6%
The Orochi by Keyforge
9%

Total votes: 243

webwit
Wild Duck

26 Nov 2017, 20:14

Sponsored by:
Vote in the final round of this category to win a New 75 and a ViBE keyboard from Vortex!

Round 2 rules:
Please vote for nominees for the best artisan keycap, novelty keycaps or artisan in 2017.

You can cast a maximum of five votes.

This round is used to trim down the suggested nominees from round 1 - the five entries with the most votes will be promoted to official nominees and make it into the third and final round.

Suggested nominees:
Grimey As Fvck for Artisan of the year, their sculpts are mindblowing and capture the complexity of artisan keycap making and the essence of grime in an artistically pleasing way

Nightcaps from eat_the_food's Poisoned Summer sale

brocaps for "best artisan" because of all of the amazing colorways and new stuff he has brought out this year. The Christmas sale, valentines sale, 420 blind nug run, 4th of july, Halloween sale and whatever others I may have missed, all had some of the nicest colorways Ive seen and the "thurrg" from his last sale is an awesome new sculpt. He also reworked the gamer sets to a nice new design and is dropping full resin topre sets with those new gamer sets which is what I am most hyped for.

Zorb, I just love the Sparkey

HWS - Binge for best artisan for his hard work in 4x4. hope this control the aftermarket price.

Sneaky Potato over at Keyforge. Sneaky certainly isn't new to the artisan community with quite a few successful sculpts last year, but he really stepped up his attention to detail and colorway complexity with his Shishi and Orichi sculpts this year, placing his cap quality on par with the most desirable artisans currently available.

Jelly Key - For creating very impressive and unique little pieces of art.

Also, I'd like to nominate Maos Keys/Maos Store on AliExpress for actually selling artisan keycaps at a more reasonable price-point (~$5-7 shipped)

The Orochi (by Keyforge). I'm not naming it for my clear love for this sculpt but because it is extremely detailed and well made. I also appreciate the effort to make an artisan. Also i got into Artisans when i saw the Orochi on reddit
The second round ends on Friday 1 December, 19:00 UTC. You can change your vote until the end of the round.

The full results will be published at the end of the awards.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

27 Nov 2017, 08:50

I'm voting for the Jelly Key, the only candidate which seems eager to attract the looks to the beauty of our planet instead of showing yet another boring iteration of an imaginary ferocious face:

Spoiler:
Not sure whether a vote here is liable to win a prize, but if this is the case and I happen to win anything,
I'll hold a raffle - restricted to boomers DT members with a minimum membership history and number of posts :lol:

andrewjoy

27 Nov 2017, 09:20

I think that the jelly look decent . If I have to have an an artisan then that's what I would have

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

27 Nov 2017, 09:25

Voted Jelly key for innovation.

dreLLin

27 Nov 2017, 13:01

From the looks I absolutely love the Jelly Key designs but they have so many qc problems. I already had two broken stems and there are lots of posts from others with problems.

chuckdee

27 Nov 2017, 19:04

Shishi is nominated and the Orochi keycap. It seems like it should just be the latter.

webwit
Wild Duck

27 Nov 2017, 19:19

Why's that? I don't know what's what and who's who.

chuckdee

27 Nov 2017, 20:33

webwit wrote: Why's that? I don't know what's what and who's who.
Well, it would seem that either Sneaky Potato over at Keyforge should be nominated, or the Orochi which is his work.

Please vote for nominees for the best artisan keycap, novelty keycaps or artisan in 2017.

Also, the Orochi was done in 2106, so I don't think that's eligible. The Shishi was done even earlier.

Also, from his site, he hasn't released anything in 2017. I could be wrong on that- just looking at the evidence as it exists.

webwit
Wild Duck

27 Nov 2017, 20:46

Ok thanks, any other opinions? I might disqualify for the final round.

onenightfriend

27 Nov 2017, 20:57

chuckdee wrote:
Well, it would seem that either Sneaky Potato over at Keyforge should be nominated, or the Orochi which is his work.

Also, the Orochi was done in 2106, so I don't think that's eligible. The Shishi was done even earlier.

Also, from his site, he hasn't released anything in 2017. I could be wrong on that- just looking at the evidence as it exists.
These dates are wrong. The Orochi was introduced in its first sale 4/20/2017. I was lucky enough to win one back then and I only started the hobby as recently as March of this year. Shishi is the same. First sold as a part of this year's 4/20 sale.

I would suggest that there should only be one nomination specifically for KeyForge (or SneakyPotato) to prevent otherwise splitting the vote.

gkubed

27 Nov 2017, 21:13

I can't speak for QC problems but I voted Jelly Key as well. It's the only artisan I've ever thought of purchasing.

dickeroni

27 Nov 2017, 21:39

chuckdee wrote:

Just for reference, the site (ArtisanArchive.org) that you are copying info from is not Sneaky's (KeyForge) official website. That site is community made and most of all, very out of date/incomplete. His official site is Keyforge.com.

Pulled from his site, the designs in question were first released 4/20/17, like onenightfriend stated.

shinz0

27 Nov 2017, 21:40

idk why JK is here. They are notorious for their faulty stems and the customer service is abysmal.

webwit
Wild Duck

27 Nov 2017, 21:42

onenightfriend wrote: I would suggest that there should only be one nomination specifically for KeyForge (or SneakyPotato) to prevent otherwise splitting the vote.
Thanks for the info, I'll fix that in the final round.

Halvar

27 Nov 2017, 21:44

It would be sad if Sneaky Potato didn't make it because of a split vote!

Can we all just secretly agree to vote for the first option of the two, for the artist, instead of "The Orochi by Keyforge"?

chuckdee

27 Nov 2017, 22:28

onenightfriend wrote: These dates are wrong. The Orochi was introduced in its first sale 4/20/2017. I was lucky enough to win one back then and I only started the hobby as recently as March of this year. Shishi is the same. First sold as a part of this year's 4/20 sale.
Thanks for the correction - I looked on his site, and the sales menu also said 2016, but I guess that doesn't include flash sales. That does bring up a point- he did sell those in 2016, just not that variation. Does that count if it's just a variation in style? I don't know (and honestly don't care)... I was just bringing it up.

webwit
Wild Duck

27 Nov 2017, 22:46

I'll leave that to the voters.

ABC123itsEASY

28 Nov 2017, 03:06

Uh....didn't JK win last year? I remember seeing in another topic that you can't be considered for two years in a row...
Also yes, the first orochis / shishis were in 2017, but shouldn't we try to have moderated options with properly researched options as opposed to 'leaving it up to the voters' to vote on duplicate / previously winning entries?

webwit
Wild Duck

28 Nov 2017, 08:29

ABC123itsEASY wrote: Uh....didn't JK win last year? I remember seeing in another topic that you can't be considered for two years in a row...
No, there is no such limitation.
ABC123itsEASY wrote: Also yes, the first orochis / shishis were in 2017, but shouldn't we try to have moderated options with properly researched options as opposed to 'leaving it up to the voters' to vote on duplicate / previously winning entries?
No, we can't research like 100+ options, this is not a paid job ;) Round 1 is pretty easy-going, these aren't official nonimees yet. This round is used to weed out those suggestions.

chuckdee

28 Nov 2017, 15:23

webwit wrote: I'll leave that to the voters.

Makes sense. Thanks!

onenightfriend

28 Nov 2017, 17:13

chuckdee wrote: Thanks for the correction - I looked on his site, and the sales menu also said 2016, but I guess that doesn't include flash sales. That does bring up a point- he did sell those in 2016, just not that variation. Does that count if it's just a variation in style? I don't know (and honestly don't care)... I was just bringing it up.
The 4/20 flash sale was the first sale period for the Shishi and Orochi. Sadly the info is wrong on what should be reliable sources.

As far as variations, it's hard to say. I would say if there's one category then all things should be allowed as long as new content was generated in the timeframe. Sales usually introduce either new sculpts or new colorways and both can be very impressive deviations from the previous versions.

chuckdee

28 Nov 2017, 17:19

In the end, I'll leave it to others and the voters. I'm not really up on artisans- I had some I received as part of Secret Santa and I re-gifted them for that reason; I figured someone else could get more use out of them/enjoy them. I have them on one board because my daughter got on me about the fact that it was a Halloween board and the extra keys didn't look like Halloween, but those are just cheap artisans. Just wanted to bring up the discrepancies. 8-)

cookie

01 Dec 2017, 11:58

I only consider Jelly as an actual cap, the rest is bullshit.

andrewjoy

01 Dec 2017, 13:49

cookie wrote: I only consider Jelly as an actual cap, the rest is bullshit.
Well i was not going to say anything but .... yeh.

Chert902

01 Dec 2017, 16:43

Not sure about that Maos Store nomination.

Halvar

01 Dec 2017, 16:52

It's not a cap if it isn't spherical?

7bit will like that... :-)

Return to “Vote for nominees”