Round 6: The Cappening

krutmob

08 Apr 2017, 05:07

Slowly pieced together a TKL with no blanks. Sorry for trashphone camera quality.
Attachments
IuvWvAw.png
IuvWvAw.png (744.31 KiB) Viewed 7203 times

zslane

08 Apr 2017, 06:07

That's cool!

What happens when you hit one of those 2u POS keys?

krutmob

08 Apr 2017, 07:50

zslane wrote: That's cool!

What happens when you hit one of those 2u POS keys?
Thanks. Those are just placeholders for now. I can't reprogram the Rapid-i. This set is actually going on a 60% and those POS keys are going on a macropad I'm making. Round 6b will be on this Rapid-i with a Norbauer case.

I saw Norbauer has a white option for R2 . . . sound right up your alley zslane.

zslane

08 Apr 2017, 09:16

krutmob wrote: I saw Norbauer has a white option for R2 . . . sound right up your alley zslane.
Totally. I'll definitely be ordering a white one.

Phenix
-p

08 Apr 2017, 11:15

zslane wrote:
krutmob wrote: I saw Norbauer has a white option for R2 . . . sound right up your alley zslane.
Novatouched R1 had this white version
https://www.dropbox.com/s/es48cmdx4q873 ... 4.jpg?dl=0

Or are you talking about Norbauers Realforce case?

krutmob

08 Apr 2017, 17:43

Phenix wrote:
zslane wrote:

We were talking about the Norbauer Cooler Master case--I'm not aware of a Realforce case by Norb.

Phenix
-p

08 Apr 2017, 19:20

krutmob wrote:
Phenix wrote:
zslane wrote: Totally. I'll definitely be ordering a white one.

We were talking about the Norbauer Cooler Master case--I'm not aware of a Realforce case by Norb.
ok. AFAIK norbauer is looking into doing an Realforce case soonTM.

my picture is an 'space station white' R1..

krutmob

11 Apr 2017, 00:02

Work in progress: Round 6 Macropad. Custom CNC walnut case.

phinix

11 Apr 2017, 09:49

Cool. What macro will be assigned under Panic button?:)

Phenix
-p

11 Apr 2017, 10:59

phinix wrote:Cool. What macro will be assigned under Panic button?:)
maybe an boss key.
that case looks really nice btw!
How much did you ended up paying for the case/plate?
I have an pcb of those as well, but still struggle programming the pro micro

krutmob

11 Apr 2017, 15:48

Panic button will close all word documents and open Overwatch.

I made the case myself out of reclaimed butcher block, so that was free + about 3 hours on the CNC machine. If there is enough interest, I could make more cases I think.

The PCB is cheap as dirt as you know--I think like $10.

Phenix
-p

11 Apr 2017, 16:35

Yea, the pcb is cheap af.
How much did you spent for the plate?
I planned to do an PCB mount build..

Your wood case looks really nice - I want to do something similar, but by hand

krutmob

11 Apr 2017, 16:54

Thank you!

Ah, sorry. The plate was something like $25 or $30 USD from lasergist. I need a better option for plate carving. The laser cutter I have access to right now isn't enough.

gogusrl

10 Jun 2017, 10:44

jacopods

20 Sep 2017, 20:36

Here is my very share of round6: this is my blank-cad3t

Slom

20 Sep 2017, 21:11

That looks nice :) What case is that?

zslane

20 Sep 2017, 23:06

Looks like a Pok3r case.

Griffy

22 Sep 2017, 14:13

Need to test a new hosting:

zslane

22 Sep 2017, 18:45

Intriguing! Show us more!

(BTW, it really needs the blue spacebar to do justice to the "Space Cadet" keycap aesthetic.)

Griffy

22 Sep 2017, 19:06

You must have forgot. I came to DT when the R6 was almost gone so dont even talk about the R5. But then 7bit cleared some unpaid orders and by magic I managed to pick together a norde keyboard from scraps.

So from my perspective I was extremely lucky like a once in a lifetime lucky so it is what it is.

I just wanted to test a new hosting site since photobucket broke the internet I went and added webhosting to my domain so this wont ever happen again against my will. I was thinking of uploading some of the old pics since they are broken now, even tho they depict a not genuin complete set.

I wonder why the forum rotated the picture above?

Griffy

22 Sep 2017, 19:13

Daniel Beardsmore

22 Sep 2017, 19:15

Phones and some cameras contain an orientation sensor, and on such devices, the device orientation is included in the EXIF information embedded inside photographs (alongside make, model, shutter speed, date and time, flash usage, where you are in the world etc). That is, if you hold the camera sideways, the image comes out the right way up automatically.

Unfortunately support for EXIF orientation in browsers is iffy. Also, working on images can cause trouble if the orientation parameter gets left unaltered, compounding the problem.

Griffy

22 Sep 2017, 19:24

Daniel Beardsmore wrote: Phones and some cameras contain an orientation sensor, and on such devices, the device orientation is included in the EXIF information embedded inside photographs (alongside make, model, shutter speed, date and time, flash usage, where you are in the world etc). That is, if you hold the camera sideways, the image comes out the right way up automatically.

Unfortunately support for EXIF orientation in browsers is iffy. Also, working on images can cause trouble if the orientation parameter gets left unaltered, compounding the problem.
If you go to the URL the photo is in the way I thought it would come out. So are you saying the forum checks some imbeded flag for orientation?

Click here to see what I mean.

Griffy

22 Sep 2017, 19:26

Btw I have quite alot of keys from this buy I could trade. Im gonna try and take a pic Monday, they are at work.

zslane

22 Sep 2017, 20:10

GriffDeLaGriff wrote: ... I managed to pick together a norde keyboard from scraps.
Fair enough. I will point out, however, that BFP blue spacebars are available from www.pimpmykeyboard.com, so you don't have to order them from 7bit.

Daniel Beardsmore

22 Sep 2017, 22:19

GriffDeLaGriff wrote: If you go to the URL the photo is in the way I thought it would come out. So are you saying the forum checks some imbeded flag for orientation?
The image is marked as "Left bottom" orientation — I guess that means −90° (portrait 90° anticlockwise).

The actual issue seems to be the that EXIF orientation is only applied to inline images if you enable this via CSS (image-orientation: from-image). Images viewed directly (not within an HTML page) do get EXIF orientation applied.

I had to make use of this CSS option myself when implementing inline viewing of image attachments at work, after encountering the same problem myself.

Griffy

23 Sep 2017, 10:33

zslane wrote:
GriffDeLaGriff wrote: ... I managed to pick together a norde keyboard from scraps.
Fair enough. I will point out, however, that BFP blue spacebars are available from http://www.pimpmykeyboard.com, so you don't have to order them from 7bit.

I didnt know that so thank you. However they want $15 just for shipping so since my keyboard is not complete anyways Id ont really care. Its just a placeholder for the Dasher wich is a placeholder for the Honeywell that is my endgame. It wont be tho because I was too late to the party for that aswell so am missing some keys there also :( but I suspect it will look pretty good nonetheless.

Griffy

23 Sep 2017, 10:36

Daniel Beardsmore wrote:
GriffDeLaGriff wrote: If you go to the URL the photo is in the way I thought it would come out. So are you saying the forum checks some imbeded flag for orientation?
The image is marked as "Left bottom" orientation — I guess that means −90° (portrait 90° anticlockwise).

The actual issue seems to be the that EXIF orientation is only applied to inline images if you enable this via CSS (image-orientation: from-image). Images viewed directly (not within an HTML page) do get EXIF orientation applied.

I had to make use of this CSS option myself when implementing inline viewing of image attachments at work, after encountering the same problem myself.
So its a bug? Since the photo is taken like it is on the hostingpage and it is this orientation I took it on the phone and it looks right on the phone, My pc, and the source. The only place wrong is the forum.

I also dont quite understand how I am to correct it since it wont ever be on any page it just lies in the root and wil be linked and inserted into bulletincode.

jacopods

10 Oct 2017, 05:08

Slom wrote: That looks nice :) What case is that?
Yeah that's just a regular white pok3r case

phinix

03 Jan 2018, 13:48

Now my stuff :D
20180102_231412.jpg
20180102_231412.jpg (3.49 MiB) Viewed 6123 times
20180102_231400.jpg
20180102_231400.jpg (3.74 MiB) Viewed 6123 times
20180102_231344.jpg
20180102_231344.jpg (3.85 MiB) Viewed 6123 times

Return to “Gallery”