Save the date! MECHANICON is back! Oct 14th 2017, Frankfurt/Main

KeepClackingAnd...
Organizer Mechanicon

18 Jun 2017, 15:47

Hi!

The MECHANICON 2016 was a huge success and we had a lot of fun, so we are planning another one for this year!

Date: October 14th, 2017
Time: 16:00–20:00

Do I want this?

Attendance is free! Come over, chat about your hobby, bring your keyboards, try other keyboards, trade/eat/laugh/ :)

There will be free pizza and drinks thanks to CandyKeys! You can meet them at the event! They will be there in person and you can view and buy all the things they have in their shop.

I want this!

We created a Meetup group. Please join us and RSVP for the event, so we know how many people/keyboards to expect:

https://www.meetup.com/de-DE/Mechanical ... 240842117/

:!: Important :!:
When RSVPing, you will be asked for your real name.
We need to know the real names of all attendees, because there will be a guest list.
To enter the event, you need to be on the guest list.

Can I do more?
If you want to give a talk or a workshop, just let me know!

Hope to see you there! I will keep you updated!

Best,
Christian
Last edited by KeepClackingAnd... on 25 Aug 2017, 19:45, edited 2 times in total.

TuxKey
LLAP

18 Jun 2017, 17:37

last meeting looked like great fun guys.. :D
i live in The Netherlands near the coast...hmm dammmm i got my RedHat cert exam around that month..really sucks..
Hope to get my K-type with the new Halo True...
Ahh wel will see if i can make it...if not have fun guys take lot's of picks ;)

KeepClackingAnd...
Organizer Mechanicon

18 Jun 2017, 19:49

I hope you can make it! Keyboard window shopping at our meetup would be a good way to celebrate that certificate :twisted: :P

kekstee

18 Jun 2017, 19:58

Oh, cool. I'll definitely try to be there. Was nice sharing the builds and getting to see some rare stuff first hand last time.

Also really curious how strict that time frame will be. Doors closed if we're early or is there some "set-up time".

KeepClackingAnd...
Organizer Mechanicon

18 Jun 2017, 20:46

Yes, this is a good point! We plan to "officially" open it at 16:00, but doors probably will be open an hour earlier, so everyone that brings something has enough time to set it up.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

20 Jun 2017, 09:03

Since FFM is my home town I will definitely be there.

I had this crazy idea to put up a little DT corner there and want to call all DT members to unite ;)
Let's coordinate who is bringing which keyboards so we don't bring too many duplicates and cover a nice range!

Maybe seebart also joins us and he can bring a nice Cherry keyboard that I will desolder live on stage :lol:

Phenix
-p

21 Jun 2017, 19:54

Wodan wrote:Since FFM is my home town I will definitely be there.

I had this crazy idea to put up a little DT corner there and want to call all DT members to unite ;)
Let's coordinate who is bringing which keyboards so we don't bring too many duplicates and cover a nice range!

Maybe seebart also joins us and he can bring a nice Cherry keyboard that I will desolder live on stage :lol:
now that you have your new desoldering station you have to ;)

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

21 Jun 2017, 20:19

No, Wodan himself is a desoldering station. :lol: :evilgeek:

Phenix
-p

21 Jun 2017, 20:22

not
A desoldering station.

its
THE desoldering station

:lol:

seebart

21 Jun 2017, 20:23

Yes Phenix true but let's not "overflame" here...

KeepClackingAnd...
Organizer Mechanicon

21 Jun 2017, 20:51

I think a DT corner would be pretty cool. Just let me know what you need, I'll try my best to make it possible!

faxe
5711 4 life

22 Jun 2017, 14:38

Already signed up and bought a train ticket ;) DT Corner FTW.Will bring Clueboard that I bought with my raffle price from last year!

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

22 Jun 2017, 17:05

If nothing cross my plan I will also be there. Is there a couch where I can sleep? Last time I drove two times 14 hours with the bus and that wasn't really nice :) .

KeepClackingAnd...
Organizer Mechanicon

25 Aug 2017, 19:46

Hey! I just updated the inital post. There is also more information on the meetup page, so you should check it out too.

Looking forward to meet you!

faxe
5711 4 life

28 Aug 2017, 12:48

Looking forward to this!

KeepClackingAnd...
Organizer Mechanicon

04 Sep 2017, 16:59

Good news! Cherry will join us and they working on bringing a surprise to the meetup, so get excited!

Wodan
ISO Advocate

04 Sep 2017, 17:05

Holy moly!!!

faxe
5711 4 life

12 Sep 2017, 12:15

Train tickets booked.

faxe
5711 4 life

14 Sep 2017, 09:55

Should we start thinking about the DT corner?

KeepClackingAnd...
Organizer Mechanicon

14 Sep 2017, 10:04

Yes, start thinking please :) I want to support this, but I may need some time to check with the location (depending on what you come up with). :D

KeepClackingAnd...
Organizer Mechanicon

19 Sep 2017, 19:39

pssst - GMK will join us too! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Wodan
ISO Advocate

28 Sep 2017, 11:38

I am calling all Deskthority members to participate in the DT Corner thread. let's coordinate our boards a little and give them one hell of a show:

deskthority-f17/deskthority-corner-at-t ... 17408.html

KeepClackingAnd...
Organizer Mechanicon

17 Oct 2017, 17:33

Here are some pictures of the event: https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipO ... VPRTNHbnd3

Enjoy!

seebart

17 Oct 2017, 17:53

KeepClackingAnd... wrote: Here are some pictures of the event: https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipO ... VPRTNHbnd3

Enjoy!
Thanks for posting those pictures, looks like a really cool event minus the vintage keyboards.

depletedvespene

17 Oct 2017, 17:56

KeepClackingAnd... wrote: Here are some pictures of the event: https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipO ... VPRTNHbnd3

Enjoy!
Enjoyed. Thanks!

kekstee

17 Oct 2017, 20:03

Wow, these are some of the best pictures that exist of my boards. Much appreciated :)

zslane

17 Oct 2017, 20:12

I like how well represented Carbon was at that gathering.

Shame no G20 Semiotic was on display...

KeepClackingAnd...
Organizer Mechanicon

17 Oct 2017, 20:32

kekstee wrote: Wow, these are some of the best pictures that exist of my boards. Much appreciated :)
Thanks! I will pass the praise to Andi, who did the pictures. :)

KeepClackingAnd...
Organizer Mechanicon

30 Oct 2017, 15:18

seebart

30 Oct 2017, 17:46

Thanks for posting, a little "Cherry-heavy" but since I now know Wodan is "harmless" this was good. :mrgreen:

Return to “News”