Hako True switch (input club) - Box switch architecture

space

08 Nov 2017, 21:41

Didn't see a mention of it yet so:
The Hako True switch was designed by Jacob Alexander using Box switch architecture from Kaihua as a replacement for the Halo True switch. It is a medium weight, smooth tactile switch, designed to have a pleasant and intentionally light pre-load force on first touch.
  • Style: Box Tactile
  • Manufacturer: Kaihua
  • Community Name: Hako True
  • Stem Color: Pink Salt
  • Actuation Weight: Medium
  • Tactile Method: Plastic Half Cylinder with Metal Leaf
  • LED Styles: SMD or Through-hole Compatible
  • Tactile Peak Force: ~58 gf
  • Actuation Force: ~60 gf
  • Bottom-Out Force: ~94 gf
  • Spring Force: ~95 gf
  • Overall Travel: ~3.6 mm
  • Tactile Event: ~0.54 mm
  • Actuation: ~1.95 mm
  • Cross-Point: Gold plated cross-point
hako-true1.jpg
hako-true1.jpg (87.89 KiB) Viewed 3722 times
Source: https://input.club/the-comparative-guid ... hako-true/

Elrick

10 Nov 2017, 00:09

Love this, the felching Input Club doing it again, stealing another switch design and re-naming it as THEIRS :lol: .

Simply stealing another design and calling it another name doesn't make it so, someone should let them know about that fact. Kind of reminds me of their MassDrop attack, claiming their switch design belongs to them.

Funny how thieves like to make themselves so-called copied items, then claim it's unique in the world :D .

Findecanor

10 Nov 2017, 00:52

The Hako True/Clear are really clones of their own Halo True/Clear but using Kailh's box slider design.

I have been looking over many force/displacement graphs recently trying to find another Cherry MX switch or clone that is similar to the Hako/Halo switches and come to the conclusion that there isn't one. The characteristics of the tactile bump on their switches is truly their unique design.
Yes, it resembles the Cherry MX Clear quite a bit but the peak of the bump on the Hako/Halo is much earlier in the travel and with practically no travel before the bump starts unlike the MX Clear.

TuxKey
LLAP

14 Nov 2017, 18:48

i'm typing on the Halo True and and have a mx-clears and Topre 45g board.
And i agree with Findecanor Haata really made an exceptional switch i really like it.
it's hard to say if i like it better then mx-clears i would have gotten the Halo Clear to see if i like that one better.
But typing on the Halo True (not the Hako True" i would say it's damm close to a Topre switch but then in a Cherry type switch mechanism.
The actuation is high like Topre but unlike Topre it doesn't encourage you to bottom out (in fact the opposite). You know how the Topre dome feels when you press it, its almost impossible not to fully press it. The rubber wants to go to a certain position. unlike the Halo True switch want's you to say right at the top ..
Kind of how you should type on mx-clears but i do miss the presence of a tactile bump i feel on mx-clear. Not surprising as it's suppose to be a kin to topre.
i suppose it depends on what you like.. topre vs mx-clears.
if i wasn't returning my K-type for a full refund because of other problems (not only the awful stabs) i would have bought a set of Hako Clears ..
to experience both..

i don't solder so for me it's hard to justify buying them for perhaps a future project!
120 for $54 sounds good. but then add $12,24 shipping (stil ok)
And then comes the filthy customs crap adding at least €12 ..
So the grand total would be around €70 for 120 switches.. that's €0,58 per switch Considering they are on par if not better then Zealio's that cost €1 a pop ..i would say it's a great deal..

but i think saving my €70 to put in to a new WhiteFox (must be vanilla layout) with Hako Clear seems a better deal.
i'm hoping IC get's moving and we can see mykeyboard.eu stocking a few whitefox boards.

pomk

21 Nov 2017, 17:25

Elrick wrote: Love this, the felching Input Club doing it again, stealing another switch design and re-naming it as THEIRS :lol: .

Simply stealing another design and calling it another name doesn't make it so, someone should let them know about that fact. Kind of reminds me of their MassDrop attack, claiming their switch design belongs to them.

Funny how thieves like to make themselves so-called copied items, then claim it's unique in the world :D .
Copied from what? I guess we will see a huge copyright lawsuit in the near future if it is so blatant! :lol:

Return to “News”