Cannot sign into wiki

JP!

07 Dec 2017, 18:52

Not sure if this wiki system does not like my username or what but I have never been able to login using my DT account. Any assistance is appreciated.

Nuum

07 Dec 2017, 19:00

Wasn't there a problem with certain special characters? Maybe your exclamation mark is the problem, so it might be worth a try with just "JP" as login.

gkubed

07 Dec 2017, 20:05

IIRC the DT Wiki directs you to this page as far as usernames go: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... _usernames

Pretty sure the Wiki also doesn't like enormous passwords too. I had to make my password shorter in order to log into the Wiki. According to my own experience, Wikipedia and Deskthority Wiki's password technical restrictions are different.

Myoth

07 Dec 2017, 20:08

I recall you can't use signs, I had to change my username from "Myoth-" to "Myoth" to be able to enter it ...

Daniel Beardsmore

07 Dec 2017, 20:10

Nuum wrote: Wasn't there a problem with certain special characters? Maybe your exclamation mark is the problem, so it might be worth a try with just "JP" as login.
The only known one is "_" because MediaWiki can't distinguish " " from "_". I would have thought that it would be possible to have some sort of tweak in the phpBB code/tables to allow for this, e.g. a database column in phpBB where your wiki username is stored, so that it can be adjusted (e.g. php(mr_a500) → MW(mr a500)).

I honestly don't know how this connection is implemented, or what can be adjusted, and whether a user account gets created the wiki with a modified username, or whether account creation fails, or what.

The specific nature of the problem remains a mystery.

JP!

07 Dec 2017, 20:33

I could try changing my password to remove special characters since my password isn't super long. Otherwise I suppose the easiest workaround would be to create a secondary account. I can't be JP since the minimum is three characters, hence why I added the "!" in the first place.

Return to “Deskthority wiki talk”