IDENTIFY THE KEYBOARD thread

Nuum

23 Oct 2017, 20:28

Keybug wrote: Thou heathen! Hath not the Lord provided thee with a can of spray lube? Thou shalt apply it liberally to the stems of the reviled Miniature switch from the East. Then shalt thou see the shining light of truth!
[...]
May I ask what kind of spray lube you used on your Mitsumi miniature mechanicals? I tried some generic stuff that certainly is not perfect for plastics and it worked quite well, but I feel like it could be better.

PS: Text links work like this: yoururl[/i]]yourtext

thebluefox

23 Oct 2017, 21:04

thebluefox wrote: :-) It was just an ascertainment, if I had known, I would have not asked.
:lol: Finally its`s a Cherry MX 3000M CYA with black switches. :lol:
It has a PS2 connector already so no need to any cable replacement or adapters...

Scottex

24 Oct 2017, 11:36

índice.jpg
índice.jpg (64.85 KiB) Viewed 6342 times
Any ideas? Looks like BTC, but the font doesn't match.
Back plate is black and model number is DKM-2000 AT.

thebluefox

24 Oct 2017, 13:42

Scottex wrote:
índice.jpg
Looks like some industrial keyboard :D .
I have a Laser keyboard that was used in some production environment, this keyboard reminds me of it.

thebluefox

24 Oct 2017, 13:55

Scottex wrote:
índice.jpg

Maybe Omnikey 101 :D

Keybug

24 Oct 2017, 17:28

Thanks for the URL formatting tip. I used a special spray lube for plastic parts (bought it on Amazon, I think), worked like a charm on those Mitsumis.

A quick glance has revealed that my "mystery" board indeed has Proworld MX clones, it seems to have seen plenty of use. The switches feel rather nice but there is an issue with unwanted key repeats. The keycap distribution is very strange, an apparently unsystematic mix of terribly thin cheap yellowed caps and rather nice doubleshots, which have hardly yellowed at all. The legends with the German Umlauts are so wonky, they look almost hand-painted (at least the dots above the letters).

I'll take it apart one of these days and post pictures.

Keybug

25 Oct 2017, 20:46

This one is puzzling me. At first glance I thought G80-1800 but the layout is different after all. It seems to have yummy double-shots but not Cherry ones. What switches would you expect - or is it just a nice-looking RD board? Thanks.
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg (270.27 KiB) Viewed 6246 times

2ter

25 Oct 2017, 21:53

acme or something similar, don't remember the exact model or name. should have alps clone switches.
the keycaps on mine are printed.
are the proworld linear or the clicky variant?

davkol

25 Oct 2017, 21:58

I don't think the manufacturer has been identified, but it should have clicky simplified Alps switches, metal case and Alps GlidePoint touchpad.

Keybug

26 Oct 2017, 10:29

Found it thanks to you guys naming the GlidePoint. Seems to be a mix of SKBM white and clones for the LED keys: keyboards-f2/awesome-work-find-glidepoi ... 14521.html.

If anyone wants it, just search (German) eBay for 'Schroff keyboard'. It's NIB and can probably be had for around 35€ plus shipping.

rymut

29 Oct 2017, 00:27

Two keyboards one question: what kind of switches those keyboard uses?

I suspect that the HIGHSCREEN one uses Cherry MY, but the other one.. I'm not so sure.
Attachments
keyboard 2
keyboard 2
keyboard2.jpg (73.79 KiB) Viewed 6117 times
Keyboard 1
Keyboard 1
keyboard1.jpg (207.63 KiB) Viewed 6117 times

Daniel Beardsmore

29 Oct 2017, 00:57

The first looks related to [wiki]Datacomp DFK515[/wiki] which was found with blue Alps.

The second is probably Cherry MX Blue — it seems to be a Parex keyboard classified (rightly or wrongly) against [wiki]Unitech K959[/wiki].

Keybug

29 Oct 2017, 08:26

I've always considered the little round LED windows inside stepped keycaps a warning sign for BTC or other foam and foil boards (cf. Wiki entry for Model F clones). Does anyone have a reference to an ALPS board that has them?

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

29 Oct 2017, 08:44

rymut wrote: Two keyboards one question: what kind of switches those keyboard uses?

I suspect that the HIGHSCREEN one uses Cherry MY, but the other one.. I'm not so sure.
I own that same keyboard twice. One has MX blacks the other MX blues. That is plate mounted! BUT that same keyboard has also been sighted with Cyan Omrons!

wiki/Unitech_K959
Daniel Beardsmore wrote: The second is probably Cherry MX Blue — it seems to be a Parex keyboard classified (rightly or wrongly) against [wiki]Unitech K959[/wiki].
Rightly. Quite so. Proof in pictures should be sufficient.

thebluefox

01 Nov 2017, 08:55

What do you think? Looks like a BTC...
key.jpg
key.jpg (34.87 KiB) Viewed 6015 times

Chyros

01 Nov 2017, 13:23

Reminds me of some of the old Maxi Switch boards.

thebluefox

02 Nov 2017, 09:58

Yeah, however it has a Win key... The aspect of the keyboard tough looks promising.

thebluefox

02 Nov 2017, 10:40

compaq.jpg
compaq.jpg (58.95 KiB) Viewed 5957 times
Another mistery... :o

Chyros

02 Nov 2017, 12:45

Probably wither rubber dome or NMB dome with slider.

thebluefox

03 Nov 2017, 10:58

From the size and thickness of the keyboard it looks like rubberdome. However, I have a keyboard with(Ortek) white Alps clones almost identical as format. The only difference is that it has a big ass enter key.
The design of the keyboard is nice with the pen support, and it makes me want to make my own tenkeyless with a similar shape.
I have bought another keyboard from the seller, for the same price, only that it was a Cherry G80 with blacks.

ohaimark
Kingpin

03 Nov 2017, 13:43

Compaqs, as a general rule, are rubber domes.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

03 Nov 2017, 13:56

Except for Cherry G80-11800 MX Brown trackball server boards

Myoth

03 Nov 2017, 13:57

Wodan wrote: Except for Cherry G80-11800 MX Brown trackball server boards

and the magnificent 1838 :D

ohaimark
Kingpin

03 Nov 2017, 14:11

Those are recognizably Cherry, though. hah

AMongoose

03 Nov 2017, 14:30

thebluefox wrote:
compaq.jpg
Another mistery... :o
I have that one, from one of my first computers, it's really really mushy, probably my worst board.
Some variety of dome with slider if i remember correctly.

davkol

03 Nov 2017, 15:54

Besides those, there's also Compaq Enhanced Keyboard (Key Tronic foam&foil).

Darkshado

06 Nov 2017, 03:09

AMongoose wrote: Some variety of dome with slider if i remember correctly.
Do check if you get a chance, it's worth documenting the mount type for keycap scavenging.

OldIsNew

06 Nov 2017, 18:27

This is listed as an Eagle IV keyboard - does anyone recognize what the type of switches these are?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Vintage-E ... SwpLdZzPgt
switches.jpg
switches.jpg (203.92 KiB) Viewed 5772 times
If not, does anyone at least have a theory about the black gunk?

purdobol

06 Nov 2017, 18:41

OldIsNew wrote: If not, does anyone at least have a theory about the black gunk?
Looks like tar to me :lol:

Daniel Beardsmore

06 Nov 2017, 20:42

They appear to be [wiki]Futaba sealed linear[/wiki] — the shell is a match, and sealed linear has two retention legs in addition to the terminals that tie up with the PCB in question.

Judging by the photo, those retention legs also function as an integrated jumper.

Sealed linear is the only type for which I was not able to get any details.

Return to “Keyboards”