Stuff you just bought

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

12 Jun 2017, 16:14

ohaimark wrote: Just picked up a missing link in my Lexmark collection at a local Salvation Army.

It seems to be an original Lexmark company shirt.
Oh what a likeable Mr. Lexmark in that pic., errr I mean Mr. Kingpin. :lol:

cookie

12 Jun 2017, 17:45

Mr.Nobody wrote: @cookie
Yes, I don't know why some people prefer thin necks, the condon thinner is better, but when it comes to guitar necks, thick neck gives you a good grip and doesn't bend easily.
I like to compare guitars with cars. An old Les Paul with vintage specs is basically like an Oldtimer. Simple, timeless design, it has flaws here and there but full of charm. It's hand build and no example is like the other which gives every single piece a unique soul and character (of course real turds might occur as well).

A modern shred guitar is like a sports car. Very precise, extremely well made, the best of the best what the current technology can offer but it's nothing special anymore. The design didn't stand the time yet, it might be boring in few years and completely disappear from peoples minds. It has no heritage, it has no history it lacks soul but still potential to become an Oldtimer as well.

Anyway, early 50s necks are just amazing, they just feel better to me than slim necks :)
Also they give tons of sustain, sound and beefyness to every thing, just awesome.

Phenix
-p

12 Jun 2017, 19:02

XMIT wrote:
Phenix wrote:
wobbled wrote:really beautiful XMIT, 32 inch seems like an ideal size for 4k too. Little bit of scaling required but still plenty of screen real estate.

I know exactly what you mean about the difference between 1600 and 4k. I too made that change, and then from 4k to 5k. Each time I noticed an incredible improvement in every aspect. Cosy setup btw!
out of interest: is there any way to connect a second 4k monitor without a second displayport cable?
Your question is ill posed, so I'll do my best to give you some facts and hope that this helps.

A single Displayport 1.2 cable can - just barely - provide enough bandwidth for 3840x2160@60, the resolution of my 4k monitor. They can drive a "5k" panel at 60Hz, that's it.

So, a single Displayport 1.2 port or cable doesn't have the bandwidth for two monitors.

Some monitors - this one included - have HDMI inputs. The latest versions of HDMI support 4k @ 60 Hz.

If I wanted to connect two of these to my Macbook Pro I could with two mini-DP to Displayport cables. But, no, you can't daisy chain them.
thanks!
I will look into it with a full hd monitor of a friend: likely displayport for the 4k and hdmi for a full hd one will work out.

gogusrl

15 Jun 2017, 14:04

new loot

Mr.Nobody

15 Jun 2017, 14:46

@cookie
Slow Blues on vintage Gibson always conveys a relaxing rythmn and nostalgic flavor rolled together...

snuci
Vintage computer guy

15 Jun 2017, 21:23

You guys wondered who was dumb enough to pay $6 plus a further $10 shipping for one key cap. Well, the answer is "me" and I couldn't be happier :) I needed one key cap to complete my second Canon Cat. Someone is selling Canon Cat key caps on eBay and I jumped on it.

gogusrl

15 Jun 2017, 21:29

100% worth it !

Tuntematon

15 Jun 2017, 23:17

snuci wrote: You guys wondered who was dumb enough to pay $6 plus a further $10 shipping for one key cap. Well, the answer is "me" and I couldn't be happier :) I needed one key cap to complete my second Canon Cat. Someone is selling Canon Cat key caps on eBay and I jumped on it.
For a common keyboard, I'd rather just buy the whole board. For a rare keyboard, you do what you gotta do!

cookie

16 Jun 2017, 10:25

snuci wrote: You guys wondered who was dumb enough to pay $6 plus a further $10 shipping for one key cap. Well, the answer is "me" and I couldn't be happier :) I needed one key cap to complete my second Canon Cat. Someone is selling Canon Cat key caps on eBay and I jumped on it.
Nah I always wondered who pays 50 bugs and more for this stupid thing:

seebart

16 Jun 2017, 12:21

gogusrl wrote: new loot
Nice, let us know how you like FLS 3rd gen.

pansku
Member of the Beam Spring cult

16 Jun 2017, 18:25

*Sigh*
I resisted for more than six months but the urge for NIB Alps became too great today and I just had to order a Pingmaster. Here is a link for those who are interested in getting one of them.

mr_a500

16 Jun 2017, 19:21

Yeah, they're hard to resist. (..though they sure are pingy!)
TRSALPS.jpg
I like black keys.

Edit: the black keys were swapped from my TRS-80 Model III. (...and now I have a Japanese TRS-80 :mrgreen: )
Last edited by mr_a500 on 17 Jun 2017, 16:00, edited 2 times in total.

pansku
Member of the Beam Spring cult

16 Jun 2017, 19:47

mr_a500 wrote: Yeah, they're hard to resist. (..though they sure are pingy!)
TRSALPS.jpg
I like black keys.
That looks really nice! Where did you get the black caps from?

I'm used to the noise level of an F so it has to be really pingy before I mind the noise.

seebart

16 Jun 2017, 21:43

pansku wrote: *Sigh*
I resisted for more than six months but the urge for NIB Alps became too great today and I just had to order a Pingmaster. Here is a link for those who are interested in getting one of them.
They are well worth it. Enjoy.

rsbseb
-Horned Rabbit-

17 Jun 2017, 01:11

Broke down while out of town today :x and while I was waiting for a tow I wandered across the street to a Goodwill and found this interesting keyboard for $3. I occasionally will pick up a rubber dome and I'm sure this one is just that but it had a look that caught my eye and it's fairly hefty even though it is so thin. I'm sure it's got some steel in it. It actually feels pretty decent for a RD, more like my older Toshiba laptop with scissor switches. Best part is that is back lit. It's also got a convex bottom row. I figure I'll clean it up and keep on the desk for a little while before boxing it up for safe keeping. The pictures don't do it justice it really is a good looking keyboard.
logi1.jpg
logi1.jpg (807.68 KiB) Viewed 6853 times
logi2.jpg
logi2.jpg (790.11 KiB) Viewed 6853 times
*** edit ***
I couldn't resit popping a cap and sure enough it's got scissor switch mechanisms under the caps.
logi3.jpg
logi3.jpg (710.16 KiB) Viewed 6847 times

alienman82

17 Jun 2017, 02:29

removed.
Last edited by alienman82 on 02 Mar 2018, 04:08, edited 1 time in total.

Mr.Nobody

17 Jun 2017, 06:26

Just bought a set of leather wares, love them; the feel of leather wares and the feeling they convey has remained appealing to men since time immemorial.

JP!

17 Jun 2017, 15:22

That set of leather should last you a lifetime. Some things never go out of style.

emdude
Model M Apologist

18 Jun 2017, 07:37

A GYI3PVAT101 Dell AT101, it's grimy but I'm pretty happy to have finally found one of these on the cheap!

seebart

18 Jun 2017, 08:33

emdude wrote: A GYI3PVAT101 Dell AT101, it's grimy but I'm pretty happy to have finally found one of these on the cheap!
Conrgats on that old Dell AT! That will be well worth the clean-up job!

Mr.Nobody

19 Jun 2017, 10:44

Spending 16 bucks to get a system finally restored, I think it's worth it.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

19 Jun 2017, 13:31

I finally found a 3278 "rear manual" - the one that goes under the big rectangular cover on the back of the board, not the little one that goes under the wrist rest. I'll get some high quality scans ... eventually.

seebart

19 Jun 2017, 13:37

XMIT wrote: I finally found a 3278 "rear manual" - the one that goes under the big rectangular cover on the back of the board, not the little one that goes under the wrist rest. I'll get some high quality scans ... eventually.
I think I had one all along, but in German!

JP!

19 Jun 2017, 14:31

Just in from Germany. A Model F XT.
IMG_1456.JPG
IMG_1456.JPG (275.89 KiB) Viewed 6679 times
IMG_1458.JPG
IMG_1458.JPG (53.46 KiB) Viewed 6679 times

cookie

19 Jun 2017, 15:03

Very nice condition, the real question is "Can you handle the Ümläütß?"

JP!

19 Jun 2017, 15:54

cookie wrote: Very nice condition, the real question is "Can you handle the Ümläütß?"
You want answers?!
You can't handle the Ümläütß!

Mr.Nobody

21 Jun 2017, 03:01

Just bought 15 carton boxes of which the dimension is suitable to encase my IBM F ATs and other keyboards.
Last edited by Mr.Nobody on 21 Jun 2017, 05:21, edited 2 times in total.

JP!

21 Jun 2017, 03:11

Nice organization. I file my keyboards next to my assault rifle parts as well. Ak47's, M16's, SSK's, etc :) What are the dimensions of your boxes?

Mr.Nobody

21 Jun 2017, 04:16

@JP!

52 x 25.5 x 6 cm, I hope this make sense to you...BTW, in the AK47 and M16 cartons are ATs, not real rifle, it's illegal possessing guns in China.:D

Here is today's news: drug dealers get busted, look what they have, holy fuck, a sniper rifle :o

JP!

21 Jun 2017, 13:22

Mr.Nobody wrote: @JP!

52 x 25.5 x 6 cm, I hope this make sense to you...BTW, in the AK47 and M16 cartons are ATs, not real rifle, it's illegal possessing guns in China.:D

Here is today's news: drug dealers get busted, look what they have, holy fuck, a sniper rifle :o
My boxes seem to be different sizes so I might try to source some standard ones. That one with a scope looks like an air rifle but even those can be quite powerful. They are used more for target practice or for hunting small game. In China, are the police or other authorities allowed to carry guns?

Return to “News”