[IC] HADapter Round II (Pok3rFox, Diamonds, Splitkit) <= PRICES

For which Layout would you like to see the next HADapter kit?

WhiteFox (Focus on TrueFox)
28%
OLKB Planck/Preonic (See OP for layout)
19%
Pok3r (Mostly PN/FN mods)
43%
JD40/45like non-ortholinear 40% layouts
10%

Total votes: 134

Khers

07 Jul 2017, 20:32

Menuhin wrote: Damn..... cooking things slowly is the style of projects in DT, and usually it will be very delicious.
Despite the loooong wait.
DT style:

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

10 Jul 2017, 14:50

Wodan wrote: I've got some AWESOME renders from Plastikschnittstelle and will be getting a quote from GMK soon.
Sounds good.

ideus

10 Jul 2017, 23:20

Wodan wrote: I've got some AWESOME renders from Plastikschnittstelle and will be getting a quote from GMK soon.

Where are the renders? Please post them.

need

15 Jul 2017, 05:30

Can we get some convex 2.75u spacebars?

Wodan
ISO Advocate

17 Jul 2017, 13:14

need wrote: Can we get some convex 2.75u spacebars?
There's no "base molds" for those keys, latest addition is the 2u convex space bar where the new base mold cost several thousand euros :(

Wodan
ISO Advocate

17 Jul 2017, 13:37

Renders are now online. Please note they are not representative of the actual kit content, just a display of the HADapterII main kit on the target keyboards.

KeepClackingAnd...
Organizer Mechanicon

17 Jul 2017, 14:55

Beautiful!

TuxKey
LLAP

17 Jul 2017, 15:32

Thought this was about a possible new keyboard ...my bad..

compatible with every standard keycap set. dreamLayout
compatible with every standard keycap set. dreamLayout
dream_Keyboard_Layout.jpg (261.94 KiB) Viewed 9512 times
Last edited by TuxKey on 17 Jul 2017, 17:37, edited 1 time in total.

manzel

17 Jul 2017, 15:37

Will you only offer the Pokerfox, Diamonds and Splitkit or will the HADditionals also be available again?

Wodan
ISO Advocate

17 Jul 2017, 16:17

TuxKey wrote: why oh why do we keep seeing the same layout over and over again.. :roll:
isn't the market saturated with the same layout ??

How about something new???
Spoiler:
dream_Keyboard_Layout.jpg
Uhm ... this is a KEYCAPS GB ... I am trying to find the largest possible customer base and thus intentionally aim at popular layouts.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

17 Jul 2017, 16:18

manzel wrote: Will you only offer the Pokerfox, Diamonds and Splitkit or will the HADditionals also be available again?
Got a handfull of HADditionals kits left over from the first round that I will offer FCFS

manzel

17 Jul 2017, 16:33

During the GB of round 2 or do I have to come first now? Together with the GB would be nice to save on shipping.

PlastikSchnittstelle

17 Jul 2017, 16:47

the very right columns of a 65% layout is not really described by any modern standard. to my knowledge all available 65% keyboards at this time are from the keyboard community like the whitefox and rama65. these keyboards are also all fully programmable, right? so I guess most users have very different wishes about how to use/program the right column of their 65% keyboard. using things like page-up, page-down, home, end, insert and delete just derives from the fact, that most of us don't have any other fitting caps, right?
for having more freedom with the use of the right 65% column I would suggest nothing but diamonds. this way everyone is free to program them however s/he wants. for myself I have macros in mind.

Phenix
-p

17 Jul 2017, 16:50

PlastikSchnittstelle wrote:the very right columns of a 65% layout is not really described by any modern standard. to my knowledge all available 65% keyboards at this time are from the keyboard community like the whitefox and rama65. these keyboards are also all fully programmable, right? so I guess most users have very different wishes about how to use/program the right column of their 65% keyboard. using things like page-up, page-down, home, end, insert and delete just derives from the fact, that most of us don't have any other fitting caps, right?
for having more freedom with the use of the right 65% column I would suggest nothing but diamonds. this way everyone is free to program them however s/he wants. for myself I have macros in mind.
why not different symbols??
like a square, a star, Diamond, circle...
(tough, I doubt GMK has these as legends. in that case Diamonds are nice tough)

PlastikSchnittstelle

17 Jul 2017, 16:54

I'd welcome other symbols as long as they are simple and don't imply a certain meaning. but like you said - it's got to be something out of GMKs arsenal.
EDIT:
I'd also be happy with some extra blanks.

ideus

17 Jul 2017, 22:40

@wodan: I suppose you are aware that Yuri's Icon mods are available from GMK and that the set includes all the icon mods to cover a full size keyboard. You would like to explore using some of those icons in your upcoming GB. T0mb3ry has confirmed it and I suppose he can provide details on all his icons that are available.

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

17 Jul 2017, 22:55

That would be really nice and add even more compatibility.
Spoiler:

Wodan
ISO Advocate

18 Jul 2017, 09:24

The new icon mod molds are very neat but too exotic for the purpose of this GB. I would like to keep things classic, plain and simple. Somehow the diamond mod key as a feature got into this GB and I will gladly keep that going but I am not considering any other exotic mod legends.

The original idea is to provide adapter keycaps for HAD & friends keycap sets. Giving these keycaps exotic icon legends will not match well with all the other keycaps of those classic cherry beige doubleshots.

PlastikSchnittstelle

18 Jul 2017, 18:49

the new legends from the yuri gb in the linked picture are very nice but they are specifically meant to serve for the bottom row modifiers like control, alt, pn and os-key. they wouldn't make much sense for the right column of a 65% keybaord.

I agree with wodan, keeping it simple is probably the best way to go. It's good as it is but and if you decide to include more diamonds or even blanks for the right-65%-column I'd be super happy. I'm especially hoping for at least an extra top-row diamond because otherwise I'd have to use the "DT" for a 65% layout (ok, that would only apply to a truefox layout) and I don't like that.

Menuhin

18 Jul 2017, 20:12

I am not online to frequently to check this thread - and I definitely want to join this group-buy to get this useful and relatively affordable set - when is the Group-buy really going to happen approximately?

(Edit: I mean I really don't mind this project to be managed super super slowly, just like Berlin doesn't really need a new airport urgently yet. 8-) )

ideus

18 Jul 2017, 20:38

I understand the logic for a classic look and I concur with it in general. Just for the record, the Yuri's Icon set does include special icons for the 9 block, that has not been published, neither used on any set, yet.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

28 Jul 2017, 11:03

Okay :lol:
Got prices from GMK but I was taken down for a few days. Updated the OP with the estimated sales prices for the kits!

Shipping will be 6€ globally again.

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

28 Jul 2017, 11:06

Can't wait, the prices are really good.

ideus

29 Jul 2017, 04:23

Now that there are two molds for the 6u space bar, it would be good to specify which one are you gonna include in the split kit, hopefully it'd be the classic 18xx off centered one, or in case of doubt, to include both.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

29 Jul 2017, 07:27

ideus wrote: Now that there are two molds for the 6u space bar, it would be good to specify which one are you gonna include in the split kit, hopefully it'd be the classic 18xx off centered one, or in case of doubt, to include both.
I wasn't aware of this stem confusion until recently and have thus decided to replace the 6u space bar with a standard 7u space bar for people who want a fresh space bar on their WKL board. I couldn't decide which 6u space bar makes more sense and won't include both.

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

29 Jul 2017, 08:02

I don't like this decision, one reason I wanted to buy the split kit was the 6u spacebar. I think it's rather hard to come by a 6u beige spacebar, but really easy to find a 7u beige spacebar. For me it isn't important how the stems are placed, because many keyboards have PCBs with multiple switch positions. I think it would be better to re-include the 6u spacebar.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

29 Jul 2017, 08:21

Give me a good example where the the 6u space bar is used other than classic 1800 layouts.

Here's a beige 6u space bar in thick PBT for you:
https://www.ebay.de/itm/372027158808

You are right, it is harder to come by but there are also hardly any uses for the 6u space bars I can think of. Not even starting to think of _FLAT_ 6u stabilizer wires ...

kbdfr
The Tiproman

29 Jul 2017, 09:52

Wodan wrote: […] Here's a beige 6u space bar in thick PBT for you:
https://www.ebay.de/itm/372027158808 […]
Cheaper (3.50€ atm, but thick?) here:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/253054728119

Even cheaper here:
https://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_from=R4 ... x&_sacat=0

And, of course, even cheaper (considering shipping cost) here:
for-sale-f55/miscellaneous-keycaps-t17027.html :mrgreen:

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

29 Jul 2017, 09:59

Thanks for the links, but they are all PBT, I own already two PBT ones :lol:
The 6u bar with the center stem is very desired by HHKB users, but I need it for my redscarf. Maybe a poll will help.

hansichen

29 Jul 2017, 10:10

Are there really users who would rape a hhkb for og doubleshots? For me it feels like that would be one out of the 150 buyers. And for the modern 1800 layout you will most likely lack the 1u mods

Return to “Group buys”