycap count too much, we reached a happy place. The Base Kit also features a total of 9 custom legends: 1u prompts for alternate Escape, 1.25u OS-agnostic prompts, 1.25u and 1u hashbangs, VIM arrows, and Minivan arrows. All legends will be sweet GMK doubleshot - no pad printing to be found here.
In addition to the Base Kit, we’re pleased to offer a solution for the many (MANY) requests for an Ergodox kit, the N9 Ergodox Modifiers. As a special treat, with the blessing of Joseph (jchan94 of Keyclack) and Sheraton (waikane of Originative), the N9 ‘Dox kit will also include accent keycaps for their respective popular GMK sets in addition to Terminal. As many of you know, GMK sets tend to have a little harder time hitting MOQ when kitted out too much, and banding together we feel the community can make this happen, whether you’re interested in Terminal or excited that you’d finally be able to deck out your Ergodox with the legendary GMK Sky Dolch or soon to be legendary GMK Hydro.
Speaking of MOQs, we want to let the international peeps know that we spent a lot of sleepless nights figuring out how to make a Terminal international kit attractive and viable enough to tip. We don’t need to mince words - international kits are always tough to tip MOQ. With gracious gifts of his time and wisdom, LeandreN advised us on referencing an “Essentials” kit designed by Wodan from Geekhack, so we did. This aided in keeping the International Essentials Kit relatively affordable, with a minimum amount of keys that gives most people what they want to see without being too cost-prohibitive going full conventional “International”. It’s still going to be tough to hit MOQ, but we hope this takes things a step closer to realizing the dream. With UK-ISO featured in the kit, we really hope that that large userbase steps up for the team.
There’s a spacebar kit added because, well, you have to have a cool spacebar kit.
Shortest FAQ ever
Who the hell am I trusting my money with?
TheKey.Company (business verification), a licensed, registered, and insured company based out of Detroit, Michigan, USA. TKC is a joint business venture between Jason “mikehoncho” Knapp and Brian “unclebrudy” Gutierrez.
OK. So what’s the plan?
Group buy 1/7/17, 30 days. Hopefully this gives people enough time to recover from holiday spending. Upon close of the GB on 2/7/17, payment will be submitted to GMK immediately. Lead time quoted is 12 weeks. Upon delivery, orders will be immediately sorted, boxed, and shipped from TKC’s warehouse in Michigan. All keycap kits large and small will be shipped from GMK and to you in GMK trays. Yes, even if you only order the N9 Ergodox Modifier Kit. If you are in Asia, we are working diligently with a reputable vendor who has successfully handled previous GBs. Stay tuned.
Sounds good. What’s this going to cost me?
If the exchange rate between the Euro and USD remains decently stable, the following are the projected prices: Base $159, N9 Ergodox Modifiers $45, International Essentials $35, Spacebars $10. We are basing pricing off the max MOQ tier for convenience and cost savings. Even if the max MOQ tier is not tipped, we will keep the cost as quoted. For the unprecedented support of many layouts and the total custom legends offered, we hope the pricing feels fair to everyone.
Group Buy PSA
Big thanks to LeandreN, evangs, thesiscamper, alex_at_panc, waikane, jchan94, and the entire MK community for more than you all know.
TL;DR >Terminal_ incoming. Have a great holiday.
Last edited by LeandreN on 08 Jan 2017, 11:15, edited 1 time in total.

LeandreN

08 Jan 2017, 11:14

----------------

Orpheo

08 Jan 2017, 11:41

Will you proxy for Europe?

kawasaki161

08 Jan 2017, 13:29

Offering intl essentials but not accepting PayPal was a strange decision, not that I care about intl essentials because I definitely won't go back to ISO-DE (fuck that bracket placement, literally cancer for programming), but I would love to get this in combination with my green TX stuff, would probably look awesome, I don't own a CC though :(

Edit: Just saw the update on gh where they said they will try to get PayPal running.
Last edited by kawasaki161 on 08 Jan 2017, 17:12, edited 1 time in total.

LeandreN

08 Jan 2017, 14:45

Orpheo wrote: Will you proxy for Europe?

No sorry man.

chuckdee

08 Jan 2017, 16:21

Orpheo wrote: Will you proxy for Europe?
There are proxies for taobao (though I've never used one of the services), and there is an asia alternative that they speak of there.

https://world.taobao.com/item/544256615 ... 0.0.PiPzA0

pomk

08 Jan 2017, 16:51

The taobao buy is 2,5 USD more expensive, but has free shipping. This makes it more than 30 USD cheaper to buy form the chinese proxy (for base+intl). :D

No paypal there either though, just credit cards.

edit: shipping is 12,90 and you order might be randomly cancelled if you are not from China.

Orpheo

08 Jan 2017, 20:06

Taobao requires a proxy from France I believe. I was interested in the ergodox set, pretty sweet to have cheery profile and GMK for dox!

Trying to convince that I don't need this, for now...

Leandre, no problem man, hope your awesome case comes to fruition!

kawasaki161

08 Jan 2017, 23:31

Oh BTW, PayPal option is added now according to the GH thread.

Elrick

09 Jan 2017, 02:29

kawasaki161 wrote: Oh BTW, PayPal option is added now according to the GH thread.
NOW this makes things a lot more solid to purchase.

realex

09 Jan 2017, 18:02

be safe and only use your credit card on taobao directly or via trusted agents. too many bad things i've heard of in another community, when buying from china 3rd party "stores".

beltet

09 Jan 2017, 20:19

It was said in the GH thread that you shall not try to buy from TaoBao if your based in Europe. You order probably will be cancelled. They are looking into cheaper shipping to Europe.

scl

09 Jan 2017, 20:31

FYI, $159 is a really steep price. The ISO/ANSI-DE dolch GB is priced 117€ including shipping ( https://www.computerbase.de/forum/showt ... ?t=1601148 ), the GMK stormtrooper GB ( https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=82240.0 ) is $100 plus shipping. i know, this isnt 100% comparable, but it gives you a hint how much the set really costs.

maximm

09 Jan 2017, 20:38

I had the same thought scl, this is realy pricey. Someone is making good money on this set =/

ideus

09 Jan 2017, 22:38

This is a vendor's group buy so a markup is expected. It may be a good one, but who knows. Most recent group buys have been vendor ran, though.

LeandreN

12 Jan 2017, 19:19

Please go buy the essentials kit, or it wont tip!

shreebles
Finally 60%

15 Jan 2017, 13:13

Even though green is far from being my favorite color, this is a terrific looking set.
Good thing it's so expensive, and I ordered the German GMK Dolch also, so I don't have to buy this one.

cookie

15 Jun 2017, 10:47

/r/mechanicalkeyboards is full of it. It's a nice set but I don't know why it is so popular.

shreebles
Finally 60%

15 Jun 2017, 12:42

It's not any more popular than before, but all the sets arrived in the last weeks so everyone is posting theirs.

Return to “Group buys”