REΛLFORCE R2

zslane

30 Sep 2017, 17:44

I guess I'm thankful that Topre decided to try and attract the gamer market. I don't think I'd ever get an ANSI 108 keyboard with MX stem compatibility out of them any other way. I would gladly trade the gaudy RGB backlighting for the older case style, but overall the benefits of the RGB vastly outweigh the negatives for me.

Of course, since the R2 has none of the benefits of the RGB, it is a completely worthless product in my eyes.

_PixelNinja

01 Oct 2017, 14:12

Elrick wrote: NEVER over evaluate anything, when it comes to the World of Topre ;) .

Cooler Master isn't a Niche Manufacturer and would never be one. In fact Leopold has surprised me with their further adventures into the Topre domain which is a super fine decision for us the Thorpie Addicts.

I'm not disappointed with CM at all because their focus is for the idiot Mainstream and the Thorpie isn't for the mainstream and hopefully will never be that way. Downside is where Realforce is going, lowering their standards down to the gutter masters known as 'Gamers' who's main contribution is atrocious colors and blaring Vegas Lighting to attract moronic moths.

It's just for us who grew to hold Realforce up to a much higher standard and have now been kicked in our ball-sacks by pre-pubescent gamer's, thinking this is Superb. All it will do is make us, collect the older Realforce's with even more gusto and hold onto them, like what IBM SSK's, Blue-Alps switched keyboard collectors have done for some time now.
While I get the concern in regards to the potential drop in quality, I don't buy the elitist condescending discourse — sorry. If anything, that is what is childish.

I'm saying this as someone who's involved in creating a mechanical keyboard thread and guide on a foreign messageboard, and spends time trying to explain to neophytes how to make educated choices when purchasing a mechanical keyboard: this kind of attitude will get us nowhere in making people understand our hobby, and what makes a quality keyboard.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

01 Oct 2017, 21:30

_PixelNinja wrote: While I get the concern in regards to the potential drop in quality, I don't buy the elitist condescending discourse — sorry. If anything, that is what is childish.

I'm saying this as someone who's involved in creating a mechanical keyboard thread and guide on a foreign messageboard, and spends time trying to explain to neophytes how to make educated choices when purchasing a mechanical keyboard: this kind of attitude will get us nowhere in making people understand our hobby, and what makes a quality keyboard.
There is some validity to what your saying, bottom line is none of us here have tested or even seen this new REΛLFORCE R2 from what I understand. So in regard to my own premature comments I'd have to add that I DON'T REALLY KNOW if this product is actaully of lesser quality or not. If we can make anyone understand our hobby is pretty relative but helping someone understand what makes out a quality keyboard and what is or isn't overpriced can be pretty important. Generally I'd still say Topre is pretty "overhyped" and in my opinion Topres keyboards are certainly overpriced quite a bit.

zslane

01 Oct 2017, 22:19

Well, if the R2 case is the same design as the RGB, and it appears from the photos that it is, then I can say with confidence that it is of lesser (build) quality than the previous Realforce case design. But maybe Topre tweaked the design to eliminate its deficiencies, and in such a way that isn't apparent just from looking at it. But I highly doubt it. They still need to recoup the tooling costs of the new case design, not spend more money on changes after less than a year.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

02 Oct 2017, 08:01

zslane wrote: Well, if the R2 case is the same design as the RGB, and it appears from the photos that it is, then I can say with confidence that it is of lesser (build) quality than the previous Realforce case design.

Oh yeah I forgot you own a Topre RGB right? But until we have a side by side test it's still speculation.
zslane wrote: But maybe Topre tweaked the design to eliminate its deficiencies, and in such a way that isn't apparent just from looking at it. But I highly doubt it. They still need to recoup the tooling costs of the new case design, not spend more money on changes after less than a year.
Yeah I doubt that also. Just as long as they don't discontinue their "old" KB line...

sandylu1995

07 Dec 2017, 12:11

sorry don't really think the color is great...

Return to “News”