Help me find some recycling centres in Sydney xd

Wingklip

24 Jun 2017, 16:39

Where are these fabled recycling centres?

Can't find a single on in Australia, at least one that openly advertises being open to the public... or are they all open to the public?

Where is the holy grail government disposal depot? I've seen a multitude of CRT's and keyboards being discarded by the government, and would like some xd

subcat

24 Jun 2017, 16:54

http://recyclingnearyou.com.au/computers/SydneyNSW

I went through this list for my state and found a few places that could have been viable, though the ones that are government owned don't let you in.

Wingklip

25 Jun 2017, 07:30

Stupid government kids. Such a waste, I know they had tons and tons of IBM gear

subcat

25 Jun 2017, 09:01

Yeah it's a real shame. A place local to me got all their old keyboards from the city bank, I got way too excited when I heard that. Not a 4704 to be found though.

Wingklip

25 Jun 2017, 10:15

Any of them that you could potentially share? pls :)))))

subcat

25 Jun 2017, 15:54

Wingklip wrote: Any of them that you could potentially share? pls :)))))
The place is a1usedcomputers, I'm sure you're familiar with it at this stage

taylorswiftttttt

25 Jun 2017, 18:27

removed
Last edited by taylorswiftttttt on 25 May 2022, 11:20, edited 1 time in total.

Wingklip

26 Jun 2017, 05:57

ffs subcat save some for the comrades

Wingklip

26 Jun 2017, 06:01

Also I meant if you could go there in person for inspection/testing etc xd

Wingklip

26 Jun 2017, 06:23

Been doing some research, could someone check to see if Sims recycling solutions in villawood has anything good? I don't have a car lol

zool

03 Jul 2017, 19:49

I don't know the recycling works in Sydney, but my experience in Victoria is that recyclers that export tend to pick up the bulk of the IT gear and ship it China for processing if it did not need to be destroyed locally: eg banks, gov, etc..

Might be worth while putting some slabs in the boot/on the shoulders and do the rounds, asking them to let you know the next time they pick up a load of IT gear, as it tends not to stay around too long, as it makes very little sense to them to hold on to outdated experiment, when they can just sell it as minerals/plastics/metals.

Return to “Keyboards”