Key Tronic ErgoForce KT2001PS2SV Suddenly Stopped Working

cable

21 Mar 2012, 11:34

Heya,

I found this beauty keyboard in a second-hand store. It worked perfectly fine and was in good shape (perhaps a bit dirty).

In any case, it worked good until I shutdown my computer for the night and the next day it just didn't work at all. I had used it for several days before it happened.

The numlock is pretty much constantly on when it's connected via the PS2, but I can't do anything at all. It's like "stuck".

Perhaps someone knows a solution for this? I'd love to keep using this lovely keyboard.

I could post some pictures if needed.

Thanks in advance!

Mrinterface

21 Mar 2012, 19:19

The Key Tronic ergo force. One of the better rubber domes. :-)

If I was in your situation, I'd open it up and use contact spray on all relevant electronic parts. It's still a gamble though if that would help, but that's all I can think of a.t.m.

cable

21 Mar 2012, 19:51

Mrinterface wrote:The Key Tronic ergo force. One of the better rubber domes. :-)

If I was in your situation, I'd open it up and use contact spray on all relevant electronic parts. It's still a gamble though if that would help, but that's all I can think of a.t.m.
Indeed! :)

Hmm, the only thing(s) I've available right now is WD-40 and compressed air. I know that WD-40 isn't considered as a contact spray but I remember that I fixed a mouse issue with it before.

But yeah, I'll get a contact spray first and see what happens.

rodtang

21 Mar 2012, 19:52

Spray WD-40 in it and you'll have a broken keyboard that smells like shit.

cable

21 Mar 2012, 20:29

rodtang wrote:Spray WD-40 in it and you'll have a broken keyboard that smells like shit.
WD-40 smells great. What have you been smoking?

itlnstln

21 Mar 2012, 21:49

cable wrote:
rodtang wrote:Spray WD-40 in it and you'll have a broken keyboard that smells like shit.
WD-40 smells great. What have you been smoking?
Whatever it is, I wouldn't smoke it around WD-40.

ripster

22 Mar 2012, 01:46

Mainly baby oil.

Maybe he really likes babies?

Izza
Lurker Prime

22 Mar 2012, 01:48

ripster wrote:Mainly baby oil.

Maybe he really likes babies?
I don't get it. What do you do with babies and oil?

webwit
Wild Duck

22 Mar 2012, 03:27

Bake them?

Izza
Lurker Prime

22 Mar 2012, 06:48

I was just wondering where Ripster's expertise on the subject came from. Perhaps you nailed it?

hoggy

22 Mar 2012, 07:32

webwit wrote:Bake them?

Hang on, who took the picture? Must have been a 2nd perp. C'mon, you can tell he's evil, he's wearing a waistcoat and a tshirt for crying out loud.

Office health and safety courses would have a field day with this, just look at the way the guy is holding that dish, and the shelf looks too high, the little fella would bang his head once he's inside.

Return to “Keyboards”