Deskthority Secret Santa 2017

mike52787
Alps Aficionado

22 Nov 2017, 22:23

Go for it. sounds good!

snuci
Vintage computer guy

22 Nov 2017, 22:40

Compgeke wrote: But related to that, would anyone be upset if I cut the deadline down to Sunday the 26th and got the assignments out a couple days after that?
Works for me too.

andrewjoy

23 Nov 2017, 01:40

Go for it

Compgeke

23 Nov 2017, 09:39

Alright, cool. Deadline for signups is the 26th and I'll get assignments out a couple days after that. Won't be that day though, I've been working 10-11 hour days lately.

andrewjoy

23 Nov 2017, 09:44

Only 11 hours ! That's a whole 13 you have free ;) if you stop waisting time sleeping :p.

Only kidding mate , thanks for doing this .

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

23 Nov 2017, 09:45

Compgeke wrote: Alright, cool. Deadline for signups is the 26th and I'll get assignments out a couple days after that. Won't be that day though, I've been working 10-11 hour days lately.
((New)hard working) MOD has spoken! :P :!: AND the other one is here too...I better watch it... :maverick: :duck:

Compgeke

26 Nov 2017, 22:52

Alright guys, only a few more hours left for signups! Any last minute participants?

kbdfr
The Tiproman

27 Nov 2017, 09:08

Perhaps you should advertise this thread in, let's say, the artisan keycap thread :lol:

7bit

27 Nov 2017, 20:25

Hopefully, I get someone who likes ...
- spherical key caps
- Cherry G80-3000 keyboards
- Cherry ML keyboards
- Cherry PCBs with brown or black switches
- Cherry MX switches
- Cherry mice
- Matias switches
- currently useless PCBs in various sizes without a plate or case ...

andrewjoy

27 Nov 2017, 23:40

i like matias brown , before they where called matias . NIB please :D

__red__

28 Nov 2017, 01:56

It's funny - I have the oddest allocation - I don't know who this is going to be more fun for, me or them!

Phenix
-p

28 Nov 2017, 18:55

I know I should have taken part.. :mad:
7bit your „unused spare pcbs“ sound great feel free to send me some for Christmas - dressed up in a wood case any pcb looks good ;)

andrewjoy

28 Nov 2017, 19:02

Did assignments go out ? Not got one yet

Compgeke

28 Nov 2017, 21:13

Not yet, give me a day or so to get stuff sorted out. Got some other real life related things to deal with first.

Myoth

28 Nov 2017, 21:32

So we would have the same difference of days to ship them too ?

__red__

28 Nov 2017, 21:35

Compgeke wrote: Not yet, give me a day or so to get stuff sorted out. Got some other real life related things to deal with first.
Real Life > Keyboard Lyfe

Compgeke

28 Nov 2017, 22:06

Myoth wrote: So we would have the same difference of days to ship them too ?
Naw, it's going to be tomorrow at the latest. Trying to find a dumb DMV form so I can get some licensing stuff sorted out. Last trip they didn't mark that I had it for whatever reason and now I can't find it.

Compgeke

29 Nov 2017, 07:57

Soon(tm)
https://i.imgur.com/0SaAYfo.jpg

Scratch that, congrats on your assignments everyone! Feel free to start stalking away.

__red__

30 Nov 2017, 20:35

The fodder on my target is lacking. Maybe I should call his mother and ask?

/me whistles innocently and continues to stalk.

Compgeke

30 Nov 2017, 22:20

That's a lot of the fun. We've got some lurkers here who join in, myself included. I only really post around this time of year (secret santa, DT club, DTA, etc).

__red__

01 Dec 2017, 04:00

Well this Secret Santa's gift has already been in motion for about a week so they better not post that they're allergic to 75% BeamSpring APL keyboards

/me ducks

faxe
5711 4 life

01 Dec 2017, 09:21

Step 1: Join Secret Santa
Step 2: Select possible things to put into Secret Santa package
Step 3: Receive assignment
Step 4: Stalk
Step 5: Select completely different possible things to put into Secret Santa package.
Step 6: Happiness all around :D

codemonkeymike

01 Dec 2017, 20:35

__red__ wrote: Well this Secret Santa's gift has already been in motion for about a week so they better not post that they're allergic to 75% BeamSpring APL keyboards

/me ducks
O.o I need to step up my game.

AdrianMan

04 Dec 2017, 17:03

I'm so bummed that I missed this :( Any chance for a late sign up ?

marijan

05 Dec 2017, 16:54

AdrianMan wrote: I'm so bummed that I missed this :( Any chance for a late sign up ?
Sure. I think I got assigned to only one Secret Santa this year by mistake. Ask Compgeke to add you to the list :lol:

AdrianMan

06 Dec 2017, 13:24

marijan wrote:
AdrianMan wrote: I'm so bummed that I missed this :( Any chance for a late sign up ?
Sure. I think I got assigned to only one Secret Santa this year by mistake. Ask Compgeke to add you to the list :lol:
:)) I guess I'll pass this year and be more prepared the next one :) I realized it takes a bit of time to find out + get + send the perfect gift, especially here.

Looking forward to see what you guys get.

Good luck !

wobbled

06 Dec 2017, 13:52

Will ship mine out on Saturday, I don't consider my gift 'perfect' cos some people seem to have everything already :P Should be a nice gift though!

mike52787
Alps Aficionado

06 Dec 2017, 17:37

wobbled wrote: Will ship mine out on Saturday, I don't consider my gift 'perfect' cos some people seem to have everything already :P Should be a nice gift though!
I need to stop joining these, as I really have everything I could ever want, except the 2 or so super rare super expensive boards I probably will never own ;0

wobbled

06 Dec 2017, 18:02

mike52787 wrote:
wobbled wrote: Will ship mine out on Saturday, I don't consider my gift 'perfect' cos some people seem to have everything already :P Should be a nice gift though!
I need to stop joining these, as I really have everything I could ever want, except the 2 or so super rare super expensive boards I probably will never own ;0
Yeh I get what you mean, I hope I get something I've never tried before though, that's always exciting!

tobo

07 Dec 2017, 19:30

I assume it's OK that the recipient will be able to easily figure out from whom the package is since I'm the only user sending something from my country and my address will be on the package :P.

Return to “Off-topic”