plate damaged in the mail

jacopods

30 Nov 2017, 04:16

Dear all,

I finally received today the steel plate from our friends at lasergist, and unfortunately there was some damage which probably occurred in the mailstream. As you can see despite the potato quality of this picture, the plate is quite warped.
IMG_20171129_152806.jpg
IMG_20171129_152806.jpg (452.2 KiB) Viewed 1793 times
Is there a way that I can fix it? I have put it under some even pressure between two shelves with some [serious] weight on top and I am waiting to see if it will get back to flat but I am not sure that this will take care of it. Any suggestion would be most welcome!

Thanks in advance for your time

Zobeid Zuma

30 Nov 2017, 15:17

If it's like the last steel plate I used, you should be able to flex and bend it back into shape with your hands. Just sight down the length of it and keep bending a little here, a little there, and if you are patient you'll eventually get it straight. However, if your plate is made of a different steel alloy, then it might be more springy than mine? Only way to find out is to try it.

recon8659

30 Nov 2017, 19:57

jacopods wrote: Dear all,

I finally received today the steel plate from our friends at lasergist, and unfortunately there was some damage which probably occurred in the mailstream. As you can see despite the potato quality of this picture, the plate is quite warped.
IMG_20171129_152806.jpg
Is there a way that I can fix it? I have put it under some even pressure between two shelves with some [serious] weight on top and I am waiting to see if it will get back to flat but I am not sure that this will take care of it. Any suggestion would be most welcome!

Thanks in advance for your time
Bend it back with your hands, just dont make it worse.

Also screwing it into the case might straighten it out

uncletobai

01 Dec 2017, 19:12

I would try to get a new plate or refund from lasergist.

Rafa_m

01 Dec 2017, 20:52

You could probably just try to bend it a little bit to get it as straight as possible, and once you have the switches soldered, it won't make much of a difference.

Return to “Keyboards”