[Cancelled] VorTex RACE 75% - EUROPEAN DISTRIBUTION

sixty
Gasbag Guru

09 Mar 2012, 16:12

king of dreams wrote:So what's the next course of action to take? Are we just going to write off the group buy entirely and start hassling paypal to give us our money back or are we going to carry on waiting indefinitely for paypal?
There is probably not much we can do at this point. Going by forum posts (and also what atarian wrote), this kind of behavior is sadly normal for them. There seems to be absolutely no way to get the money until they are forced to return it to you by EU law (which is in 4? months). I am still sending messages every day and I will call them once a week, but I have lost hope by now.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

09 Mar 2012, 20:05

As of today, I am attaching this bit of text:
Da es offensichtlich in Ihrer Absicht liegt meine Support-Anfragen zu ignorieren, werde Ich Ihnen die selbe E-Mail wie am Vortag, sowie alle bisher unbeantworteten E-Mails anhängen. Dies ist nun bereits die sechste E-Mail ohne Antwort.
Lets see what happens first: I go insane, they go insane or the E-Mail form tells me I have exceeded the amount of written lines possible.

dirge

09 Mar 2012, 20:08

keep it up bud, im in no rush for this, just don't let them get you down!

attarian

10 Mar 2012, 06:37

I would say that you're fighting alone.
If i remember it right you just have to give them tracking number right? Why not trying this last chance battle with real tracking number without signature on delivery?

sixty
Gasbag Guru

10 Mar 2012, 13:41

attarian wrote:I would say that you're fighting alone.
If i remember it right you just have to give them tracking number right? Why not trying this last chance battle with real tracking number without signature on delivery?
They removed the tracking numbers from their list of required documents when I pointed out the situation. This was when I had gained hope that maybe they would all resolve the issue. However, after that they have not worked on any document. Even my ID scan still is pending.

webwit
Wild Duck

10 Mar 2012, 13:47

I'd demand their ID scans and all documents proving they are a bank. Fucking criminals.

May we all start flooding them yet?
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/helps ... scalateTab
service@paypal.com

dirge

10 Mar 2012, 15:30

Is Vortex helping out?

sixty
Gasbag Guru

10 Mar 2012, 15:35

dirge wrote:Is Vortex helping out?
Nothing they can do really. VorTex sent me all documents they could possibly send me, including their company registration and even more detailed documents. It all does not help at all though if PayPal just ignores all documents without working through them at all.

attarian

10 Mar 2012, 17:21

That's sad, tracking number is something i could have helped you for...

fireglow

12 Mar 2012, 16:50

Hey sixty,
here's an interesting read about locked paypal accounts:
http://www.wekwerth.de/news/allgemein/p ... eutschland

sixty
Gasbag Guru

12 Mar 2012, 17:20

Thanks! I will see if any of the new knowledge can be used to our advantage.

Fred

13 Mar 2012, 11:16

Aw, double bummer! Not only did I miss out on this group buy, but then this happens. Hope it gets sorted out!

attarian

15 Mar 2012, 17:45

My KBT blocked in china finally passed chinese customs :)

webwit
Wild Duck

17 Mar 2012, 14:54

Thion

19 Mar 2012, 12:27

Gnah... any news?

sixty
Gasbag Guru

19 Mar 2012, 12:44

Nothing at all. It is an endless loop. Online support never responds at all and ingores all my emails. Phone support assures me that they will look into it and work through the documents. Never happens.

If I had not mentioned it earlier, my second private PayPal account and my fathers PayPal account (same name, same town) have also been blocked by them in the meantime, as they are "in contact with suspicious activities".

Looking through all the past articles on fuckpaypal and the similar forums, I am pretty sure we are now in the worst case scenario and will have to sit out 4 more months till the funds are released. At that point most likely half of you will have lost interest in these boards and I will just refund everyone their money.

I would already be cancelling and refunding this now, but PayPal does not even let me do this, though their block message claims that I can still send refunds, I actually can not.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

19 Mar 2012, 12:48

Also for curious German speaking folks, here is a copy of my last e-mail. I found a new e-mail address/support section where you can report problems with PayPal itself, so I gave them a shot too, but no response either.
Seit einer Einschränkung meines Kontos (Fall PP-XXX-XXX-XXX-XXX), werden weder die von Ihnen angeforderten Dokumente von Ihnen weder abgearbeitet, noch wird auf alle meine bisherigen Support-Anfragen geantwortet. Mittlerweile sind wir bei 9(!) unbeantworteten E-Mails zu diesem Problem.

Wie kann das überhaupt möglich sein? Als Klein-Unternehmer bin ich absolut auf PayPal und vor allem auf mein PayPal-Guthaben angewiesen. Sie halten nun bereits seit fast zwei Monaten knapp 3000 Euro von mir, bzw. meinen Kunden ein. Auf alle meine Support-Anfragen wird seit der zweiten E-Mail nicht mehr geantwortet. Dass diese E-Mails bei Ihnen ankommen, ist zweifellos der Fall, da mir dies durch Ihr automatisches E-Mail Bestätigungs-System vergewissert wird. Ich werde also schlicht und einfach von Ihrem Support ignoriert.

Auch auf diese E-Mail erhoffe ich mir bereits keine Antwort mehr. Ich bitte Sie mit dieser Beschwerde hiermit dennoch erneut den Fall (PP-XXX-XXX-XXX-XXX) einzusehen, auf meine E-Mails zu antworten und die angeforderten Dokumente endlich abzuarbeiten, damit die Einschränkung meines Accounts endlich aufgehoben werden kann.

Mit nicht mehr sehr freundlichen Grüßen,

cactux

19 Mar 2012, 12:58

[Account and posts deleted on request]

webwit
Wild Duck

19 Mar 2012, 13:06

Give us the case number and contact details. We will spam them back to hell. I want to make them cry.

GeorgeStorm

19 Mar 2012, 13:18

I can confirm that I'll be wanting a refund for both boards sadly :/

sixty
Gasbag Guru

19 Mar 2012, 13:34

cactux wrote:Did they block you because, you got too many gift payments?
They actually never told me why they blocked me.

CeeSA

19 Mar 2012, 13:37

@sixty, i know that is much todo but maybe helpfull.

bring this to http://www.heise.de/ct-tv/vorsicht-kunde-4797.html

sixty
Gasbag Guru

19 Mar 2012, 13:42

CeeSA wrote:@sixty, i know that is much todo but maybe helpfull.

bring this to http://www.heise.de/ct-tv/vorsicht-kunde-4797.html
I'll try. At this point nothing worse can come out of it either way, as they are entirely ignoring me already :D
I found another new e-mail today (from a hardwareluxx thread, where a PayPal employee responded), so I'll give that one a try today too. If there is nothing coming out of that either, I will soon give you guys green light to contract them and go all out.

Btw, this is what they already have from me by now:

This is pretty much all highly confidental information, that they are forcing me to send in, and then don't even use. You can see all of them are at least 1 month old by now, some almost approaching two months. What a joke of a company.

cactux

19 Mar 2012, 13:53

[Account and posts deleted on request]

Thion

19 Mar 2012, 14:23

Just a thought, but seeing as they are a payment transfer company and have no rights as a bank in Germany, therefore have no legal grounds for freezing the account, could you threaten to sue as a small claims case?

sixty
Gasbag Guru

19 Mar 2012, 14:29

Thion wrote:Just a thought, but seeing as they are a payment transfer company and have no rights as a bank in Germany, therefore have no legal grounds for freezing the account, could you threaten to sue as a small claims case?
Sadly not very easily. There are only a very few documented cases of this, and none have a clear outcome as far as I could tell. They are hiding behind their obscure laws in Luxemburg.

Thion

19 Mar 2012, 14:47

Maybe not actually sue, just something to scare them into resolving this faster.

Ascaii
The Beard

19 Mar 2012, 15:08

Yeah possibly the unterlassungsklage fireglow posted earlier might be the only way to get their asses moving.

tachyon

19 Mar 2012, 21:03

If this delay means the company will have the time to release boards with green LEDs, I will not ask for a refund ;)

JBert

19 Mar 2012, 22:37

Thion wrote:Maybe not actually sue, just something to scare them into resolving this faster.
Wouldn't that be a Mexican standoff? I bet they got an entire department with lawyers, so threatening to sue might not be a real threat.

A more diplomatic approach like the complaint procedures might be more successfull. At least you should have the backing of the state if they decide in your favour.

Return to “Group buys”