Post your desktop.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

28 Jun 2017, 19:09

Ahh...well users above the age of 88 like kbdfr deserve this type of respect. :lol: :evilgeek:

pixelheresy

29 Jun 2017, 10:15

seebart wrote: Ahh...well users above the age of 88 like kbdfr deserve this type of respect. :lol: :evilgeek:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah kbdfr sold me two of the modules. the controller, and some of the caps I am using (some of the white relegendables, the numpad, the grey arrow keys). I tracked down most of the colored keycaps, the official blind keyblanks (in black, no less), and I found the Swedish QWERTY module locally as NOS.

No, it was a very cool, fun little project and having shortcuts and buttons galore is just geeky fun.

seebart

29 Jun 2017, 10:21

pixelheresy wrote:
seebart wrote: Ahh...well users above the age of 88 like kbdfr deserve this type of respect. :lol: :evilgeek:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah kbdfr sold me two of the modules. the controller, and some of the caps I am using (some of the white relegendables, the numpad, the grey arrow keys). I tracked down most of the colored keycaps, the official blind keyblanks (in black, no less), and I found the Swedish QWERTY module locally as NOS.

No, it was a very cool, fun little project and having shortcuts and buttons galore is just geeky fun.
I know. Great project. And since kbdfr doesn't seem to care for my little age flame jokes I should refrain... :oops:

kbdfr
The Tiproman

29 Jun 2017, 12:51

signed:

seebart

29 Jun 2017, 13:18

:mrgreen:

DerpyDash_xAD

29 Jun 2017, 23:31

Hi guys, I'll post a pic once I've cleared all the beer cans off my desk :lol:

DerpyDash_xAD

30 Jun 2017, 00:03

What do you think? the speakers don't match because one was in a window for a few years, the sun bleached it :lol:

The keyboard is a pure pro - better pic here: Image

Wacom art tablet on the left for left handed Osu! and general use. Right hand mouse for first person shooters and mousey stuff. I suck with left handed mice. Both monitors are IPS, the main one is 16:10 dell, beautiful thing. The alternate is a cheap 16:9 IPS that I got for free.

Andrei P

04 Jul 2017, 08:20

My small fun corner. I'm hopping to get a bigger desk and bigger monitor in the near future :)Image

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

gogusrl

04 Jul 2017, 12:40

Isn't that monitor way to high up compared to your sitting position ?

wobbled

04 Jul 2017, 12:42

gogusrl wrote: Isn't that monitor way to high up compared to your sitting position ?
Perhaps he has embraced his inner giraffe.

zslane

04 Jul 2017, 18:18

Andrei P wrote: I'm hopping to get a bigger desk and bigger monitor in the near future :)
Don't forget to get a bigger keyboard while you're at it. :idea:

Andrei P

04 Jul 2017, 18:56

zslane wrote:
Andrei P wrote: I'm hopping to get a bigger desk and bigger monitor in the near future :)
Don't forget to get a bigger keyboard while you're at it. :idea:
I'm fine with 60%, in fact I love the form factor and it doesn't affect my productivity.
@gogusrl it looks that high from the photo, but it's not that bad in reality. I admit I could have put it a tad lower, but hey, don't want to put 4 more holes into the wall.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

2ter

06 Jul 2017, 21:08

my setup:

DerpyDash_xAD

06 Jul 2017, 21:58

2ter, love the speakers, keyboard and mouse selections - but what's the story on the wall mounted bicycle seats?

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

06 Jul 2017, 22:58

I want to visit you, 2ter!

PancakeMSTR

06 Jul 2017, 23:03

wobbled wrote: Will black curtains look better in my setup lads?
20161130_230047-min.jpg

Nice setup. What deskmat you got there? That looks perfect for me.

PancakeMSTR

06 Jul 2017, 23:03

20161130_230047-min.jpg

wobbled

06 Jul 2017, 23:32

PancakeMSTR wrote:
20161130_230047-min.jpg

Thanks mate, the mouse mat is a corsair MM 200 extended

PancakeMSTR

07 Jul 2017, 00:33

wobbled wrote:
PancakeMSTR wrote:
20161130_230047-min.jpg

Thanks mate, the mouse mat is a corsair MM 200 extended
Nice. I really dig how thin it is. Managed to find one that's 300mmx780mm, which is even better for me. That's a ModelF-122 or whatever right? You paint the case yourself?

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

07 Jul 2017, 00:47

Model F107.

wobbled

07 Jul 2017, 10:33

Like Hypkx said, it's a Model F 107 which I had powdercoated, I do have an F122 as well but I'm considering selling it since it gets almost no use.

Phenix
-p

07 Jul 2017, 13:12

I still want lt a F107 as well btw.. of cause F122/other Fs ar nice, but imho the 107 looks battleship'ly awesome..

2ter

07 Jul 2017, 21:09

DerpyDash_xAD wrote: 2ter, love the speakers, keyboard and mouse selections - but what's the story on the wall mounted bicycle seats?
speakers, keyboard and mouse are simple classics. i didn't mean to, but while putting together my bicycles i startet to accumulate more and more seats. then i saw a pic from a collector on flickr and decidet to hang them on the wall too. the left one is an old zeus pista seat i really like, and the center one i remodeled and recovered with fresh leather http://katzenhaar.tumblr.com/post/11025 ... red-saddle. the rest is nos ones from the 80ies.
ramnes wrote: I want to visit you, 2ter!
what sparks your interest? the desk, the audio equipment, the industrial shelving or the viennese old building flat?

Khers

25 Jul 2017, 18:09

Zoom out and you'll see an ugly cable nest under the desk. From this angle, however, it looks rather neat, if I may say so myself. I should really do something about that headphone cable.

t8c

25 Jul 2017, 19:36

2ter wrote: my setup:

Nice going! What is the audio control device?

2ter

25 Jul 2017, 20:30

t8c wrote: Nice going! What is the audio control device?
It's a Vivanco speaker selector switch. Audiophiles probably wouldn't use it. I use it to switch betwee the big, the small speakers and headphones at the desk. it also allows me to connect demanding headphones to the speaker outputs.

depletedvespene

26 Jul 2017, 04:24

My setup: TV, laptop with three monitors, a secondary computer to the side. And my dear Model M SSK, of course.

Not pictured: the speakers (they're right behind the laptop's screen; the secondary computer itself and the DROBO (both are in the table's lower surface); the REST of the cable chaos.

Madhias
BS TORPE

26 Jul 2017, 18:48

2ter wrote: my setup:
Cool desk made of this Verschalungsbretter! Also nice chair, desk, mouse and keyboard! Are those some special saddles on the wall? Like the one I once ordered probably drunken from an Australian guy?
Spoiler:

2ter

26 Jul 2017, 22:15

Thanks, it took me quite a while to find the extra long Verschalungsbretter.
The chair is some Swedish industrial design i found at Karla, the desk used to be my grandparents walnut dining table, Mouse and Keyboard where bought at Vienna flea markets.
The perforated one in the center is diy, drilled for more grip and ventilation and to make the saddle a tad softer, something they used to do in the 70ies. The heavily used one is a Zeus Pista, my favorite saddle i took off my daily ride because i am afraid i can't find a replacement .The rest is nos 70ies and 80ies saddles. Nothing as elaborate as the one you got.

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

28 Jul 2017, 22:04

Night shot.
IMG_20170728_220326.jpg
IMG_20170728_220326.jpg (1.38 MiB) Viewed 6240 times

Return to “Gallery”