Post your desktop.

depletedvespene

13 Oct 2017, 11:54

Whoa, this kind of mess goes beyond my ex's and approaches a certain professor in my university (please tell me that you DON'T have a typewriter buried in there).

flowerlandfilms

13 Oct 2017, 12:40

depletedvespene wrote: Whoa, this kind of mess goes beyond my ex's and approaches a certain professor in my university (please tell me that you DON'T have a typewriter buried in there).
It's my workbench, everything on there is completely essential.
And actuallly the Jurassic Park mug on the left does have Alps typewriter keys in it, so sort of.

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

13 Oct 2017, 12:57

We should make a own thread for messy desktops and it is not that bad, you can still see the table.

depletedvespene

13 Oct 2017, 13:16

flowerlandfilms wrote:
depletedvespene wrote: Whoa, this kind of mess goes beyond my ex's and approaches a certain professor in my university (please tell me that you DON'T have a typewriter buried in there).
And actuallly the Jurassic Park mug on the left does have Alps typewriter keys in it, so sort of.
And what does the empty beer bottle contain? :?

Seriously, though, perhaps you could invest in a side table to separate the desk-y elements from the workbench-y elements, or something like that (meanwhile, I have to fix the cable chaos in my own setup, so who am I to point fingers?).

flowerlandfilms

13 Oct 2017, 13:39

depletedvespene wrote:
flowerlandfilms wrote:
And what does the empty beer bottle contain? :?

Seriously, though, perhaps you could invest in a side table to separate the desk-y elements from the workbench-y elements, or something like that (meanwhile, I have to fix the cable chaos in my own setup, so who am I to point fingers?).
It's a Stewarts Grape Soda bottle, and it contains the plastic tabs from a Vegeta Saiyan Space Pod model I assembled in Tokyo.
eaykx.gif
eaykx.gif (1.97 MiB) Viewed 13635 times

hbar

13 Oct 2017, 13:43

depletedvespene wrote: Seriously, though, perhaps you could invest in a side table to separate the desk-y elements from the workbench-y elements, or something like that (meanwhile, I have to fix the cable chaos in my own setup, so who am I to point fingers?).
I've got a better idea: there's a lot of space above those 65000×16 pixel widescreen monitors, maybe just place a shelf above them?

andrewjoy

13 Oct 2017, 14:01

Its not that bad , you can see a bit of desk !

flowerlandfilms

13 Oct 2017, 14:02

hbar wrote:
depletedvespene wrote: Seriously, though, perhaps you could invest in a side table to separate the desk-y elements from the workbench-y elements, or something like that (meanwhile, I have to fix the cable chaos in my own setup, so who am I to point fingers?).
I've got a better idea: there's a lot of space above those 65000×16 pixel widescreen monitors, maybe just place a shelf above them?
I'm saving that space for one of these...
ddd.jpg
ddd.jpg (57.78 KiB) Viewed 13601 times

depletedvespene

13 Oct 2017, 14:11

Can I have two of those, while we're at it?

flowerlandfilms

13 Oct 2017, 14:46

Space station monitors all around!

Phenix
-p

13 Oct 2017, 16:05

flowerlandfilms wrote:Space station monitors all around!
confer to Ergotron monitor arms.. they look spacyy.. And are ergonomjc..

JP!

23 Oct 2017, 04:04

Unfinished setup at my new place. Beam desk aka desk saver soon to be functional. I was thinking that I could also sit the beam desk under my main height adjustable desk. Any recommendations for a nice office chair?
IMG_2321.JPG
IMG_2321.JPG (1.73 MiB) Viewed 13551 times

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

23 Oct 2017, 06:49

JP! wrote: Unfinished setup at my new place. Beam desk aka desk saver soon to be functional. I was thinking that I could also sit the beam desk under my main height adjustable desk. Any recommendations for a nice office chair?
Sweet! Real nice to see the Beam desk in a real day-to-day setting. Looking foreward to your progress!

davkol

23 Oct 2017, 12:40

JP! wrote: Any recommendations for a nice office chair?
Ultimate Chair Buying Resource Thread

mike52787
Alps Aficionado

05 Nov 2017, 03:30

flowerlandfilms wrote: Y'all sure got some clean ass desks.
IMG_20171013_193003.jpg
Are we the only 2 people that actually use our desks instead of keeping them clean for the perfect photo op???

Messy ass desk here, you have been warned
Spoiler:

Sorry for the shit pic, blame my iPhone

depletedvespene

05 Nov 2017, 04:10

I only clean my desk up FOR the photo op.

flowerlandfilms

05 Nov 2017, 11:16

mike52787 wrote:
IMG_20171013_193003.jpg
Are we the only 2 people that actually use our desks instead of keeping them clean for the perfect photo op???

Spoiler:

Sweet monitor setup.
If I miss one thing about America, it's those bigass toggle light switches.
You can't get those here.

Phenix
-p

05 Nov 2017, 12:18

@flower:

Maybe check China..? Tough I would worry about heating

That’s a nice monitor setup tough. But way too much white. Go and use a dark mode :)

seebart

05 Nov 2017, 13:51

mike52787 wrote:
IMG_20171013_193003.jpg

Spoiler:

You got enough screens man? :lol: Plus I love how you have the Cherry logo on your monitors yet a F107 sitting on your desk. :mrgreen: And a very nice looking oldschool stereo on the right hand side.

mike52787
Alps Aficionado

05 Nov 2017, 14:38

seebart wrote: You got enough screens man? :lol: Plus I love how you have the Cherry logo on your monitors yet a F107 sitting on your desk. :mrgreen: And a very nice looking oldschool stereo on the right hand side.
Haha to be completely honest I don't use the TV above my monitors very often, just when I want to lay in bed and watch something. As for the audio setup, it is a pair of KLH Model 5s I refurbished awhile back, and a somewhat crappy reciever (that will be replaced soon, I have a much nicer one that needs a bit of TLC). Personally it is the best sounding home stereo setup I have ever listened to.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

06 Nov 2017, 11:30

mike52787 wrote:
IMG_20171013_193003.jpg

Spoiler:

You call yours a messy desk?
Spoiler:
:mrgreen:

depletedvespene

06 Nov 2017, 12:04

The messiness isn't too bad, but... no chairs, dude? :mrgreen:

kbdfr
The Tiproman

06 Nov 2017, 12:34

I was kneeling on it to obtain a better angle for the photo :lol:

mike52787
Alps Aficionado

06 Nov 2017, 15:48

kbdfr wrote:
Spoiler:
Yup! and I call that too many tipros :P

seebart

06 Nov 2017, 16:43

Ahh that classic kbdfr office pic...one can only guess at the optimized productiveness.

adhoc

09 Nov 2017, 14:26

davkol wrote:
JP! wrote: Any recommendations for a nice office chair?
Ultimate Chair Buying Resource Thread
Ultimate chair buying guide and no mention of Spinalis chairs? Those were recommended to me by me physican for crying out loud.

andrewjoy

13 Nov 2017, 12:13

mike52787 wrote:
kbdfr wrote:
Spoiler:
Yup! and I call that too many tipros :P

WOW its the 90s !!!

fohat
Elder Messenger

18 Nov 2017, 18:11

this is cleaner than usual
Attachments
chair-2017-11-18-007-e.JPG
chair-2017-11-18-007-e.JPG (459.67 KiB) Viewed 13033 times

gogusrl

18 Nov 2017, 18:20

You need to sell of an F or something and buy something like this : https://www.ebay.com/itm/Crossover-27AH ... 2147984430 . Ignore the shitty marketing and dodgy sounding branding, they're LG IPS panels inside. I've been using a similar one for 5 years now and it's one of the best purchases I've ever made.

You'll find all the info you want here : http://www.overclock.net/f/44/monitors-and-displays

I'm ashamed to show the rest :)

Phenix
-p

18 Nov 2017, 21:01

gogusrl wrote:You need to sell of an F or something and buy something like this : https://www.ebay.com/itm/Crossover-27AH ... 2147984430 . Ignore the shitty marketing and dodgy sounding branding, they're LG IPS panels inside. I've been using a similar one for 5 years now and it's one of the best purchases I've ever made.

You'll find all the info you want here : http://www.overclock.net/f/44/monitors-and-displays

I'm ashamed to show the rest :)

Thanks for the link, saved for later..

Looks like you are informed well: mind me asking a question?
Why on earth does my second screen is not recognized?
Setting is like
PC
DisplayPort 10m to a 4K LG 27^ screen
HDMI 10m to a full hd Asus 27^

I guess my pc can’t handle two different resolutions?

Return to “Gallery”